Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 8

Old 11-08-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you had to deal with that OnMyWay. Insecure people say hurtful things to reassure themselves. Glad that at least you had some good news about your job
Old 11-09-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Monday morning and I'm back in the office - overall good day today. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow (boo).
Old 11-09-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Long day here for me but perversely it went quite quickly. I had someone from the British Lancia Owners Club email me today asking me for details, they want to do an article when it is complete
Old 11-09-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

saoutchik- exciting news about the article on the car, when will it be done?
Everything is okay here, no offers on the house yet, I'm thinking maybe rent it out if it does not sell by end of month. So many ifs...
Old 11-09-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I intend, hook or by crook to have it ready by Easter at the latest. If it is a bit sooner then all good but I am going to do everything that needs to be done before I say it's "ready"
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I intend, hook or by crook to have it ready by Easter at the latest. If it is a bit sooner then all good but I am going to do everything that needs to be done before I say it's "ready"
That is going to be so cool driving it around in the spring.

Sister - I'll probably be in the same boat next year (selling the house) we'll have to sell it because we can't move on and still own the house. Anyway - we haven't talked but I think we're both resigned to the fact that we're going to split. It sucks but what can you do - I don't think I can stay in this relationship and be totally clean. Right now I'm on antidepressants and I'd like to get off of them someday and just be me again. I used to be able to be just me. I miss that.

Rainy again today - can chilly. Off to see the shrink today to make sure my meds are ok - I'm a bit nervous as I've only seen the therapist up until now. I guess I'm afraid he'll think I'm really crazy - not just a little messed up.
Anyway - feel the fear and do it anyway - right?
Old 11-11-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey my beautiful people!!

Been awake since 4 am. So I'm on the couch in the dark with my iPhone.

Doing well here! Been very busy with trying to move my 80 year old Papa up here. It's a 2.5 hour drive one way to his place. So in between working at the store I'm on the highway or telephone. But it's getting better everyday.

He has to be out of his place on nov 30 and he can move into his new place on dec 9. So he will be out of sorts for a mere 9 days. Good thing he's got a great positive disposition. Found a nice acreage 15 minutes from town for him. My daughter and him will share the property with separate living quarters. There was no way in hell I was getting him in town so this was a great alternative.

Still fighting the fight and pleased to still be sober and cig free. All though I still dream of doing both. Like, why?!?!?!?

Jojo
Old 11-11-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hey! Good to hear from you Jojo

Glad everything is going well for you (dreams apart). It will be good to have your dad closer to you for all sorts of reasons

It must be tough for you OnMyWay. One consolation it that your children are old enough to accept even if they don't fully understand
Old 11-11-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Jojo nice to hear from you. Who knows why those dreams keep happening. I get them sometimes myself - annoying.

Sounds like moving the Papa is work but will soon be done before Christmas - that will be nice

Great job on staying sober. I can't wait until I hit a year - it's so close now. Just need to make sure I don't celebrate.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Januarians
Old 11-11-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

GIve it time Jojo. we drank for years - our subconscious is full of memories and situations to reassemble into dreams...Those drinking dreams will fade

D
Old 11-11-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi Soberwolf - how are you doing? Sometimes it's hard to believe you were taking care of us when there were over 100 people on this thread. We're a small group but a committed one. Well I should be committed...
Old 11-11-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey Guys!

Yes, having my Dad close will be so great. We always lived close, up until the past 5 years when we were transferred north. So its been difficult, and there have been a few scares. A couple times his phone was left off the hook for days, and having to get an RCMP wellness check, and also a mix up on his meds that left him higher than a kite and calling us needing help, and we had to get the RCMP and paramedics to go into his residence to get him and take him to the hospital while we were on route. But by next month he will be close and our daughter will be on the same property.

Here is the property: 48017 RR 63, Rural Brazeau County, Alberta * T7A1R6 - E3422032 | Realtor.ca

It needs to be renovated but there is enough room for the horses, which we have been boarding, and 2 greenhouses etc. I can garden and have chickens again. I'm pretty happy, because Dad and I gardened and raised chickens before we moved.

