Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 23

Old 10-23-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dee. I know for sure Leshar has because we discussed it in this thread a bit about a year ago when I was journalling a lot. I loved the WFS principles, and helping to meditate on one of their tenets each day helped me a lot. From memory, I think Leshar liked then too.

Sorry Leshar, not meaning to speak for you, but know you mentioned some problems with memory and I know we both liked the Women for Sobriety approach
I think maybe I have some problems with memory too, lol - I remember now

D
Old 10-23-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
You, too, Dee.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think maybe I have some problems with memory too, lol - I remember now

D
Nah, not really....boy, you read right across this board, I only really know this thread, lol.

I do read some newcomer threads from time to time though. It feels important to keep doing that.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Me too guys our tree is starting to to turn red & the leaves are falling what I love about mother nature is on one certain day the wind blows all the leaves in nice stacks & I only collect once all the leaves fall I've picked up most this year though as I can't wait until the tree is bare the amount of birds on view will be high today & this is a first a magpie was feeding in our tree they are always around but today I caught it feeding that was cool

Hope everyone has a nice evening
This made me smile Wolfy :-)

Hello everyone xx just about to finish work & I'll check in later when I get home.

Leshar , I feel so happy when I see you post honey xx how's Tiki xx
Old 10-24-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday! Y'all are the bomb! ((Hug))!
Old 10-24-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Do your best

I am knackered waiting on going in a lovely bath

Old 10-24-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Pahahaha Wolf
Old 10-24-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Oh geez ;/ got 5 missed calls from my daughters phone at 1 am. Finally I woke and some girl called Courtney rang from Katie's phone telling me she was unconscious in the girls toilets in a nightclub& the ambulance was on its way.

I said omg is she responsive , where are her friends.
After a total stress out ,long story short , I raced into the city with her sister Bek . Her friends cancelled the ambulance . I parked right out the front whilst they carried her out to my car.

All I could be was so sad , worried , sick , scared .. Is this the life for my middle baby now :-(

She is on my couch , ok ... Vomited til there is nothing left ( thank god)
She is going to be so ill tomorrow I am dreading it for her.

She is safe . Thank God.
This is not the first time. She's only 22 but it's escalating every time .

I have to be up for work in 2 hours so will try to sleep for s bit .
Old 10-24-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Prayers for your dear Katie and for you Snoozy - many, many prayers.

(Your post brought many tears).
Old 10-24-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hello, dear Julyers.

May you know peace and serenity today

Old 10-24-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Snooz that must have been so frightening I'm so glad she's ok
Old 10-24-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Wendy, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's the very thing I fear too, that I've passed on some time bomb that ticks away.

I'd be worried too if I were you....and how hard for us not to come across as the hypocrite. Uggh. Unfortunately there is only so much we can say and do and the rest - as you well know, is up to the person concerned to figure out.

I know my first child has had problems with addiction, and I know he thinks it's ok to smoke drugs occasionally (it was more often once), but with addiction on both sides of the family, I get frustrated he can't see he's playing with fire.

I also know I worry my middle child binge drinks from time to time (she used to be anti-drinking)....and what that could lead to.

And then, I fear for my youngest. Who does not drink at all, does not see the point. Perhaps I worry for her the most, because that was me, lulled Into a false sense of security that I hated drinking so much, I started to drop my fears and believe I wouldn't be the one to get hooked.

I understand that fear, that this thing could hurt our children too. Big hugs for today, it sounds like it was a rough night, my friend.xx
Old 10-24-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I worry, too, for my children - both that I may have passed on some genetic defect and that, environmentally, exposure to my drinking may have made it 'acceptable'. We can only hope that exposure to our recoveries and experienced warnings will ring a louder bell and save them from the miseries we experienced.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Wendy - I can't imagine anything much worse than being woken by that phone call.

I'm glad Katies ok - and I'm glad she has you and her sister to support her.
And I really hope she decides that enough is enough.

I think all you guys children have a great weapon in their arsenal - someone who's been there and come out the other side

D
Old 10-24-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thanks for your support everyone. It means a lot to me. I'm having my break now and barely functioning on 2 cylinders.
I haven't slept, I was going to call in sick but the girl who ALWAYS Calls in sick beat me to the punch with some boohoo story that her partner isn't feeling well.
It's always SOMETHING! every fricken weekend .

Sorry I'm a little belligerent this morning.
I just popped over to subway and bought an egg and bacon roll for my long overdue breakky.

Popped into the Chemist next door to get the girl some hydralite ice blocks as she won't be eating anything today.

I'm so antsy being here but wanting to be home. Just think of the casual Sunday rates I keep telling myself!
Katie did this last weekend but her friends rang her Dad . He refused to pick her up so he payed for a taxi to bring her home. Omg , the driver could have done anything to her if he were that way inclined.
She was blacked out drunk.

I can't do this every weekend tho , yet as you say Crois & you make a VERY GOOD point. We don't want to be seen as Hypocrites.
I could feel my eldest daughter Bek judging me as I was getting my frustrations out with Katie.

It was unspoken , but it was there.

I don't quite know where to go from here. Katie has got herself into a cycle of drinking, being sick the following 2 days then crying for days after that with depression , remorse etc.

Bek just rang me and said Mum you need to go to Katie's Snapchat or Instagram. There are pics posted of her passed out on the toilet floor.

I've rung Katie to warn her but of course , no answer :-(
Old 10-24-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

At least with Snapchat the pics won't stay up, and she can always remove the Instagram ones later on. I think it might do her good to see them Snooz...

I don't think many parents would put up with this behaviour any longer, obviously it's very dangerous for her, and it's not fair to the rest of the family. If she is having trouble with her drinking love, you are the very best person to help her. If it was me, I would give her a few choices...and hopefully she will hear you.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hugs, Snoozy.

Can you get her friends to take down those photos?????
Old 10-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Yeah love , good point Venus !

I just remember the humiliation of doing stupid things when drunk , the messages, phone calls etc. I know you're right , but the Mummy in me just wants to protect her and spare her the humiliation.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I think they would all be sleeping off their hangovers this morning Leigh , but no harm in trying xx
Old 10-24-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Good night, Julyers.

See you tomorrow.