Notices

One Year & Over Part 31

Old 10-27-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Drake,
I agree with Sassy. Having had about ten MRIs over the past ten years for knee, Ears and head for vertigo, and neck and lumbar issues, I can tell you I would rather anything than the tube of small spaces and noise. My doc keeps offering a sedative beforehand. So ask your Doc if you have any concerns.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Itchy & all the overs
Old 10-27-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good night, Wolfie and Overs :-)
Old 10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Had a few people over for dinner. Made shrimp creole, red beans and rice, grits, and corn bread. Some guests wanted wine and brought some. But since I no longer drink, it took me forever to find a corkscrew! One of the small problems of sobriety.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs. Still feeling rough so it's been all work then bed.

Wolfie take care with those St. John's wort, if you're taking any medication, make sure you can mix them. They're stronger than they look!

Just caught up on all your news , everything seems to be going good.

Have a nice Wednesday.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Mags

My therapist took my email twice yesterday & hasnt sent my therapy worksheets il call her at 9am and see what has went wrong

Good morning Overs
Old 10-28-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight Overs!

Goodnight Wolf.

I read today that the Arabian areas may become lethally hot for humans because they will be too hot for sustained exposure. Ironic that they are the source of a lot of the carbon fuels causing the global warming that all of us burn as fuel for energy and transportation.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi folks quick check in

IP don't let your landlords actions get you down, he obviously has his own issues and there is nothing you can do about that other than let go the wasted frustrations and move on into your new home.

Itchy Renaissance Woman? Is that like Botticelli 's Venus? I could be a Botticelli jelly botty quite easily, all curves and boobs! Lol

Drake good luck with the MRI I've never had one so can only send positive thoughts your way.

Carlos, you work hard on your sobriety, on making yourself a better person. If your humble ego allows it, you should be proud of your achievements!!

Sassie I'm glad you told AV to hit the road, ( the Country Road I guess....... Aw c'mon guys - John Denver tribute??? )

Wolfie I love Jays so pretty, aren't they the same family as magpies though? Hate magpies. ( personally I think there are so many because they only need a black and white licence. - that's for the geriatric Britt there - no one else will get it!! )

Mags get better soon love.

FG how's things? How's that wee niece of yours doing?

Hi Dee, Zip, FBL and everyone else.

I've been finalising my third book, getting it all together, now my mom will edit it ( Lord knows what she will make of all the sex and swearing in this one!!) and my friend you all know as Gilmer, will read an critique it. - I trust her judgement.

Hugs all and Happy Hump Day!! Xx
Old 10-28-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Toots, good luck on finishing your book. I know what a relief it is when we finally put one of ours to bed.

Congrats to Venus for hitting the one-year sober mark! I hope she'll swing by here if she gets the chance.

I'm recording an interview for an internet podcast next week about one of our recent books. Should be a lot of fun.

Have a great hump-day, gang!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Itch that was my good morning post I woke up at 5.30am

Best wishes with the book Toots

Best wishes for the recording FBL

Feel better soon Mags
Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Tootsie - what! You don't like John Denver??! I love his songs :-)
Old 10-28-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to start reading Gary Zukav's the seat of the soul
Old 10-28-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

dont forget the smelling salts for mom toots
Old 10-28-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thought I'd pop into this thread and say howdy overs
Old 10-28-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I've been really struggling with loneliness lately. I really want to go back to the city sometimes. This morning I was thinking about going back for Christmas and not returning. I'm just tired of being alone all the time. And I'm just not a social person, so I'm not going to "just get out there and meet people". I'm not the type of person who will just hang around with anyone for the sake of being social. (That makes me sound awful I'm sure.) I do have friends here, but two of them live in a different town, and one is a younger guy who great but also pretty self-involved, and the other is the guy I've been "seeing" for months but he's always working and is really hard to communicate with and I barely see him. The men around here are all hopeless, I've all but given up in that department. Just pure and simple loneliness goin' on here guys.
On the plus side, I think I might start working on a book, did I mention that already? A non-fiction. Anyway, out in the country, where I don't think I'll have internet, I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands. I really hope I learn to be more self-sufficient.
Toots-congrats on finishing your third novel! (Just spent five minutes searching for the "bowing in worship" smiley. Just imagine it here. )
Itchy,, that is crazy news about the climate. You seem like you would be into this, it's a long read but interesting and worth it: How (and Why) SpaceX Will Colonize Mars - Wait But Why

Everyone else should read it too. It's about colonizing Mars!

