Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 3

Old 10-31-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Maximus...

Sorry to hear what you're going through. That's tuff. Good for you for not adding booze to the emotional/stressful fire. Would seem like a good escape. I'm sure you've been there, done that, though. Drinking away problems does not actually make the problems go away. In fact, how we perceive the problems, our overall outlook, is worse when hungover. Drinking to deal with issues means we need to drink 24/7.

Anyway...,keep it up. You're going to be rewarded for your efforts.

As far as finding funds to help with the dog....
Check out GOFUNDME.COM
Old 10-31-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Sydney, sounds like you're going strong. keep going friend!
Cute, nice to meet you! Wish you well on your journey!
Inc! Love your posts! (Hug)
Wolf ((((hug))))!
Juno! I am proud of you! You seem to have a good slolid plan! Excited to see your journey!
Max ((((hug-squeeze)))) I hope things get better for you. Even if you need to blow steam you know you can PM me anytime sister! I hate it that things are tough on you. Get it off your chest. It's not complaining its therapy. Let it all GO and spill it. More room out than in. It'll be good for your heart. ((Hug)) again!
Phoenix good for you! Keep adding those days!
Grizzly! You're staying busy is good seems you're doing well! Proud of you!
Heya Time2 and Totes!
Needachange and Snow hang in there!
Looking4 congrats on 13!
Beeme be strong! Have a plan, exit or otherwise! Hope it went well! Congrats on 31! That's great!
Forever! Get a better plan, old one had holes (Dee would say) you can do this! I know you can and you do too!
Stay strong y'all! I believe in you! Have a wonderful sober Saturday!
Old 10-31-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
This would usually lead me to slam back 12-18 beers. The lil voice did try to make a little noise today, but I am happy to say that I told it to shut the hell up! I won't let it ruin what I am working so hard for. Life happens and not one ounce of booze was going to change what is going on. In fact, all it would have done is possibly had me not functional to take care of my wife or kids if something happened, get to emotional about my mom instead of thinking clearly of what the next steps for medical treatment will be, and raise my anxiety tomorrow morning through the roof. So...SHUT UP lil voice! No one here wants to hear any of your BS!

Sorry if this was a little to strong for some people, but I just really needed to get this off my chest.
C23, I loved this post. How are you doing today? What is your weekend going to be like? You have a lot going on. As you say, life happens and alcohol can only, by definition, make any real life experience worse--never better. Rooting for you.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Juno, I know the feeling. My son will be 12 tomorrow, and this year he has no interest whatsoever in dressing up and trick or treating. He is totally indifferent about Halloween. I'm like oh, ok, I guess those days are over : (
So I found this very ironic: I went to this movie/book store to look for Rewired, Drunk Mom, or anything on RR. I didn't find any of the books there, but I did run into a drinking buddy. He was Drunk, smelling like booze, swaying, saying the sames things over and over like they were new again. He said, "I haven't seen you in awhile, and the liquor store still has all of your buzz balls. Where have you been?". So I say, "yeah I haven't been drinking for awhile. It was really slowing me down." And he's like, "yeah, I've slowed down on my teas, and I've been drinking more wine. Let's get out of here and go to the liquor store and get some buzz balls and sit out in the car and drink!". That's how I had met this guy and that's what we used to do- carry our big bags of booze to the car and slam some back before I'd carry on running errands and going home. So far I've not really had to decline any offers to drink because I've laid low in my free time, but I awkwardly told him no, I'm not going to do that. The conversation was over pretty quickly after that and he hurried out of the store. I'm thinking that's it for that relationship. That's fine. I saw my drunk self in him practically word for word. It was weird, I mean the drunk talk and sloppy behavior was me spot on, but I couldn't see it until i was sober. So, to sum up that long story, no books yet, but an enlightening experience.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

It's 2:18 p.m. and I'm still sober and it's Saturday. Drinking lots of tea.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Day 27. Can not believe it is a month tomorrow since my lips touched booze. Keeping strong, reading SR and NEVER forgetting what my life was like when booze was added to the equation keeps me sober. Hang in there guys it gets easier day by day.
Sober is the new black!!
Old 10-31-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening
Old 10-31-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Wow, Grizzly - that's quite an experience you had. It's amazing that drunk people (including me when I drank) say the same things over and over. Ugh, right?

I had a good day. Busy, but good. The neighborhood kids are coming fast and furiously now and it's putting me in good spirits. I hope to give out most of my candy but I usually get too much or too little, so I always end up getting too much because running out would be terrible! I bought the kind of candy the kids like but adults not so much - and they are all happy, like "Ooooh!!!" because I got a little fancy with the candy buying this year.

So it's a festive night and it's nice out the kids are happy. Just about one more hour and I can close down the shop and my dog and I get a rest.

