Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 23

Old 10-08-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much to all of you for the support, encouragement and kind words. I truly could NOT do this without you all.

I think I have finally got into my thick skull just how serious and dangerous this disease can be. The next time my AV comes out of nowhere and tries to ambush me I will post here and do whatever it takes to stay away from that first drink. Because after that first drink all bets are off.

It's s beautiful summer like day here and I am so grateful to have another chance at getting this right. Praying October 7th is my final sobriety date. Thanks again for being my lifeline xoxo
Atta girl Ladybug
Just know , my posts are not meant to be nagging ones lol , I just love you so much , I don't want to you to end up where I was .

You just keep posting whatever :-)

Hugs honey xoxoxo
Old 10-09-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Atta girl Ladybug
Just know , my posts are not meant to be nagging ones lol , I just love you so much , I don't want to you to end up where I was .

You just keep posting whatever :-)

Hugs honey xoxoxo
Your posts are NEVER nagging Snooz - trust me they help me more than you know!! Thank you. I love you too!

I wonder how long it will take before I stop hating that time of day that is my "danger zone"? I felt so great all yesterday and then 5pm hit and I felt like a different person. No cravings, just sad and cranky Ugh, I know it will take time I guess. It also doesn't help that hubby has been working most evenings and, even though I have my girls, I feel so alone. I know that hasn't helped with my relapses either. Not blaming him, just starting to realize what the triggers have been.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-09-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Bob. I am enjoy 85 and sunny weather in norcali until i hope back to reality in chicago. Our cubbies won. Great series against the rival cards. A match that's great win or lose. The saying is cub fans have the lowest suicide rate because there is always next year lol

Bern thinking a lot about Casey. Maybe he full blown fell off the wagon, in jail or maybe a car wreck. My mind always defaults to the worst possible outcomes. I hope he is ok and comes back soon. I left last year after i fell of. I reread my posts. I wanted to keep drinking though. This time i dont.

Take care all
Old 10-09-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Ladybug & Let .

My triggers were the same as yours LB when hubby works the evenings , it's like a green light. When I didn't have cravings I got cranky too. When I did get cravings I was also cranky .

I just don't ever completely feel myself in the week since my last drink.
I have a yoyo feeling of wanting to drink but trying not to drink.
It's a pain in the butt

But if I can get past that first week , I start changing . I feel happier , healthier , clear headed and free from the daily drinking ritual and the mind games that go with it.

Hugs ️xxx

LET , 85 and sunny for you ! Our weather has gone troppo.
We have virtually gone from a freezing long winter into our hottest spring ever .
It's summer weather , ridiculous. I'd love to just enjoy the blossoms etc.

We've had the air conditioner on cool for the last few days , that's unheard of in October !

Casey will come back when he's ready . He's too valuable to us to stay away , whatever the reason & he knows we are the least judgemental people in the history of non judgemental people lol !

Well it's off to kips for me , I have to be up in 6 hours.
Have a great weekend everyone xx

Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Letitgo, I have a friend here I talk to who has been missing for a while. We've all been there, it's hard to not know, but still hope our friends are not in pain.

All we can do is make sure we focus on keeping strong in our own recovery, so we can help them when they return and be there for them.

As I posted earlier, I hate this disease. Prayers for all who are struggling.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm hoping it's internet or Casey being on holiday I hope if Casey does see this he knows he's my brother I miss Casey but wherever he is I hope he is ok

I had a morning from hell sorting out a mistake that wasn't my fault

it was supposed to be a long lie in as Mrs sw has a day off I or we got through it

Just had a big cup of tea feeling a bit less stressed

Have a great day evening etc Julyers
Old 10-09-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

