Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 5

Old 11-25-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

How's everybody doing? Got a major holiday coming up tomorrow. How's that feel?

I'm still plugging along approaching three months coming up in December. Although things have been positive and good mostly the last few weeks it's been tough at home with the baby and wife. I've entertained drinking a bit too much over the last week or so. Maybe the holiday has me anxious a bit too. I just want to throw it out there for accountability.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Arbor congrats on your upcoming 3 month milestone

Have you seen the urges & cravings links to keep nearby ?

Make a point of logging in & staying accountable tell your AV to do one
Old 11-25-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hi Arbor,

Be careful entertaining the AV or the idea of drinking. I did this for a good 7-10 days before I did it after 7 weeks sober, each time I thought about it, it became less and less shocking and more and more appealing. I knew I was going to give in, I just wanted it so much : (((( trouble was it wasn't one night of drinking, it was 4 weeks. I'm now back on day 6.

Look back at your early day posts, remind yourself how far you've come.

Take care x
Old 11-25-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks FF and SoberWolf. I wouldn't call it an urge or craving just a slight mind shift away from the positivity of sobriety. Wanting to nip this in the bud before it builds too much.

Thanks again. Might just repost this in the newcomers thread for more positive vibes.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

((Arbor)) yes, I am even feeling anxious too..I wish it were over already. People will be drinking heavily..I may show up a little bit later than normal. I am so stressed out and anxious today I can barely stand myself. I'll pray for you, you pray for me too.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Oh no Key! Please try to not be so stressed! Just eat. That's my plan for tomorrow. Also, my two kids plus my sisters two kids will keep me occupied. There literally is no time to drink anymore, anyhow. Keep us close! Message me if you need to. :hugs:
Old 11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation

I have faith you'll do all the right things Arbor - you've been down the other road enough times to know it's not where you want to be, and to know that that's not who you want to be

best recovery thanksgiving link ever:

Crying Out Now: Thanksgiving Survival Guide

Safe journeys to all travelling for Thanksgiving

D
Old 11-25-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I don't know how I miss this thread when all the action is going on. But better late than never. Arbor and KeyofC, have a great Thanksgiving weekend. Fuzzy, I think your from the UK? you have a great weekend too. I have no heavy drinkers at our house for thanksgiving so shouldn't be a problem. I'm thankful for that.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Your the best.

Nice to see you jd. Your lucky booze won't be around you tomorrow. Another thing to be grateful for!
Old 11-25-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome jd

D
Old 11-25-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

It's going to be cold and rainy here tomorrow. a bummer, as we will all be inside. If it was at least dry then I could escape for a walk when the wine comes out. Instead I will concentrate on helping my daughter with the peeps and our hostess with the dishes! Hostess mom is a retired pastry chef, OMG can that sweet lady do the desserts. Im taking pecan pies, but will be stalking the cannolis! The 16 year old wants Oreo Lasagna. Will be up at the crack of dawn putting that together. Ahh, what we do for the grands.
I believe my resolve to be sober is real. I've never spoken of it here, but till a week ago, I was smoking pot on a regular basis. Today is 8 days off it, for the first time in over 20 years. Always used the physical conditions as my excuse. For some reason, this has been easier than before. I don't know.....maybe I FINALLY care about myself. I'm on no pain killers for the RA, and tho the impending weather causes aches, twinges in my spine and neck, but nothing to make me feel the need to medicate.
You know, for me, the best part of being sober, when my peeps call and ask to come play, I'm ready and excited to see them. The autistic lovey has beaten me six games of connect four! I wish I knew how his mind worked. He can look at a maze and do it in less than 60 seconds....or pick words out of a jumble of letters. Our relationship has TRUELY changed for the better. His sister, well, we have girl power.....I'm watching her now make Turkey pictures for her Aunty that we will be having Thanksgiving with. A thank you from the 8 year old mind. You can't tell what color my fridge is, as it's covered with I love you pictures. It's all good.
My blessings are many. Thank you for helping me get here......
Old 11-25-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Heavy drinkers where I go. Start @ 10 a.m. and barrel on! I'll be ok it's just very stressful! ((Hug))!
Old 11-26-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
JD

Hang in there key. Do you have any kind of escape plan so you can get away from the drinking if is bothering you, even if it's for a short period?

3wolves, have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a nice day
Old 11-27-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hey all. Stay strong over thanksgiving. I'll be staying in and seeing the girlfriend.

I too have had thoughts of drinking, even nightmares where I wake up and realize with relief that I did not actually drink it was just a dream.

I have a lot to be grateful for but none of this is easy.

The desire to drink is remote when it appears. I cant even imagine what it would be like to drink now, the idea of the taste sickens me. I am worried about my first real hurdle, I've had bouts of stress, but one thing I'm concerned about is the possibility of a breakup between me and the girlfriend. I won't be around in this country for too much longer and we both know it so things are already getting a little frayed.

It may hit me hard.

I worked out today and had a job interview and cleaned so it was productive. Working out feels so good, gotta keep at it. I wrote this in my journal a while back

"One of the hardest parts of being sober is being responsible for your own happiness. You have little chance to give up, or let go, say **** it, spin the wheel, come what may.

No. It is you with your very real decisions versus the world."
Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

How was everybody's holiday those that celebrate? I'm still doing well and enjoyed the time off immensely sober with family.

Hope all are well!
Old 11-30-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
JD

Hello Arbor. Doing well here too. I have my parents from Santa Fe staying here for a week. They're not heavy drinkers but do have their gin and vodka drink every night. Hasn't been an issue with cravings though. Which is good. I hope everyone else is doing well also.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Still hanging in there! Stayed sober at Thanksgiving. Grandma poured me a glass of wine, came to find me, when I realized what she'd done, set the wine on a side table, told her I had just made 30 days sober. She hugged me, kissed both my cheeks, picked up the glass of wine and took it to the kitchen. Everyone knows I drink sweet tea, so that's what she returned with. The words "I'm proud of you honey" from this sweet woman was all the courage I needed. The rest of the evening was a breeze!
My grands are keeping me busy. I take them for an hour or so every evening so that my daughter can help my injured son in law shower. Maybe get a 30 minute break from all the chaos. She also works full time. I'm trying to cook dinner for us all every other night. The peeps help if they are here while I'm cooking. Again, I'm grateful to be sober and present to help. SIL has a very long road ahead of him.
We go back to court in two weeks. The 10th. The Ex was an ass at Thanksgiving. A big hairy mess of ugly. Not looking forward to it. Only a masochist would enjoy this. I am VERY low drama.....so this is stressful.
Hope all are well. Blessings all around!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

That's great 3wolves! Aren't the holidays so much better sober? We can actually enjoy them now. And remember them.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
JD

Isn't that the truth. The subject came up on what we did past thanksgivings and I had a hard time remembering them.