Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 8

Old 01-02-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

each individual is different, i think you need to speak to your dr. Yes you can wean off, but again it all depends on how much/often it is taken. 30 (0.5mg) pills would last me several months. Yes, my doc is reasonable and wise. I just stopped taking them.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Yesterday I went to an AA meeting and got my 1 year coin. I do feel proud of myself and hope that 2016 brings more happiness and peace for all of us.

How's the new house Sister? When are you taking (or did you take) that train ride?

What's up for the winter months Saoutchik? Working on the car or do you take a break?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on a year OMW

I have done all I can on my own and have had a short break from the Lancia over Xmas. In return for helping out at their restaurant my BIL is going to help me fit the engine, gearbox and exhaust - 2 person jobs
Old 01-04-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

oh, the new house is a 1940's house, needs lots of work. Its only 900 sq ft. ???
I am so proud of you. One year. That is wonderful.
Remember, happiness is found inside, not outside. (reminder to myself too)
I look back and I have never been alone for more than a few months. Always looked for happiness in relationships.

I love men, adore them, but i need to find happy without a man presence in the picture, i need happy in me.
saoutchik- wish i was there to help you
Old 01-05-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I'm with you sister - I think the longest I've been single is 6 months - I agree and would really like to 1) be happy with just me and 2) have more friends. I usually get with someone and tend to build my world around them and not me. Ugh - that looks horrible in writing.

Anyway - I'm going to a new AA meeting today. Woman's only group by my work.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnMyWay7 View Post
I agree and would really like to 1) be happy with just me and 2) have more friends. I usually get with someone and tend to build my world around them and not me. Ugh - that looks horrible in writing.
yes it does.

Lonely and depression are visiting me. Time does heal! Yes.

Friends are a lot of work.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Living on your own can get lonely around holidays but it does have its advantages too (I never have to wrestle for the remote) I have exactly what I wanted as a 19 year old - own place, own car (two in fact) reasonable job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151222_162839.jpg (45.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 01-05-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

I know I've missed some 1 year anniversaries I'm sure, but congrats to anyone who made that beautiful milestone.

I have been away and off work for nearly a month. My Mother-in-law got sick beginning of December and we lost her on December 23. She was a beautiful person and I was lucky to have an inlaw like her. We are back home now but now my Dad is sick. Prostate cancer and bone cancer. Still trying to get the info out of him and I think he is hiding something. We just got him moved up here too. Ugh.

Anyways I'm still sober, don't know how I made it through the last month but honestly I was almost too busy to dwell on it. Back home now and I've had many many thoughts of drinking. It's been pretty bad but I'm holding on.

I need to read to get caught up on the happenings here. Much love to all!

Jojo
Old 01-05-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and wish you all a happy, healthy new year! I
saoutchik and onmyway...congratulations on one year!!! That is an awesome accomplishment and much to be proud of!!,

I have stopped in on your class from time to time to check in. I know saoutchik reached out to me via PM a while ago...thank you again saoutchik!

I am doing well. I finally put down a drink (again) on august 26th and have been sober since. I feel pretty good and trying to embrace sobriety again. I'm in the august class but miss my januarians and wanted to say hello.

Stay warm and continue to enjoy sobriety xo
Old 01-05-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hello lovehoops

I, too, put down the drink in oct after my daughter's wedding. I do need to join the oct class, just been too busy.

You also stay warm and sober xo
Old 01-05-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for you lose JoJo.

Diagnosis with prostate cancer and bone cancer? It might mean the cancer has metastasized, spread through the body. (???) Your Dad may not want to talk about it and that might be the sign (hidding something) you are seeing. I do not know. You need to talk to his Doctor.
glad to hear from you
Old 01-05-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss and your news Jojo - best wishes to you and your family.

D
Old 01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hey Jojo, good to hear from you

I'm sorry you have had such a tough month. It's good that your dad is close by at this time. Maybe going back to work would be a good idea? It would at least distract you for a few hours a day.

Fantastic that you are not drinking Jojo - nearly one year
Old 01-06-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad to see you too Lovehoops and especially pleased that you have are not drinking too. Way to go
Old 01-11-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening, hope everyone is well. I have had a peek at the Class of January 2016 thread. Amazing that that a year has gone by. I'm glad those early days are over when every night the cravings would arrive about 8.00pm

Under stress at work as the boss has gone on vacation to Mexico (Cancun) and left me in charge. No disasters so far
Old 01-13-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hey Guys!

Just checking in. I'm not doing very well. I'm depressed and my OCD/Anxiety is off the charts. I'm scared. I don't know of what.

My dad won't tell me much other than he just has to live with the bone cancer. Who ever says that? I've never heard of such a thing. I don't know who his doctor is and I don't think I could go behind his back to demand info. Not sure they would anyways.

Think I need some vitamin D because Januaries are the worst for me with lack of sunshine.

Jojo
Old 01-13-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

oh Jo Jo, you need to do some going behind your daddy's back and yes they will talk to you and you can't just live with bone cancer. You need to find out. (how is your relationship with your dad?)

Vit D is good.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

They wouldn't talk to you here I don't think JoJo unless you have power of attorney or something, but that wouldn't stop me trying.

I'm not sure how old your dad is - he may have considered all the options and decided himself to 'live with it'...

I had a former neighbour who had prostate cancer and it was so slow growing he decided to do nothing about it - the prognosis was 10-15 years and he felt that was an OK outcome for a guy already in his 70s with a dicky heart and kidneys.

Bone cancer is a different matter tho and that doesn't sound like a Dr's recommendation to me, unless like I said your dad is a very great age...or healthwise may not handle surgery, chemo etc.

many prayers for you and your family
D
Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Jojo, sorry you are struggling

I know your dad is 80 Jojo so it might be that he has been offered, but does not want to undergo, aggressive chemotherapy with all that entails. I know men especially of that generation don't like to talk about their health status

I obviously don't know how much he knows about your previous drinking but I bet if he did know then he is really proud of you and on top of that you quit smoking and if both of those were not enough you have lost a lot of weight. If I was your dad I would be bursting with pride at your achievements in the last year Jojo and you will cope with this situation much better as the person we know and love on this thread than going back to how you were
Old 01-15-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Sorry Jojo hope things turn around. I hope everyone is doing well.