Tomorrow is four years sober for me. Wish I had something profound to say right now. Hopefully I'm seeing the Man for dinner tomorrow, but he's cancelled the last three times because of work so I'm not getting too excited.
I'm thankful that I'm about to move to my own place in the country. I've always wanted that, dreamed of it. If I can step back from worrying about the immediate crap of my life that isn't worth worrying about, I realize that I'm stepping into my dream-life. I'm going to work really hard on appreciating that fact. Life is good.
I move this weekend.

Drake, I can imagine your guests rolling their eyes as you searched for a corkscrew. Funny. Way to go on the shrimp creole, yum.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Do your best

IP serious Congratulations on your 4 year milestone I'm sorry you feel this way but you brightened up my day with your 4 year news your writing a book idea love the sound of that and I hope your date don't let you down his loss if he does but I hope he doesn't

Il defo check out the link best wishes & prosperity with your new move & new home

Hi Pondlady & Rusty & Saskia

Just had the gas engineer round annual check everything is fine & good

prepared dinner for me mrs sw & my neice tonight: piri piri seasoned chicken, Rosemary, sweet & smoked paprika baked wedges, roast butternut squash & steamed broccoli

All housework is done floors are mopped washing is put away & the last wash is hung out

Done the hoovering the tree is losing it leaves looks quite the thing with piercing sunlight through grey & white clouds

Just finishing a cup of tea spk soon guys
Old 10-28-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, so great on 4 years sober! Don't have any profound advice on the loneliness. I've lived alone my entire adult life and I really do love it! I know that's not considered "normal", but then again I've always marched to my own beat. I think that happiness lies in following your heart, wherever that may lead.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Mags - the thing with your OH clock being set up wrong made me laugh a little

SW - so glad you spoke to that man about alcoholism!

Toots - thanks for asking about my neice... to be honest, the doctors and hospital she was being treated at said a couple of weeks ago that there was nothing more they could do.... so one option was palliative care.... fortunately a different set of doctors and hospital have come up with a different plan that might just work... so she has started a new round of chemo and we'll just have to wait and see...

I am looking after my daughter today; she took a bad fall off of her bicycle yesterday with a large bump to the head (so glad she always wears a helmet! ) and a badly skinned elbow and knee, so she is taking a couple of days off school. It has been good to spend time with her but I am sorry for the reason. Spent 3 hours at the minor injuries section of the local hospital yesterday; she got about 10 x-rays! Very fortunate that nothing was broken.

Feeling a little displaced from the world in general and therefore I am glad of a meeting this evening; hugs all round to everyone.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dinner is in the oven my neice is on her way i should of never of got up at 5.30am that was dumb I thought it was good i will sleep like a log tonight

Having a cup of tea all is good in the world
Old 10-28-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

My neice was very pleased with dinner & the shopping we got her big box of kellogs corn flakes, cheese, bread, tomatoes, 2 packet of leaf salad, spring onion, chicken thighs, bacon, ham, 2 packets of quick cook rice, 2 bags of pasta, Heinz spaghetti hoops, mushy peas, leek, onions, mushrooms, garlic, rosemary from the garden, a packet of fried crispy onions, pears

She is in her last year of university and I've told her as she has a lot of bills for a 21yr old that I will help with a weekly shop through her last year of university

I am knackered I've now been up 15 & half hours now I got a lot done & made my neice a young happy lady

It makes me feel good being able to do this she's impressed with my reading aswell

Spk soon guys