Happy Halloween!!!

p.s. Drinking didn't even cross my mind tonight! I do remember one year when my kids were small and I took them trick or treating and brought a paper cup filled with red wine with me. I was just starting my real addictive behavior back then and didn't think it was a problem. Times have changed!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween everyone. Today I finished up 28 days sober, and 17 days without a cigarette or any type of nicotine. I'd be a little more excited, but I've been here many times before, so I need a little more sober time under my belt before I start patting myself on the back too much.

Stay strong everyone, I know that fighting the urges can be annoying, but they are just urges, and they will pass.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
Happy Halloween everyone. Today I finished up 28 days sober, and 17 days without a cigarette or any type of nicotine. I'd be a little more excited, but I've been here many times before, so I need a little more sober time under my belt before I start patting myself on the back too much.

Stay strong everyone, I know that fighting the urges can be annoying, but they are just urges, and they will pass.
Understood. But very happy for you, T2R, nevertheless.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey, guys.
I haven't been active on here really at all the last couple weeks. Soooo many people on here now! Hooray! And so many of you still hanging strong. Congrats to all of you!!!
Tomorrow is my 30 days. I know so many will not agree but wow, 30 already?! It seems like just yesterday I was newly sober, having cravings from hell and oh do unsure of myself.
And here I am - 30 days.
I made it. Onto the next 30.
Cheers!
Old 10-31-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone graduating from the month! Keep going
Old 10-31-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Today marks 14 days! So cool, had a great sober day celebrating Halloween with my kids. Wishing all of you well!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hello October Class. This month has been key for me. The month with the most sober days, but also the month with worst day of drinking ever. However, I do feel it has finally clicked, and AV doesn't yap much anymore. Quite an eye opening and difficult journey since July but glad to be at this point now. Bring it on November!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Torn ACL

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hey class,
Just stopping in to say hello. Gosh, Ive been really stressed out lately, alot of changes coming up soon to deal with. Ive also had very bad news about my beloved dog. Shes going to require surgery, which I cant afford at this time. Im strapped moneywise, and so alot of my time lately has been in trying to help her, keep her as comfortable as possible. Shes been diagnosed with a torn ccl, much like the acl humans get. Shes 70 lbs, and we have to do steps here. Its been hard, and its getting harder. She doesnt even want to go out to do her business. She was scooting across the floor a few nights ago, cant even hardly stand up. The pain is worse in the pm.

At the present time, Im so wrapped up in figuring out how Im going to fund her much needed surgery. If she doesnt get it, she will become lame. I feel guilty about not having the resources to get her that surgery. She was just diagnosed with this last pm. I have 2 weeks of meds for her, after that, I just dont know. Im doing my best.

So, Im not going to be as active in our class as I would have liked. Right now, Im spending most of my free time, on her. Trying to find other clinics that we can afford. I do have faith though, that it will all be ok. Im very happy to say, Im sober now, and can deal with this. Its really trying tho.

Then, I may be faced with other, more serious issues soon too. Im not getting sleep, I feel stressed beyond belief. But, Im still here, and I havent dropped out of our class, by any means.

So, just checking in, havent even had time to catch up on all. Sorry class, Im plugging along as best as I can. But, I will, when I can.

Sorry, didnt mean to make this post all about me, just wanted to share with whats going on. Please send prayer and good positive energy my way. Thanks class.
Max,

So sorry about your dog. Two of my dogs are yellow lab/shepherd mix, and both of those girls ended up with torn ACLs. The first one afflicted actually had both legs go out, and so I had the surgery done on one of her knees. The other one healed itself. Her sister had the same just this last year, and the meds actually did the trick.

Just saying, there is hope that the meds will work - I have seen that first hand.

My heart goes out to you, I know how hard it is to see a pet not be at 100%.

Best of luck to you and your best friend.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Most uneventful - and best - Halloween ever. Didn't dress up, didn't go out, didn't get drunk or take any drugs. Just went for a bike ride with my husband, watched scary movies, and made beef jerky.

On another topic: I know a lot of us struggle with sleep and that awful feeling of being physically jerked out of it right after dozing off. I've heard that melatonin does not work for a lot of people, but I started taking Emergen-Zzzz and, while I still wake up a couple of times a night, it's not happening every few minutes.

Congratulations to everyone on both successes and re-tries!

PS. Even though October is over, we can continue to post in here pretty much forever, right? Or does this room eventually expire?
Old 11-01-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
MLT

Day 6 today, not been too bad so far, am expecting next week to be worse. Starting to feel a bit better physically too
Old 11-01-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Two weeks without a drink, and feeling great!

So thankful for this website and this thread in particular.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

TurningLeaf, I think we can keep this October 2015 thread as long as people continue to use it. Those who want to contribute can stay together as a class and keep it going. In addition, we are all welcome to post anywhere, and find other threads that keep our interest and help us.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday its all foggy where I am