Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 10-14-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sending prayers and positive energy your way Mariah.

I could use to get rid of some mental energy ... 4am and I'm still wide awake.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can get some rest UP
Old 10-14-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning Fools,
Mariah, they wouldn't have hired you if you couldn't do this job, it just might take a bit of time to get used to it, but I am confident in your ability to do it, and do it well. Self doubt is such a saboteur, but giving into it is a choice. Going to the meeting last night was a really healthy decision, you are on the right path.
Freein, lame though I've been lately, I really like working out first thing in the morning. it really does energize you for the rest of the day, and starting your day with an accomplishment right away is so good for your self image. You're inspiring.
Obo, I hope you get your immigration stuff worked out, what a massive pain, especially considering that you don't want to be there. Hopefully you're finding some consolation in your new guitar...
I'm sorry you aren't sleeping Up. Have you ever tried a guided relaxation visualization? I'm sure there are a bunch of them on YouTube. I've never made it through more than the first few minutes of one without falling asleep.
Hi to the rest of you Fools. I hope you are doing well.
All is good here, I'm waiting for the mail, which should have some new tools I ordered in it. I can't wait to get them, and I can't start on any of my new design ideas without them. He's delivering across the street right now, so hopefully it's just a matter of minutes. Having an inspiration without the means to act on it is frustrating.
I think I'm done with outdoor vending until spring. I spent Saturday fighting 35 mph winds and pouring rain, and don't feel like doing that again until spring. I'll be vending indoors from the second weekend in November until Christmas Eve, so my time may be better spent in production between now and then anyway. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
My mail just got here, so I'm signing off now. Take care!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks for the encouragement...was a better day, chillin with Son watching movie. Will respond more to post when I gat some rest.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Adna. This time period between now and Christmas is definitely a good length of time to accomplish stuff. My goal is my overall fitness, to start the next year as a sober, healthy, and fit version of myself. I'm not going mad about it, but these morning workouts are truly energizing.

Mariah, have you had time to hit that gym near work yet?

UP, hope you sleep better tonight.

See you later.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

[

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
I'm not going mad about it, but these morning workouts are truly energizing.
They certainly sound like it Freein !

Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I've discovered a great way to save a bit of time in the morning - cold oats (rather than making hot porridge). I think this might be a common breakfast in the US, but it's new to me. I prepared it last night, with some leftover coconut milk, added raisins, then layered it over some soya yogurt. After a night in the fridge (the oats, not me!), It tastes scrumptious. The best bit is I only have one bowl to wash, and no grotty saucepan to deal with.

Friday morning, the Fools Bargain is with us again, I'm in.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I like frozen blue or mixed berries & some almonds too In the oatmeal Freein. Great going on your exercise routine too! I am not a am exerciser at a all...my body just won't do that. I have had zero energy in the evening this week too...I come home absolutely exhausted....done with week 1 of training & nothing more I would like than to slam a few, but playing that forward & know Where that would take me. We did an exercise in our training group today having to do with our personality profile...the exercise was to get together with our personality group & discuss plans for an evening out...on lady that took the lead said "I guess we all agree that drinking will be involved" ....absolutely amazing that that seemed to be up & front for all groups....definitely concerning. Later at break a lady I had told earlier in the week that she looked familiar to me came up to me & asked if I was a friend of Bills (this is code for asking if you are a member of AA) , I told her I was & she said that she has attended meeting in the town in which I live & that is where I recognize her from....she asked if I would like to get together with her once a week on our lunch & have a meeting together...I told her that would be great & was awesome to connect with someone like that in my new work place.

On my way home from work last night my oldest Son called me & asked if I could go home & pack a bag & come stay with my Grandsons as my DIL had started having contractions....I did & although they sent her home, I spent the night on the bottom bunk & am "on call" now till Baby comes...hoping it will be while I'm off now for the weekend...made my week to snuggle those little guys last night & sing them to sleep.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend bargainers

D
Old 10-16-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

What good fortune she recognized you Mariah ?!!

Exciting news about the little one coming soon !

Charlie,...the drunk who lives over my shop crashed into my brick fire pit at some point last night. Looks like Beirut,...... was kind of proud of that masonry work. I'm no mason, but built it with a curved back wall around 10 years ago,.....

After getting over the initial energy draining realization of the damage,...it occurred to me I wasn't the one in total self loathing today ,..and going forward. It could've easily been me,......so grateful to be through with the madness,.

This new work schedule is harsh,......

Freein, ....didn't you mention the 4 Agreements a while back ?
Have it on order from the library,....found something in the meantime by Russ Harris. Interesting ideas, so far ,..... Titled The Confidence Gap
Old 10-16-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hmm, I have read quite a lot lately, but I don't remember the 4 agreements. It sounds like something I'd read though. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it Obo. Sorry about the fire pit!

Mariah, what a day of ups and downs you've had! I'm glad it finished with you being with your grandsons, it kind of helps to put it all in perspective. Adding berries to oatmeal sounds lovely - I'll try to get some.

I have a few bits to pick up from town today, and then I'm meeting a friend for lunch.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Sorry Tops, just realised my mistake, I'm obviously not very sharp today, mixing up my friends!
Old 10-17-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Home in front of the fire, just waiting for dinner cook.
We're waiting for a part to fix the garage door, hopefully it will be here next week. The lawnmowers fixed, the sink is unblocked, and the utility room door is fixed. We get things done eventually

I have a long weekend, I'm off on Monday, so feeling quite happy with my lot at the moment.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Sorry Tops, just realised my mistake, I'm obviously not very sharp today, mixing up my friends!
lo.,.... no worries Free ,... I figured the morning tea hadn't been brewed.

I wish ...I had Obo's youth

..... and could scrub off a tune like him ,

Enjoy your long weekend !

Kettle's on the boil,....looks like beautiful weather here,

.... need to do something

gang,.... hope y'all are having fun this weekend
Old 10-17-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Have a good week-end TS....great to have you posting again

Enjoy your long weekend Free & the rest of the gang too

I am going to have a very lazy chill day...adding channels to ROKU.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post

I am going to have a very lazy chill day...
That's an option I hadn't considered , ...and sounding better and better !!

Old 10-17-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday Fools!
I made a very half hearted attempt to get up in time to vend at the market today, but the rain made it really easy to go back to sleep for a few more hours. I almost feel guilty about it, but only almost.
I got some really horrible news this morning about a young woman I've known since she was a toddler. She's 32 now, and has 2 small kids of her own, who have been in the custody of her mother for the last year or so because she became a heroin addict. In short, she was rushed into emergency surgery a few days back, she is paralized from the neck down(from infections from shooting up in her neck). Shes had to have some bones removed from her neck due to the massive infection, she has mrsa and cannot breath on her own or regulate her own body temperature. She cant talk, she's paralyzed and has a spinal cord injury. If she recovers, she will likely be a quadriplegic.
She's a beautiful, sensitive, and creative being, and I hate the thought of all she has lost. Opiates make so many of us feel impervious to harm, but none of us are. So ------- sad.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss Adna,
I've many reasons to be grateful these days,...... freedom from addiction, and time to nurture healthier values along the way.

Addiction seems to eventually have the potential for the grotesque.

Glad you got some good rest this morning !!

Old 10-17-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

im so sorry to head that about your friend Adna.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

There's no football.....
I hate horse racing....
Trying time of year for me....got to wait for the cricket.

Big gig coming up....3 weeks. Been trying to come up with something cool....still waiting.

Got the visa.....1 year to go.

Busy......baby happy and healthy...wicked smile like daddy.

Hi all...hope all are well.

ST?

Stay tuned...