Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 23

Old 10-26-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MJXNmvDvXn4

Here is one i heard a little raunchy but too funny.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hello my darling Julyers , my favourite people in the world, who I have never met yet feel such a bond with

Bob, oh wise one .... I've always said, you don't post big but when you post it's almost always a good lesson. I find myself thinking and pondering over what you said & it's almost too scary for me to allow myself to be taken back there.

The hangovers from Saturday's , dragging my sorry arse into work early Sunday morning. Dry retching , grabbing a pillow from the linen cupboard to lay on the cold floor in the disabled toilets as they were large enough for me to lay down.

Shaking, feeling ill , oh god, I can almost feel it now as I relive it.

I never want to go back there again. But I needed to remember this ugh.......
I didn't want to , but I needed to.

Let Ya know, I think you're gonna be okay. :-) as the others have said " just lean on us " we have ALL been through where you are. I have great faith in you.
For me , you are going through the hardest time in recovery , the dreaded 3 to 6 months.

Believe me when I say it truly gets better once you have weathered this storm.

Your brain starts functioning better , you will start finding a new found peace that you thought was forever elusive.

All good things will come to you when you get past this. I promise you xxxx

You are such a valued member of our class & we all want to see you survive this.. I know you will. You're such a lovely guy too. It would be a waste to have you go back to that dark place. There's NO light there , that's for sure.

Well done love and keep it up.

Casey , honey, when you post again ( which is soon we hope ) I'd love to hear if your experience was the same as mine. You know you've done it before and I know you will do it again.

When you're ready to post , you know where we are. You are missed , so get your arse back in here STAT!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I kid you not , I had such lethargy in this time. I do t know if you have that, but the constant tiredness was really getting me down.

All I wanted to do was sleep, all day every day. Dee got me to go to the docs , I was diagnosed with depression , I'd been self medicating for years.

Things started do improve , but the tiredness and lethargy never left me , for a least a year. I still have it now to a degree.

Maybe it was all those years of abuse , so why should I expect to feel normal for at least a year I suppose.

I don't know if you have any symptoms or not as sometimes this can lead to thoughts of drinking.

Personally I think you have it in the bag.

I think I'm ranting now , time for bed probably lol xxx
Old 10-26-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Venus! 1 year! Woohoo!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Congrats on a year dearest kittened one ) =^..^=

Old 10-26-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

So, I have 2 issues. A girl at work, clearly doesn't like me. We had a team meeting today, and everyone else was met with smiles and happiness when they spoke. I got the poker face any time I spoke.

I know there's an element of feeling threatened on her end, I think, because of how my role has been introduced - but quite frankly, dealing with someone else's insecurities, and playing nicey and politics around it is just the last thing I really want right now.

Secondly, This has rattled me a bit, and brought back some nagging, "oh am I pulling my weight", "am I doing my job correctly" and, the worst one, "am I going to lose my job if I don't perform" kind of old, old anxieties all at once.
I knew there were some probs with this team and some other people in the broader team I'd be working with as peers who actually haven't been performing. So it's kind of ironic all this self-doubt is now in MY head.
Sorry, I'm probably raving a bit, I just had to get it off my chest in a fashion!
I know you all can relate to the, "oh my God, they are gonna find out I'm a phony", "I don't deserve this job, I'm a slacker" feeling. I do know on a serious note, that I do need to address it, because anything like this can start us down self-sabotage talk.
So, I know I need to cut myself some slack. I've been through 2 life events that are stressful. Moving house and starting a new job. And I have to take care of my physical and mental health a little more during those times. I've been eating badly, and boy, do I notice now how that affects my mood. It's undeniable I HAVE to keep sugar out of my diet. It affects my mood, I get back into my addictive ways with food that just spirals me downwards.
Tomorrow is Day 1 of back to healthy eating. No buts about it.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hiya guys! hope everyone had a wonderful weekend

Congrats Venus...that is awesome!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hi Crois. You have definitely been through two major life events very quickly. Both moving house & a new job are right up there behind number 1 with the death of a loved one.

You have virtually answered your own questions as you were writing.
You ARE good enough. You ARE smart , you ARE capable of doing this job.
I understand the negativity and sabotage thoughts that are going through your head , but you got this job for a reason girlfriend.

