SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Under Club Part 49 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/377080-one-year-under-club-part-49-a.html)

gleefan 10-11-2015 05:19 PM

Yay, Key! Good job!

tootsl1 10-12-2015 12:25 AM

Doesn't it feel great Key? Well done sweetie, proud of you.

Dizzy, I needed to get to the gruesome reality with hubby when I first quit so he would understand my problem was genuine and not just a case of ' well just don't drink during the week then'. That said I told him something this weekend he hadn't realised ( that I always had a secret bottle on the go in addition to the one we shared so I would drink a bottle and a half to his half ) a while later he hugged me and told me how well I was doing. It's easy for a Normie to forget how tough our journey is, and that it is ongoing. I don't feel the same cravings I did during my first year, or face the same hurdles, but I still need to maintain my vigilance and I do get the occasional 'twinge'

Have a good sober week Undies.

nyala 10-12-2015 04:04 AM

Key - thank you fur giving me the first and biggest smile of the day today.

So pleased you made it through - and with style it would seem !

Happy Monday, Undies...

waywardson8260 10-12-2015 05:09 AM

I made it through the weekend at work OK so the rest of the week should be no problem.

Today is one month sober for me now!! It has been a roller coster month for me but I see things getting much better soon. It seems that this different for me than my last effort at getting sober and it is hard to explain but I'm still 100% committed to staying sober.

Great job Key!!

Have a good day everyone!

KeyofC 10-12-2015 05:33 AM

Toots, yes it feels like no other feeling I can explain! I have a whole new perspective on the person I am supposed to be...amazing feeling!

Fradley, thank you! I am a bit colorful...Lol

WWS~~woop woop!! So proud of you, high five! :)

BoozeFree 10-12-2015 06:57 AM

Hi undies.
Just checking in before womp. I was supposed to have today off but got a text around 1AM from a kid saying he wasn't gonna be there today bc he's sick so I'm up and womping.

I stayed out late last night lobster fishing. Caught 2 smaller ones last night. Only slept about 3 hours since I wasn't planning to womp. Thankfully I have some redbull to make it thru the day.

I'll have to catch up on posts after womp. Hope everyone is doing well.

Saskia 10-12-2015 07:13 AM

Congrats on 1 month, WWS and good that you are very committed!

BF, sorry to hear you have extra womp, womp though good of you to help out another.

BixBees505 10-12-2015 07:58 AM

Hi, I'm in the Oct 2015 class, but I also love the slightly longer view ahead that this thread provides. You all are wonderful. Have a great day.

KeyofC 10-12-2015 09:39 AM

BF~lobster fishing? Sounds fun though..well worth it I'm sure!
Sas~Hey ya!
Welcome Bix! I'm into all kinds of classes...nobody minds at all where you read or post..just jump in! Lol

amp123 10-12-2015 10:32 AM

Hi Bix! Good to have someone new on board!

Well done Key on enjoying your eventos ;)

Saskia 10-12-2015 12:24 PM

Welcome, Bix!

BlueFairy 10-12-2015 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by tootsl1 (Post 5596177)
Doesn't it feel great Key? Well done sweetie, proud of you.

Dizzy, I needed to get to the gruesome reality with hubby when I first quit so he would understand my problem was genuine and not just a case of ' well just don't drink during the week then'. That said I told him something this weekend he hadn't realised ( that I always had a secret bottle on the go in addition to the one we shared so I would drink a bottle and a half to his half ) a while later he hugged me and told me how well I was doing. It's easy for a Normie to forget how tough our journey is, and that it is ongoing. I don't feel the same cravings I did during my first year, or face the same hurdles, but I still need to maintain my vigilance and I do get the occasional 'twinge'

Have a good sober week Undies.

Yeah my husband just doesn't get the enormity of it.

