Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 21

Old 11-07-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
That'd be so fun! Enjoy your party, Mark!
Phoebe, There's no such thing as too many tacos. Excellent idea!

Not worse, not better here. Cowboy just said it has poured rain since last night and temps are dropping. Yuck! At least I'm dry and comfy on the couch. College football on, putting a scrapbook together for Jr., laundry is never-ending... Life is good.

BD... I love anything with peppermint or lemon. I've always wondered if someone could bottle up the smell of Meyer lemon blossoms. There is nothing better smelling on the planet. What did you end up making?

Wishing you all an awesome weekend!
Conquest, I am glad that you didn't make that trip. Cold and damp probably wouldn't have been good for your congestion.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Oh yes! I'm coming by!
Arbor, I'm almost there!!!

What's your ETA?
Old 11-07-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Any minute Leigh!

Bring some of that Strat cake! Came early today.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

BD do you sell on Etsy?
Old 11-07-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers. See you tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

How are you, Briar?
Old 11-08-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good morning group! Ready for some coffee and coupon-clipping, a favorite Sunday morning ritual instilled in me by my frugal father. I just may get to make the gumbo that I've been craving today... Fingers crossed.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better Conquest. Supermarkets are hell on weekends here-I try to stay away. Have to finish the lotion-all cool and thick-now to scent and bottle it, may do grapefruit/lavender/lemon along with the lavender/lemongrass/peppermint/rosemary then other stuff to make. I'd love to squeeze a walk in. Maybe during the cool down phase on the cream.

Phoebe, I don't yet sell on Etsy-my photography sucks and it's all about the pics. I need to get great photos. Perhaps next year I'll take a class, or ask my photographer B-I-L help me. I applied to Amazon Handmade (it's new), but my category is not open yet.

Enjoy your day!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and Happy Sunday.

It's feeling nice and crisp at a breezy 54 degrees......makes for good coffee drinking. I was up late enjoying guests and haven't slept in this long in ages. As expected, my AV scampered off with its tail tucked not long after everyone arrived and it was a relaxed evening of conversation and laughter that wrapped up with them leaving around 11:00.

Conquest, like Leigh I'm glad you stayed out of that damp weather. Gumbo sounds good. Around here gumbo is one of those things like thanksgiving dressing in that people have strong opinions about how it should be prepared. My MIL makes her roux very dark. So dark that it tastes a little burned to me but I've learned when to keep my mouth shut!

BD, my girls love gift baskets of things like you make. I imagine you must really enjoy it all but I'm sure it's a lot of work at times.

How was the evening phoebe?

What's up with the rest of the gang today? I suspect more leaves will find their way back to the Arbor lawn if this breeze finds its way to New England.

Briar...I hope your checking in and you know we're here for you when you feel like talking.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Leigh, I seem to remember that you're home is mid Atlantic. My sister and her husband just returned from a few days in Colonial Williamsburg and the surrounding area. They quite enjoyed it with all the history etc.. Other than D.C. I've not done traveling in that area. I'm a little into ancestry stuff at the moment and it's seems that my patrilineage is rooted in the New Kent, VA area. I'd like to check it out.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great night Mark. I get like you in that before a social event I get all anxious. In the past I tended to think maybe it was AV or drinking related, but now I just see it as normal. That's just the way I am.

Today's my Dads birthday. Going over to their house to enjoy the afternoon and a nice dinner. I wouldn't be surprised if Mom was making spaghetti and meatballs for the boys. Wants us to stop at the local bakery on the way up to pick up a fresh loaf of French bread.

Thinking of you Briar. Hope your well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

That's a good point Arbor. I may frame too many things around AV. I like hosting and want folks to have fun and relax so having a little nervous energy just before 'show time' is probably completely normal. They way I used to manage it was the problem. Happy birthday to your Dad. I hope today won't be stressful for you.

Do any of y'all have camellias? That's one thing that does great around here. We have one on either side of the steps up to the front porch and they show off this time of year. Looks like it snows pink.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Leigh, I seem to remember that you're home is mid Atlantic. My sister and her husband just returned from a few days in Colonial Williamsburg and the surrounding area. They quite enjoyed it with all the history etc.. Other than D.C. I've not done traveling in that area. I'm a little into ancestry stuff at the moment and it's seems that my patrilineage is rooted in the New Kent, VA area. I'd like to check it out.

If you've never been to Colonial Williamsburg, Mark, it's well worth the trip. I've never been during the Christmas Season but it's supposed to be especially nice at that time of year (as it is at Halloween with ghost walks, etc.) The restaurants are especially festive with all staff dressed and acting as colonists. Two days is all you really need.

I've never been to New Kent.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Sounds like a great night Mark. I get like you in that before a social event I get all anxious. In the past I tended to think maybe it was AV or drinking related, but now I just see it as normal. That's just the way I am.

Today's my Dads birthday. Going over to their house to enjoy the afternoon and a nice dinner. I wouldn't be surprised if Mom was making spaghetti and meatballs for the boys. Wants us to stop at the local bakery on the way up to pick up a fresh loaf of French bread.

Thinking of you Briar. Hope your well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.
Happy birthday to your Dad, Arbor; enjoy the dinner with family.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Glad you are feeling better Conquest. Supermarkets are hell on weekends here-I try to stay away. Have to finish the lotion-all cool and thick-now to scent and bottle it, may do grapefruit/lavender/lemon along with the lavender/lemongrass/peppermint/rosemary then other stuff to make. I'd love to squeeze a walk in. Maybe during the cool down phase on the cream.

Phoebe, I don't yet sell on Etsy-my photography sucks and it's all about the pics. I need to get great photos. Perhaps next year I'll take a class, or ask my photographer B-I-L help me. I applied to Amazon Handmade (it's new), but my category is not open yet.

Enjoy your day!
BD, lotion making seems lot a lot of work but you seem to love it. what is that saying? - "Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life" - something like that.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Good morning group! Ready for some coffee and coupon-clipping, a favorite Sunday morning ritual instilled in me by my frugal father. I just may get to make the gumbo that I've been craving today... Fingers crossed.
Conquest, your post conjured up an old memory.

Does anyone remember S&H stamps?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I remember those stamps! I don't think I would have ever thought of them again.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
BD, lotion making seems lot a lot of work but you seem to love it. what is that saying? - "Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life" - something like that.
Many are concerned with their diet, but not what they put on their skin. Skin is the largest organ of your body. Making natural products is a lot of work, but very satisfying. I use my products every single day. I like using stuff that I know exactly what it is. It's not so different from the gardener that grows vegetables.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

^^^^ Very true, BD.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread peeps

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-22-a.html

D