Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 10-10-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That's a major clean, Mariah, very inspiring.

The lawnmower is half fixed, just need to order a part; the sink is half unblocked, I need a smaller plunger; the utility room door is definitely better; but the garage door needs a lot more attention. In summary, not much to show for the day!

Home maintenance is not what it's cracked up to be
Old 10-10-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Have a restful Evening Freein....you deserve it
Old 10-10-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey all-

Have been catching up on posts. Love hearing what everyone's up to.

I'm hanging in! Everything's going well- can't complain.

Think of you all often ❤️.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Izzy....Glad to see you post & to know you are doing well. Busy time of the year for you I am sure!

Busy day here & getting comfy here for the night. Too tired to post much tonight...have a good Sunday all.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Freein ,
Halfway is progress !! ...keep on pushin' forward !

Y'all have a small plumber's snake for the sink trap ? Love your idea of a miniature plunger !?!

I've read the French eat them slippery customers ,...is that really ,...true ?!

Mariah, ...you're wearing me out with all the deep cleaning,.... I've managed to barely "spot" clean (even my kitchen ). no mopping ,..just sweeping the dang floors , ..

Living alone apparently has it's downside.

Izzy, ... glad to hear it. I think of you and your family often.
I'm too tired to write about it, but there was a wonderful few moments tonight at the resort with a lady I nicknamed "grumpy britches" and the sweetest woman in the world ,..named Juanita Tatum . She and her husband Elmer are from Virginia.

Elmer Tatum,

...just stare at that name a while ,....

it's better than any story.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry, Tops, you need to give me a clue ? Elmer Tatum? Please, I'm feeling I'm missing something.

I'm back on track with my fitness regime. Just need to keep up the momentum.

Mariah, good luck for tomorrow at work, hope it goes really well.

Btw, the French do indeed enjoy eating snails, eek!

Hope everyone's weekend has gone well.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Snails- yum- as long as it's in escargot form(with lots of butter), sounds good to me.

Tops- you always know how to make me smile! And I love your stories ...

All this talk about cleaning ... I've got a lot of that to do! Yep, Mariah- it is a super busy time of year and I'm just a little overwhelmed. Feels like no matter how hard I work, I'm never getting it all done ...

Wah, poor me! It's all good ... Just need to simplify ... Or somethin' .

Hope everyone had a great weekend .
Old 10-11-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Oh Man Izzy, I can relate to simplifying things....I can't believe I' e been out of work for 3 months now & wait till 3 days befor I start work to deep clean & organize things. TOO MUCH STUFF!! I am backing off for today & going to make it a goal on weekends to spend 2 hrs purging things...ridiculous.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

How did your day go Mariah? Hope all went well (did you start your new job today?)

Izzy, you have more adventurous tastes in food than I do!

I'm back on track with my exercise and healthy eating plans. I feel great just knowing that I've made the decision to take better care of my body. I'll be doing a half hour workout before work in the mornings. I need to wake up a bit earlier than normal, but I think I'll be able to do that ok.

I'm hoping to improve my energy levels over the next few months. Exercise should help.

It's been a beautiful Autumn day here, managed to sit outside in the sun at lunch time for a 20 minute meditation. Lovely.

Hope everyone's had a good day too.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Oh Man Izzy, I can relate to simplifying things....I can't believe I' e been out of work for 3 months now & wait till 3 days befor I start work to deep clean & organize things. TOO MUCH STUFF!! I am backing off for today & going to make it a goal on weekends to spend 2 hrs purging things...ridiculous.

Mariah, ....It seems more like you're hitting a grand slam in the 6th game of a playoff series !! Awesome job !!

Freein,.... Elmer Tatum, is almost too.. perfect for a character in a southern short story .
Elmer was always fishin' with a cane pole as a kid , his friends called him ..."Tater" before he left for the war effort.
That sort of thing. The way his wife Juanita said his name with her southern drawl from the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia was ,...well, priceless. Love it when reality trumps fiction,.... like that !?!

A bit like our group of fools ,...sober. And gettin' fit !

I went out for two short ( very very short ) rides Sat. and Sun,.
Broke out the chainsaw to take four dying branches off a big oak just outside the kitchen this afternoon before work. Was lucky to have Charlie spot me on the extension ladder. He helped a great deal taking out a fast growing 50 ft tree growing next to that old oak,.. stealing light. Charlie is younger and stronger than me , and he ties off with a 5 point safety harness when he's working high. The grape vine was hanging everything up there after being cut. It took several times,...but we eventually pulled it all down with a long rope tied to the trailer hitch. I'm so..oooo worn out right now !
...but in a good way.

Thanks for the motivation y'all !!

Dee,...I've thought 40 times recently about the quote you had a while back, ...the one about;'' everything's going to be alright in the end "

Thanks man,..
Old 10-12-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

anytime Top

D
Old 10-12-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow TS....that sounds like a big job.....enjoy the extra sunlight

Great going on the exercise & healthy eating Free...I've been doing pretty good on mine too & def feel better eating well...as far as more energy, I don't seem to have that.
Too exhausted to write much tonight...first day was OK....a lot to learn in the next 6 weeks & today was spent Down loading programs we need with all the expected tech difficulties & basic info....don't come to work with your T & A hanging out stuff. Was pretty driving over as the sun was coming up & Infound some relaxation CDs in my room yesterday & popped one in for the drive...I think it will be a perfect time for me to do my meditation, only with my eyes Open have you followed up with your Doc UP....how are you doing? Thinking of you
Old 10-12-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I see what you mean Tops, that is a great name. Btw, I think tying yourself to the tree is a good idea at that height - so long as you don't tie yourself to the bit you're chopping off, that would just be embarrassing

I've just done half hour strength training, hoping it will set me up for the day rather than tire me out. I'm aching all over from my last few workouts, but my body's getting stronger day by day.

The suns not up yet, it's lovely and quiet, I love to hear the first black bird sing in the mornings.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Over stayed visa.
In trouble with the Immigration office now too....
Ha....I dont even want to be here....

Pilates class tomorrow. New teacher.
Pretty good class.

Fenders a beauty....

stay tuned......
Old 10-13-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Only the depth that varies, hey Obo?

D
Old 10-13-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

too right Dee....
same, same but different!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hope you can extend your visa easily Obo, I know these things can be a bit arduous sometimes. What a nuisance.

It's been a fairly good day here, had some positive feedback about a recent project I've been involved with, which lifted my spirits.

The workout I did this morning made such a difference to my energy levels, in a good way. It felt like I'd achieved something even before getting to work. Definitely want to carryon with this routine.

Have a great rest of the day all.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Stressful 2nd day today...that little guy that sits on my shoulder saying...you can't do this, your not capable....wanted to drink....went to. women's meeting, talked about it....home & sober. Tomorrows a new day....need some prayers & positive energy my way.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

That guy tells lies Mariah

D
Old 10-13-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

This could be a big victory for you, Mariah! When the AV is calling, it's a sign that you have reached another decision point, deciding not to drink will be another nail in the AV' s coffin (deciding to drink, I believe, will only strengthen that monster). We're learning new strategies to combat these feelings. By choosing to go to the woman's meeting you've shown your strength.

You're doing a great job. Just started in your new job, you're bound to feel a little lost, that's just natural.

Mariah, you are perfectly you, that's all you need to be.

Love floating across the big pond from me!