This week I found an AA group that meets right up the street from me that I think I'll try, even as a die hard atheist. I've heard so much from the sober recovery forums how many people are not really religiously affiliated but go and I figure- what do I have to lose. That's Thursday night. I've also been afraid to attend because I've heard alot of bad about it with success rates and such but I figure at this point I'm not having any cravings or urges to drink anyway so I don't think attending will hurt me anyway and it's real people face to face. It's not been an issue for me with cravings but as far as getting on with my life-I'm getting nowhere I'm my own. I also made an appointment for tomorrow for an anxiety therapy group. it's for people with anxiety, depression and or ocd. I've had bad depression in the past, and my anxiety is Bad right now and I have an OCD husband so--might help me lol. Work right now has improved slightly but is still bad but I'm starting to realize how stuck I am. When your husband and son rely upon you as their only insurance--you're stuck. Unless I can find another job with similar benefits. We'll see--right now I'm content to just workon myself and hope the physical stuff will improve.

site1Q84 10-12-2015 07:12 PM

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA - started a new job and it's been crazy. Good crazy, but still crazy.

Just stopping by to say hi! I try and read when I can but I don't have much time these days, but glad to see some familiar names still floating about in here! Miss you guys!

gleefan 10-12-2015 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by BlueFairy (Post 5597081)
right now I'm content to just workon myself and hope the physical stuff will improve.

Blue - I think you're absolutely on the right track with this! When I started working on myself, my life started changing.

WWS - Great job on a month sober. I see your strong resolve. I'm so happy to hear that you feel strong in it too. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

BF - Lobster fishing sounds really cool. Take good care of yourself and get to bed early. Sounds obvious, but it's something I need to remind myself when I'm up late and lacking sleep. If I don't take care of myself, my mood drops, and with defenses down, there is room for the cravings to come in.

BixBees - Welcome! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Koc - I'm glad it went well, and that you're feeling so pumped about your success over the weekend. I've found it to be a helpful practice to add those successes to my gratitude list, then share my recipe for success with others. It helps me strengthen my sobriety.

Hi Amp!

Toots and Saskia - It's always great to get that loving support from you.

I didn't want to go to AA tonight. It turns out the person sitting next to me was feeling overwhelmed from her busy schedule, too, and didn't want to be there either. I didn't feel so alone after that, and it helped me open my mind to the reading and everyone's shares which lifted my spirits. I didn't feel as overwhelmed afterwards. :)

gleefan 10-12-2015 07:28 PM

Site1 - We cross posted. Thanks for checking in. Glad all is well!

Saskia 10-13-2015 05:27 AM

Good morning, Undies! It's good to see so many of you checking in and chugging along in sobriety :-)

KeyofC 10-13-2015 05:55 AM

Hey everybody! Just checking in to shout out I am good and everythings just fine here on my little corner of the earth!
(Hug) to all of you guys! I am like Sas, so glad to see everybody just out there living! How awesome!

amp123 10-13-2015 11:17 PM

Hey guys! Just checking in! Hope you all have a great day!

tootsl1 10-14-2015 12:15 AM

Biz welcome always good to see a new face.

Site, I hope things settle down and give you breathing space.

BF, maybe you can draw up a plan for what you would like to do work wise and then look at how you can make it a reality? ( that may be naive of me, I am not in your situation,
Far fewer people are actively religious these days, I very much doubt the majority of AA members are church-goers so I feel that the religious aspect of AA no longer carries the import it was maybe intended to in its conception. That said ( and I am agnostic) there is nothing wrong in having a little faith in the fates and letting go.

BeFree I hope work went ok, little lobsters? Do you release them, eat them or keep them and feed them til they grow (À la Homer and Pinchy??)

WWS well done on getting that first month back under your belt. It's the hardest time to do after a slip, so keep up the good work!! :)

Hugs Undies x

amp123 10-14-2015 02:55 AM

I was just driving to work recalling some of my cringe/drunk moments. That's when I traditionally really beat myself up ("you are such a f**#ing #**!!*", etc) but today was different. I got to "You are such a..." and cut myself off and instead of the usual onslaught of insults I exchanged them for "better person now".

I have decided to try to make a conscious effort to stop being horrible to myself and to get my interior voice to DROP that tone! I would never use it with anyone else, after all!

Until I treat myself with some respect I can't expect that from anyone else!!

Not sure but this feels significant...

Take care all!