((Big Squeezy HUG to you all))
My favorite thread on this whole site because of how good I feel reading your posts..I am totally serious...you all are so kind to each other, warm, calm, fuzzy feeling it's so nice!!!!
Got a weekend ahead of me that I hope I sail through with flying colors.
My bro in law is getting married..his second, her first so it's a huge deal (again). They are husbands family and I do love them. They are more like my family than my own family. Big drinkers. Heavy. I also have a few people in this family that a enormous triggers for me. Sis in law that just is never happy, acts like she's miserable, hates life, and for whatever reason does NOT like me. Other sis in law that I'm pretty sure is drugging and tries to act like nobody knows. When your face shows a weird look when you talk that never happened before...that could be a sign. (No she hasn't had a stroke or anything to make her face contort like that) Two of the cousins have recently been found to be addicts. One is in treatment, the other was a RN and was abusing the privilege without going into great detail and yes she did lose her job. Then ME...Lol They know I usually like a good throw down party...sloppy, lap legged, drunk...
This should be interesting.
My mother in law just cant wrap her head around the fact that No, I can't have one drink...not even a sip. She keeps on and on. God help me...
So, please pray for me...I'm going to need it. Not a good way to spend my 81 and 82 days of sobriety. If it was anybody else I would avoid it at all costs.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a plan is your husband on board ?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...val-guide.html

build a plan around triggers & have a room where you can go every now & then to take 5 and log into SR where we'll be waiting with hugs and friendship Key

It's blt time spk soon guys
Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hiya Key & Wolfy

82 days is sooooo awesome Key , I'm so proud of you.

It would be such a shame to lose that after your fantastic effort. Try some lemon , lime and bitters , or have a soft drink with ice in a champagne glass, then people won't badger you.

I have every faith in you honey. You've come too far to turn back now

You will be the one NOT having a vile hangover the next day .

It's actually more fun not drinking at these events I've found. It's also nice to actually remember stuff instead of it being a blurry haze.

Enjoy yourself lovely and stay safe
Old 10-09-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Husband is a drinker,but he knows I have my limits with his drinking. He 100% will support me for sure. In that aspect he has never let me down. We have a room at the hotel for tomorrow night so if it gets real bad, I will excuse myself and go to my room! I'll ground myself...Lol
And I'm glad to know Y'all are here if I need you! I am so glad I have you guys...thank you! ((HUG))
Old 10-09-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

PS WOLF that guide is awesome...thanks for sharing and to Dee too, thank you!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

It was D who made me think of it as he posted it in newcomers recently ahead of thanksgiving in Canada and yes its a very awesome link

I spoke to my sponsor had a excellent catch up felt good speaking to him after the morning I've had

Better yet my new books have arrived still waiting on the brene brown book but so far my new books that arrived are

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Plato - Timaeus & Critics
Change your brain change your life - Daniel Amen
The seat of the soul - Gary Zukav
Tao Te Ching - Lao - Tzu

#Awesome
Old 10-09-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Casey if you see this please let us know your ok brother

Have a nice weekend Julyers
Old 10-09-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith you'll be OK Key.

I always tried to keep my perspective...rather than

'all I have to do is NOT DRINK????!!! ...

I aimed for

'all I have to do is not drink...'

It's a finite period of time - you'll get through it

Have a good weekend too SW - and everyone

D
Old 10-09-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

You too D
Old 10-10-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Do your best

Where are the Julyers ?
Old 10-10-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I already shared with Wolfy~
I made it through the rehearsal. It was uneasy at first when the drinks were flowing heavy. I started having a little pity party. My husband was right there asking what he could do. He was there for me the whole night, my AV did speak up a couple of times but "no means no" is what I told it.
Today will be the hard day at the full blown party tonight. Lord, I hope I don't freak. I love to dance and sing and music is my drug! You have no idea. I feel music to my soul. I pray I make it through this. I'll stay close in case I need y'all I know I can come here. Thank you for your support! It means the world to me! (((Hug)))! Have a good sober Saturday!
Old 10-10-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

You can do this KeyofC!! We'll be right here if you need us. I have a feeling you'll end up having more fun than you would have had you been drinking. That's usually what I find. The anticipation is the hardest, though. Hugs!!!
Old 10-10-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Do your best

You got this Key
Old 10-10-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You got this Key
I completely agree, Key!!!!!

You are going to rock it.