Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 21

Old 10-30-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Super cool spider, Mark! I haven't seen those before (thankfully).

Meditation got put off. We ended up going shopping for wedding flowers. I've decided to make my bouquet... I have never done anything like that before so I'm not really sure why or how I think I'm going to accomplish this. But with Google and Pinterest on my side, how could I ever fail?! Here's a peek at what I'm going for...bringing the winter outdoors in, kinda forest fairy-ish....

Ack! The pic is so big... Not sure how to shrink it. Lol

I've got a busy weekend ahead, gotta finish a crafty project for church, take the boys out to get suited up, visit two Halloween parties, drive out to the farm on Sunday for the birthday that was postponed... No time for drinking. That's for sure!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (72.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Gorgeous flowers, Conquest!!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I was really struggling last night. I openly said it to my daughter, 16, who thinks my avoidance of drinking is mostly diet related. But, by saying it out loud that I really wanted wine, and was thinking about i, much like she thinks about candy all the time, she offered me support and some accountability. I made some yummy fruity herbal tea and iced it. And, I feel good this morning despite only 5 hours sleep. Hubby was out and I was unable to sleep until he got home.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Sorry you were struggling last night Phoebe. Glad you've worked through that with your daughter and are fine today. Next time come on here and post. Maybe we could help you.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Slowly I'm following Arbor's lead and now yours too phoebe in that I'm becoming more likely to openly talk about my decision concerning alcohol (with close individuals). I see that despite my stubborn hesitation that it may in fact be liberating.

The morning after a struggle like that does feel good knowing we did what was right for us.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Beautiful flowers, Conquest.

I like the idea of bringing the seasonal outdoors and a fairy-ish theme to your bouquet.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

We're here for you, phoebe - let us know when you are struggling; that's what friends are for.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

Have a wonderful Autumn day (spring day, venus).
Old 10-30-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I've finally mentioned to my mom (my bff) that abstaining is a struggle at times. It has helped because it puts my challenge into the light a little further. When I mentioned it, I used my weight as my main reason for abstaining. She reminded me that overindulgence is a struggle in our family... Whether it's alcohol, food, sleep...very accepting and just reassured me that my efforts to abstain are best and serving me very well. It felt good to say out loud what I think she already recognized.

Not gonna lie, I've been tempted and hearing that small, obnoxious AV this week. It's always when I'm hungry and tired. Always. That's why there are grapes and a smooshed string cheese in my purse. I won't get caught hungry, easy fix on hand. It feels so good to be smarter and more honest now.

Phoebe, I'm glad you shared with your daughter. The accountability is golden.
Stay well everyone. We got this!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Yes I think it's important that people your closest to know. I get a call or text everyday from my mother now. It just brought us closer if anything.

That pesky AV is just that. Pesky. Sugar has been helpful for me at the end of the day. A few pieces of Halloween candy can go a long way. It just blows my mind still and is almost comical how this crave can even remotely happen when a drink is the last thing I truly want. They are just thoughts.

I'm fine right now though btw. Sipping some nice hot hojicha tea.

Pizza night. Time to order up.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I am just SO proud of us...

Arbor ~ you sound so good. So strong. It makes me happy.

Conquest ~ gorgeous bouquet! And it doesn't look that hard to do. And hey, besides YouTube, you have phoebe and BD and Briar right here to help...they are all so talented.

phoebe ~ that was such a smart thing to do...you got help, and took care of yourself, and actually added another sobriety tool you can use again. So glad you made it through!

Mark ~ love and hello. Guess you are enjoying another lovely dinner on your patio? It really does look divine. And peaceful.

BD ~ so, major drama....Greys wasn't on....kidding. There are so many shows to watch it hardly matters. But I was really disappointed.

Love and good morning to Leigh and Dee and everyone else. ♥
Old 10-30-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Good morning, Venus!
Whatcha got planned for your Saturday?

Arbor, I second the Halloween candy strategy... Just had a kit kat and it hit the spot.

Looks like another rainy weekend for us in Texas... The fast-moving clouds and fullish moon add to the holiday spookiness I guess. I'm heading over to hang out with my guys. Jr has never seen The Goonies before... Tsk, tsk. That's an incomplete childhood in my opinion. We'll have none of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (52.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

^^^(I haven't seen The Goonies either. )

Pouring rain here, so just some chores and plenty of time to catch up on a good book and a movie or two for me.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

The back garden seems in a rush to have one more show of summer flowers before first frost.....generally mid to late November.

I've put in some cold weather color too...

Well I've got the house to myself as wife and youngest are out of town and the oldest kids away for the night. Because of the stormy weather predicted for tomorrow the communities moved trick or treat to tonight I've only had one little bunch of kids come by and I've got all this candy to get rid of.

I hope you guys are all having a good evening/day. We were all really coming together as a class last year at this time.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Sounds like my speed, Venus. It always feels good to get the chore stuff done early in the weekend.

Off I go!

How gorgeous, Mark! And it is pretty cool to think of all the growth we've each had this year. Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-30-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Likewise Conquest. I hope your little guy enjoys the movie. I've not seen it either.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am just SO proud of us... Arbor ~ you sound so good. So strong. It makes me happy.
Thank you sweet sweet Venus!

You gotta see the goonies if you haven't! That's a classic childhood movie on my end too. Think I saw it for the first time when it came out at the drive in. Don't have too many of those anymore.

Nice pics Mark! I see what my grandmother calls "Johnny jump ups."

Just sittin around watching the World Series with my wife and father in law. Relaxin...
Old 10-30-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

The middle picture would make a beautiful avatar Mark.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Conquest, the Goonies rock. Fabulous movie - a must see for every kid.

Mark, the photos of your garden flowers are beautiful - your garden is definitely the Garden of Eden.

Watching Game 3 of the World Series. Looks like the Mets have brought their A-Game tonight.

Love to all the Octsobers.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween, everyone. Have fun and be safe.