SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Under Club Part 49 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/377080-one-year-under-club-part-49-a.html)

KeyofC 10-15-2015 02:51 PM

Me? What are you taking about? (If you mean me?) lol

KeyofC 10-15-2015 02:52 PM

Oh I know now..sorry I forgot I posted about my family that are big triggers for me? Is that what you're talking about? I'm so confused. Lol

D122y 10-15-2015 09:04 PM

Sup team...

Just bak from a good workout.

Pretty much exhausted, but too wired to sleep for another hour.

Ate a big bowl of home made hash w cheese and cabbage. Washed it down w a big gatorade. Binging on season 5 of walking dead. Life in my new mode.

5 months ago I would have drank multiple shots of something by now...probably passed out...wake up around 2 am in withdrawal...pretty much a nightmare....

Don't miss it.

Thanks for the therapy.:grouphug:

BoozeFree 10-15-2015 09:22 PM

D122y binging on a tv show sounds much better than being passed out drunk waking up in withdrawal.

Fradly that's awesome your going to some meetings. Something I struggle with and need to do. Thanks for the motivation.

Another day of womp finished. I'm feeling frustrated with these cravings to drink. I obviously know why I shouldn't drink but feel annoyed with that AV that doesn't seem to want to go away at the moment. Hoping they will go away soon.

gleefan 10-16-2015 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by BoozeFree (Post 5601859)
I obviously know why I shouldn't drink but feel annoyed with that AV that doesn't seem to want to go away at the moment. Hoping they will go away soon.

BF - You've got to do something different if you want different results. :) Remember we are here to support you as you work through your fears, anxieties, and insecurities to go to meetings. When I went to the first meetings, I'd post here before then post again after for encouragement and support.

Dizzy - My binges looked the same way. At the time it didn't seem so bad; I rationalized that still made it to work, took care of my kids, got stuff done around the house. Now that a bit if time has passed (a little over 19 months), I can see how horrible those binges were. It took a while! I am incredibly grateful for that change of perspective.

Fradley - Great to see you sticking to the hard work. That's how my perspective eventually changed.

WWS - How's your weekend going?

Have a great day Undies!!

waywardson8260 10-16-2015 04:55 AM

Hi everybody. I plan on enjoying my day off work today. I do feel good this morning- better than usual.

BF, I am definitely at the stage where the cravings are strong too. I did have to fight them off last night as well, but I made it and waking up with no hangover is so much better!

waywardson8260 10-16-2015 05:16 AM

Thanks for asking gleefan. So far my weekend is going great!

KeyofC 10-16-2015 06:37 AM

Morning everyone! I seem to be in a thankful mood this morning. I am feeling it important to let people know how much I appreciate them..I don't see any point in stopping now. Thank you to all of you for everything you do here. It helps me tremendously to read all of your posts. You may think you're not contributing, but trust me you are, in ways you probably don't realize. Allowing us into your thought process is a major bonus for us. We all do things differently, feel things differently, etc and to see others perspective on things just allows us to put one more tool in our shed. (At least I do..never know when all else fails and you need one more thing to try)
Anyway, just feeling appreciative today and wanted to say thanks to you all on this thread for all the sharing, support, kindness, and caring you show..I am so grateful to you all! (((Hug)))!
Have a wonderful Friday and better yet weekend!

Saskia 10-16-2015 07:26 AM

Good morning, Undies!

I find that supporting others helps me at the same time. My struggles have changed a bit and are certainly less frequent but listening/responding to all of you keeps sobriety at the top of my mind - where it still needs to be right now. It feel so good to see so many succeeding.

White-knuckling only definitely didn't work for me long-term. It has taken a huge amount of internal work to get to this place. Now when I have an urge, I think back to the process I went through to be a sober person and by the time I get through thinking of all that, I only feel stronger about staying sober. Many have helped me along the way!

BoozeFree 10-16-2015 07:51 AM

Hi undies.
Off for another day in wompland.
Hope everyone has a nice day

Dee74 10-16-2015 04:36 PM

Have a great weekend everyone :)

D

tootsl1 10-17-2015 01:15 AM

Hi guys

Dizzy- no worries, our rates are cheap!

Seriously sometimes all we need to do is come here and upchuck the issues , we don't need advise we just need to write it all down to feel better. Other times of course..... :)

BeFree, use what help you can find, including AA to get past the first few months. You know it does get quieter over time, and become more manageable with more sober memories under your belt.

Key what a lovely gratitude! I have to say, I have experienced exactly the same thing here, which is why I like to pay it forward and give what I can with my new inane drivellings.

You are all doing great, have a Lovely Sober Weekend and remember you are stronger than you believe. It is worth all the hard work I promise

waywardson8260 10-17-2015 04:42 AM

Good morning. This is the last weekend I work until this rotation starts and then I work every fourth weekend after this. I know I will feel so much better after tomorrow. I had to work through some cravings on my days off but I did make it through fairly easily. So far my recovery effort is working and I'm still sober. Thanks for all of your kind words and support!

KeyofC 10-17-2015 05:26 AM

Have a great sober Saturday! I have to work until 1 then we have a get together for work this evening. Not how we plan to spend our weekend evenings, but feel obligated to go. Won't involve too much drinking, which honestly doesn't usually bother me much anyway. I just don't drink and I'm good with that..((Hug)) to y'all! :)

Saskia 10-17-2015 06:57 AM

Good morning, Undies!

WWS, you sound solid. Happy to hear your weekend schedule will improve after this one.

Key, love your attitude.

Have a lovely weekend to all.

BoozeFree 10-17-2015 07:56 AM

Hi undies.
One more day of womp to get thru today and then I finally can have the next 2 days off. That's what I said last week and had to end up womping Monday so fingers crossed that doesn't happen again.

I also found out the girl that claimed to be sick put on her social media she was hungover so I asked when I see her today that she brings a doctors note. I'm guessing I will end up having to talk to her about lying and writing online about being hungover which ended in me working her shift last week.

nyala 10-18-2015 12:16 AM

Happy Sunday everyone.

I just want to check in and stay accountable. I will not drink today.

It is now nineteen weeks since I first posted on SR. I am hugely grateful to everyone on this site and my new friends on this thread.

If all goes to plan, I will finish off jobs around the house then tuck in to finish a major project for a client. This will almost certainly see me working right through the night. I'm ready for the mental effort, just concerned about the weariness.

Very much looking forward to being the other side of it though.

I remind myself that I really enjoy what I do fit a living and this was certainly not the case when I was a well paid big shot in corporate life.

So in summary,

Fradley = poor + happy.

and happiness is true wealth.

Fradley

D122y 10-18-2015 08:34 AM

Checking in...

Been reading and posting, tv, excercise, laundry, baseball, sleep.

Life in the sober lane.

Freedom.

:tyou

Saskia 10-18-2015 09:00 AM

"Freedom" - so true!

nyala 10-18-2015 04:42 PM

Oh dear - this all-nighter is not going to plan. Nearly 2am, and I have go maybe 20% of what I need to do done.

There is an almost full bottle of chilled white wine in the fridge.

I'm pleased to say that I am more interested in the milk and chocolate that is also in there.

I think I am going to feast on those like a naughty dog and hit the sack.

Tomorrow is another day .

(OK It is tomorrow already , but you know what I mean :))

Happy Mondays Undies !

Fradley