Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 10-21-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Mariah,....staying there sounds like it'll be the best way to protect you from more sleep deprivation. Good plan !!

You boys'll look after things at home.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

That sounds like a good idea, staying at your sons for a while. It must be exhausting but exciting at the same time.

Tops, I hope Charlie sees the light at some point. I expect your friendship means a lot to him.

I have a trainee working with me now until Christmas. I'm so used to working alone, it's weird having to talk to someone and answer lots of questions. I'm so pleased I get to work each morning with a clear head and some energy to keep going through the day. No risk of a hangover here!

The weeks nearly over, let's finish strong.
Have a great day all.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Afternoon Fools,
1.43pm,
at the desk...

Blackbird is a song written by a hard rock band Alter Bridge, comprising musos from other bands, Creed in particular. I'm not a huge fan but I studied this lead guitar piece in depth........

It's funny how music bypasses the brain and hits the soul.....

Tops: Say g'day to Charlie from me will you. He must be having a terrible time with guilt etc...! Ha, it does make me laugh though! Good old Charlie!!@!!

Dee:

Hope all are well.....

stay tuned....................
Old 10-22-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sure will mate'
Was looking at a couple of our old posts from April 2014,...and laughing about how misguided my initial impression of you was !??

( pre - John Lee Hooker connection )

A drunk classically trained Australian obo player living in Hong Kong !

I thought," wow, now,.. we've got some diversity !?!"
Old 10-22-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah that music sounds more like what I expected from you Obo

D
Old 10-22-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I like the image of Obo playing orchestral obo music. Black tie and tails, I think that's a good look. I've started listening to BBC radio 3, probably shows my age! But it's relaxing when you're stuck in traffic.

Glad to be home tonight, I'm in for an early night.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I left the job today....more than I am capable of, stressing me to the limit & hating the commute already. I know I will be letting some people down but have to do what's best for my emotional & physical well being & will trust things will work out.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure a better job situation is out there for you Mariah

D
Old 10-22-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

My 22 year old Son just came home & asked why I wasn't at work & started in on me. I told him I had to do what's best for me & no support from him. I left the house & am at the park. I want to drink but won't....just going to sit here & have a good cry
Old 10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

You make decisions for yourself, not your son, Mariah.

I'm really sorry he upset you, but hold your head up - looking after ourselves is not a usual trait for most of us when we were drinking.

There will always be support here- we understand

D
Old 10-22-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

You have to do what's right for yourself, Mariah. Trust that you've made the right decision, and move forward from here.
You'll find the right opportunity.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Do it for yourself!!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks For the support all......I know it was the right thing for me. Feeling very relieved tonight. Tomorrow is a new day & I will re-group.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Mariah, there's no point in staying in a job which makes you unhappy. Its such a waste of time to keep plugging away at something that doesn't fit just to please others, only to realise months or even years after that there was nothing stopping you from moving on. Well done for making a true decision and looking after yourself.

There will be other jobs in the pipeline. Your son will see the wisdom of this when he sees you bounce back quickly. <3
Old 10-23-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi All....have spent the day at home, cleaning, did some on line job stuff & getting ready to go to a meeting. My SIL called me this am. Making sure I was OK...she & my Bro are remodeling their house & she said she has some work for me with that, so that will be a good thing. Getting ready to head to a meeting then plan on making myself a nice dinner & watching a movie tonight. I have a feeling baby will be coming tonight!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well for mother and baby, Mariah!

Saturday morning here, - in for the Bargain.

I'm meeting up for lunch with my niece and my sister today. I haven't seen them for a while, so it will be good to catch up. I'm going to be a Great Aunt in February, so it's all a bit exciting!

After just 3 weeks of daily exercise (just 30 minutes) I feel much more energetic, it seems to be working. Yesterday, though, I spent the day with someone who had a bad cold, so I'm hoping I've not caught it. Colds are the pits. You feel horrendous but no one gives you any sympathy. Not nice at all.

Anyway, hope everyone's weekend is off to a good sober, healthy start.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been doing that too Free - with similar results

I intend to bump it up past 30 mins but it's working well for now
Old 10-24-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Way to go y'all !!

..... not doing well on that front,
Old 10-24-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

That's great Dee! Hope you're enjoying it too. I actually look forward to getting out of bed to do my workout - I never thought I'd say that!

Tops, is the cycling on the back burner for a while? I would imagine you get plenty of exercise with your building project??

It's been a lovely day here, despite the rain. Had a really good catch up with my sister and niece. Bought some fabric to make a small present for a friend (a patchwork pin cushion). I'm intending to keep busy this winter, leaving no time for any winter blues.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on the new exercise program Dee! A huge benefit in just 30 minutes,

Heading down river today to my Uncles. His daughter is here from the east coast, my cousin I have not seen in 30 years....a little luncheon get together. There is no cell service down there so gave house # to the Son & DIL to call me if there is any action on the baby front. Stopped by to see them & Grandsons after meeting last night.......cotton balls everywhere ....pretend snow & they had a good time throwing snow balls at Grandma. Read them some stories & had some snuggles.

Enjoy the Day Freein....I was looking at a couple of simple Autumn craft projects I could do with the little ones when I stay with them.

The drive to my Uncles this time of year is breath taking with the leaves in full color.....the wild & scenic Rogue River along Hell Gate Canyon. I will take some pics & post later. In for the bargain....have a good day all.