One of the things that I have done wrong at work , which I regret, is not addressing issues as they came up.

I would go home , stew on it , tell myself I would sort it tomorrow, but I never did.
It would eat away at me until my stomach was in knots.

But you know what? That other person didn't give a flying f and I bet they slept well at night. Unlike myself!
Do yourself a favour and get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Don't second guess yourself sweetheart . You ARE GOOD ENOUGH
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

^^^^ Our wise Snooz is spot-on, Croiss.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Congratulations, venuscat.

One year is simply fantastic.

Way to go, kittycat.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies for your kind words and advice. I really appreciate it because I've struck 2 direct episodes of aggressiveness, both from her and another guy. This stuff doesn't happen when people are comfortable with themselves and are welcoming to new staff. I've been taken aback by it.

Snooz, I think you are right. I woke up this morning and thought that I need to do something about it. It's really disappointing, but I'm going to have to speak directly with her about it. The reality is, what she is doing is bullying - and too many people skirt on the edges of it and it is allowed to continue. Women can be the worst.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

For sure Crois. Women can be another woman's worst enemy! Instead of building each other up, we tear each other down. For what ?

I work in a hospital with a woman CEO, a woman manager, a woman health & safety manager, a woman nursing manager , a rans woman manager, the only male bosses are the hospitality& occupational therapy.

Women stew over things and by the time something is done it's usually too late. The damage is done. I refuse to be bullied anymore , which took a lot for me to do. I'm a pacifist , I hate confrontation.

But sometimes it just got too much and they saw a side to me I didn't like. This one manager made my life hell. I ended up taking her to the CEO on it as my boss ispiss weak . She got reprimanded and stood herself down after that meeting.
The CEO thought it was in her best interest as well.

I have never had issues In the 8 years I've been there & they were shocked as I had never complained about anything before, unlike some women who are up there every second day.

We speak , but it's only a good morning now and that suits me fine as I don't forget ( I can hold a grudge if I'm done wrong by) it may sound pedantic , but I choose not to have that person in my life again. They've done it once , they'll either do it again to me or someone else.

In your case Crois , I feel she is threatened by you. So she has her back up from the start. Why make friends with you if she feels the inevitable is coming for her.
She may be scared , but even so. You have to be professional in your workforce and be adults.

Having said that , sometimes it's just too bloody hard.

I NEVER knew there was so much politics in a hospital.. Brown noses are everywhere and rude people are everywhere.

All I do is go to work , smile and greet people. Chat to those I have become good friends with , love the patients & do my job. Leave at the end of the day in time always now. Then collect my pay.

Work doesn't look after you , you have to look after you.
I used to go the extra mile but you get no thanks , only get told when something is done wrong not when things have been done well and that's not good for work morale.

as soon as I leave those doors now , I think of home and leave work at the door.

It's so freeing ;-)

You will be fine. I like your directness and you always come across as intelligent ad never offensive.

Just be yourself ️xxx

I love yourself , good luck honey.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I've pulled yet ANOTHER all nighter. It's 7 am and time for sleep. Bek needed a lift to the airport at 4.30 am so Katie and I took her . Sober Katie ! She's ok today and I've had THE talk with her. it went well.

But 2 all nighters in 3 days is taking its toll on this old duck lol xxx

Luvyas xx
Old 10-26-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Do your best

Croiss, Key, Snooz, Leigh, Venus, you are the most amazing ladies I know & I'm grateful for each & every one of you

Congratulations Venus

Old 10-26-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Julyers
Old 10-26-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Sleep well, SW.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I've pulled yet ANOTHER all nighter. It's 7 am and time for sleep. Bek needed a lift to the airport at 4.30 am so Katie and I took her . Sober Katie ! She's ok today and I've had THE talk with her. it went well.

Luvyas xx
SnoozyQ,
I dont know how you have so much energy running on such little sleep.

You should bottle it and sell some they have oxygen bars and tickets to heaven.
A little SnoozyQ pick me up. Dont mind if i do
Old 10-26-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post

Luvyas xx

How DO you do it, Snooz???!!!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Congrats Venus!!!!

Old 10-26-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

on 27 months Bob!!! ♥♥

And thank you....all of you.
So, so much.