Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 49

Old 11-04-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Out of curiosity, I just looked back on my calendar and counted to 196 days sober! I will celebrate 200 days on Saturday. It was interesting to look back at the all the events, appointments, road trips, meetings, etc. that I was able to do sober! My exhaustion was still prevalent until just last month (5mth mark?), I forced myself to exercise and that helped alot! To this day, I wake up grateful everyday that I am hangover free. But, to tell you the truth, some days I feel hungover. It's weird. I guess I am feeling some of the symptoms of a hangover (tired, headache, foggy) but these are just the result of not eating right, not getting enough sleep, etc. I`m glad these sober hangovers have an easy fix. I mean, so does an alcohol induced hangover, but we know how hard it is to realize the fix is just to not drink!

Have a good everyone! Just checking in*....
I really am on a new path, and at every curve and hill I climb, I am discovering something new.
I'm at the same place as you Cauliflower. 200 days around the corner. I have a free app for my phone called Clean Time Counter. I'd probably have missed it otherwise.

I have felt a little overwhelmed by all the wisdom on this thread. People here know so much more than me which keeps me quiet a lot of the time. Quite different from when I started out and I still knew it all!! Hahaha! Fact that I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm not reading and learning!

I've noticed at 200 days that professionally I have turned into a work MACHINE! I'm enthusiastic, innovative, I take pride in what I do and strive to improve wherever I can. No job is too big or small. I've never felt like this about work before and it is refreshing and exciting. Maybe I'm lucky because I am my own boss so it's easier to get immersed in something that is your own project but I think it has more to do with a dense alcoholic fog lifting. I have been a (barely) functioning alcoholic for years running a (barely) functioning business. All different now. Rebranding, thinking big, doing new stuff, winning back old clients! Should have done this years ago and, of course, a lot of this I owe to SR!

Right! Off to the office then! Take care!
Old 11-04-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Congrats, Cauli!

Amp, you are amazing! I'm so happy to hear about the changes you are discovering. Being present can be painful sometimes but in my view it is so much better than being soused or hung over. I'm now feeling a sense of freedom that feels like breathing fresh and clean mountain air.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Wow a lot of great and inspirational posts since yesterday morning! Thanks for your feedback Saskia and glee.

I definitely feel like I'm on the right track now on my recovery effort- slow and steady wins the race!

In case I miss the big 200- Congrats on 196 days Cauli!

Amp- believe me when I say you have shared plenty of wisdom here that I have taken to heart! We can all learn from each others successes and setbacks on the sometimes bumpy road to recovery. Great job on your enthusiasm for work. I usually take pride in what I do but I'm far from perfect and do set some things slip because it can become overwhelming. Congratulations on tour upcoming 200 day milestone!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Thanks Wayward. I think we all let some things slip. It's only human, and when you're doing a good job the workload tends to intensify!!! One step at a time!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

((Amp)) congrats! High five!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

WWS, you are so right about learning from each other. I still like to post here - not because I feel I have lots of wisdom but instead I do it because I care about each and every one of you and I learn from all of you. My sobriety may be longer but that doesn't change the fact that I need to be mindful as much of the time as possible. You all help keep me grounded. Sometimes a specific wording or event one of you describes happens to hit me hard and that is especially helpful. All of our challenges are similar and yet all have unique features.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Yes, and I have learned a lot this year, thanks in large part to everyone here. Thanks!

I'm heading to the gym this morning and then to work. After that I have a three day weekend!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Thanks Wayward. I think we all let some things slip. It's only human, and when you're doing a good job the workload tends to intensify!!! One step at a time!
I think a better way to look is to say we have to prioritize things and focus on the most important things first. There, that sounds so much better than letting things slip.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Agreed - it's the old saying about glass half full or half empty - perhaps overworn but always true.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Yes! I'm much more about prioritising than letting things slip! Hahaha!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

So happy to see so many Undies doing so well and adding up the days. I predict soon you will count months and then years!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Well my work schedule changed again so I'm not able to go to my group therapy but it's a good thing because I'll be opening 2 more days a week, granted it's an opening and closing shift but I like those and I can still get off in time for tv and it's more hours. So the group therapist decided to take me on 1 on one for awhile. I did a psych evaluation yesterday because I'd never had one and she needed it for the insurance to pay and she diagnosed me with ptsd. I did have a lot of stuff happen to me as a kid that shouldn't have that I've never dealt with so this will probably be good. This'll be a first for me and I think it's just the right timing now, I got to know and trust her through the group sessions--couldn't hurt anyway. She liked that I was going to AA and said working the 12 steps was very similar to what they do in the group therapy so I'll give it a chance I guess. I was 6 months sober a few days ago--it seems big y'know like it's a real thing now.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months BFairy. It certainly is the real deal!!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months, BlueFairy! It never ceases to surprise me how many of us had childhood trauma.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

It does often seem to be an element in the mix. Who drinks? People who need to hide from stuff. Less said about my childhood the better :-/
Old 11-05-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Just back from work.

Battery was dieing in my truck. $150 later, new batt. The previous one lasted 5 years. That is good.

There was some discussion today about the parties we weren't invited to (all the old not cool people). It's cool, I hung out and had a great time doing the family thing. Stronger each day.

Am really getting used to what sober feels like. The cravings are there, but I never want to go back to the Hell on Earth of being a drunk and trying to dry out again. It has been horrible. I am starting to feel so norMal. It is good.

All of you helped me this far and will continue as long as I keep asking for help.

Each post written or read is a Minnie therapy session for me.

Here we can participate as much as we like. It is truly a blessing.

This site is filled with angels.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

D...
So right; Hell on earth about sums it up. And SR is a blessing! I'm with you all the way. I'm not going back.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations again BlueFairy

D
Old 11-05-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Congrats Blue!
I agree on dysfunctional childhoods. I push mine away and push it away and it'll spew out at the God awfulest moments. I have to deal with it. It's why I'm all messed up inside. I know I'm not alone.
D and Inc I ain't going back either. No way, I've came through too much. I'd almost go back smoking first and I quit that 9 years ago!
i kicked my depression to the curb. I guess I haven't been eating right, drinking enough water, resting, leaving enough of me for me at the end of the day. Enough of that. I can't live or function in that world.
Have a relaxing night! (Hug)!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Congrats Bfairy on 6 months.

I've been busy womping the past few days. Finally catching up on posts. My birthday is this Sat. No big plans. Probably just a quit night at home which is fine with me. Also as some older undies/overies remember I took a state board exam a few years ago for my profession and didn't pass. Well yesterday I decided to send in my application and paid for an online review program. It will be a month or 2 until I find out if it gets accepted. Trying to keep busy and sober.