The dreams are truly disturbing! The cig one, I literally saw the cig, and took great delight in puffing on it. I felt it go into my lungs and I felt the rush. Then I woke up and I was frantic and mad at myself. Same with the drinking dream. I woke up and literally patted down my body to see if I felt hung over, looking for the signs of it.

Saoutchik, I too hate scenes. But I love that I can be in better control with a clear mind. I had a very difficult customer and I literally had to tell her to stop being so rude to me or she could go elsewhere. lol I was cool and calm and I wasn't messing around and I gave her the Jojo death stare. Then when she left I had an adrenaline overload and started shaking and got all scatter brained. lol

Haha! Oh my gosh Sistah the costume is a hoot! The look on Moe's face is the best! lol

OMW, we sure are a small handful of people now, huh? I remember the long lists that were compiled every now and then of all of us. It seemed like pages, now ain't nobody here but us chickens! (Don't know where that saying comes from.)

Oh and Saoutchik, I am sooooooo HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! Poldark (2015) has finally made it across the ocean and onto my TV. So now I can lay on the couch when the house is quiet and drool over Ross Poldark. My kids call it "Mommy's smut." hahaha! Honestly I sometimes have to rewind because I have to listen to a piece of dialog again because the accents are so thick! I'm like damn it! REWIND.... hahaha!

Okay mucho love to all!

Jojo
Old 11-12-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Your dads new place looks perfect Jojo, it doesn't look like too much restoration work is needed

Yes we are definitely few in number now although there are a few who are still fighting the good fight and post on other threads.

Don't want to look too far ahead but in less than 7 weeks there will be a new January thread for 2016 then we really will be "old timers" lol
Old 11-12-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I need to get better at exploring this website. I tend to forget just how big it is.

Yikes a year is coming isn't it? Well I won't think too much on that. I stopped counting days a long time ago because I was becoming too fixated on it. But I did check yesterday out of curiosity and I think it said I've been sober 298 days. Wow. I remember so cleary when we all joined together. I had tried off and on for 5 years at this website. I joined our group and I did 5 days, relapsed, then started over and here I am. Honestly I surprise myself that I got here. But I did. WE did, like Bambi on wobbly legs. lol Now, to just keep one foot in front of the other, one simple day at a time.

Jojo
Old 11-12-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

"Bambi on wobbly legs" spot on analogy Jojo
Old 11-12-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

i wish i could say it has been almost a year for me. I did have a glass of spirits on my daughter's wedding, but I'm determined not to drink any more. It's been almost a year since I got drunk, drunk, sick for a few days drunk.
However, I am not going to fool myself and believe I can start drinking normal again, don't want that crap in my life.
I am so busy trying to get my life back in order. I can run in and out of the store without even thinking about the booze. So that's good. I was never a daily drinker, i went weeks, sometimes even a month without drinking, it was quanity.

The last few days, I went a little OCD texting, okay a lot, with an old friend of mine. We have known each other 30 years. About five years ago, she called me up and needed a place to stay, i hooked her up with my brother-in-law, he needed a renter. They ended up getting married. Brother-in-law is also A. She married him knowing he was an A.
She picked sides during our divorce. Not once did she call me asking how I was doing. She denied me my feelings, totally took my hubby's perspective on things. Well, i let her have it. Betrayal by a friend is harder than divorcing a hubby. Hubby's can be replaced, old friends can not.

I blocked her lol
Old 11-14-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You definitely haven't relapsed at anytime Sis so I would say you have been sober for the same length of time as the rest of us on this thread

You were right to block her Sis, she sounds deluded
Old 11-14-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Very excited. Tonight I'm going out with friends to a comedy club. I think this is the first time going out with friends in years.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you all

Bobbi how you count your days is up to you..as you say the main thing is realising that the only sure way to go forward is complete abstinence.

Don't let that AV fool you into thinking not getting drunk is ok.

Been there done that...lost control again too many times to count

D