Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 12-27-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Freein, ...you are right about making the templates out of the old sheets ,.....brilliant !

" How hard can it be "

That's the pioneering spirit !!!!

Pioneers always find out , too .
Old 12-28-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thanks Tops, that made me smile.

I'm basically trying to keep busy. Having so much time off over Christmas might not have been such a great idea. I don't feel rested at all.

Hoping to go for a walk this morning before our next visitors arrive. The fresh air will do us good. Just have to make up their beds first.

I've had a new contraption for Christmas, it's a nutri-ninja. A type of blender that can liquidise fruits and veg, to make green smoothies. I'm still getting used to it, so the results aren't terribly palatable yet, but I think once I get the ingredients right it will help a lot with my nutrition. Plus, it is great fun experimenting.

Have a great day all.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I hope you will have a couple of days to rest before you go back to work Freein. The nutrition ninja should be great for the healthy lifestyle your embrassi g. My Son bought me something like it last Christmas but it has t been working so was happy to get another one from him this year!

I'm feeling really agitated this evening....was out visiting out of town relatives this afternoon & came home to Sons completely rearranging my living room. I calmly told them I was leaving & if I didn't like what they did I was changing it back. I'm home & they are still at it...they asked that I try it for 2 weeks & if I didn't like it, they would change things back. I know that they will soon not be around here anymore (I'm dreading that day) so will just go with the flow for now. I'm hold up in my room while they finish. Who moves furniture around & doesn't vacuum underneath it?????
Old 12-28-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

oh boy , ...."expired web page "
what the heck ? ...lost another one , heehhahehe

Mariah ....it's early,..... they're really strong,.... quick ,,.....grab the dang vacuum !!!

Freein,....how was it ,....not too good here. Danny Brown woke me early ,.....he's on another binge !! I'm draggin' *ss tonight with three hours sleep last night. Thankfully my weekend starts in 4 hours !!

Charlie might possibly be sober though ,...haven't seen him in 11 days (since I got back in town ) He probably picked up a bad vibe from me before I left.

Hope everyone in our class has a sober and clean NY !
Old 12-29-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

We have the house to ourselves once again, sitting by the fire waiting for dinner cook.

Hope the house is looking good Mariah. When I was a teenager I used to like to rearrange furniture too. One night I went to bed with the wardrobe in the middle of room, somehow it toppled over during the night and smashed straight through the bedroom door - my parents were less than impressed!

Tops, hopefully your weekend has started by now. I hope things will be patched up with Charlie soon, it's good to hear he might be sober.

Getting used to my Ninja. I'll buy some more ingredients tomorrow. Any suggestions Mariah?
Old 12-29-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I've been buying a V8 healthy greens (individual servings by the case) throw one of those in the blender with frozen mixed berries & a scoop of protein powder. If you like bananas, cut up into bite sizes & lay out on parchment paper in freezer & throw some in blender. My niece was telling me yesterday that she makes a vegetable blend & freezes in ice cube trays & throws in kids smoothies....I will find out specifics of that & let you know!

Teen Son is out of school for winter break & we will be taking my Niece & Nephew to outdoor ice skating rink this afternoon! they have never been ice skating....I do not skate but might give it a whirl today I used to take my boys every winter break & it has been awhile, & am excited to be going!

Hope things are well with you Obo...let us know how the Holiday is going for you.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nieces suggestion: I buy a big bag of greens and steam them in a big stock pot. Then I pour the liquid and the veggies in the blender and purée it. If it's too thick I add a little more water. When it's pourable, I pour it into ice cube trays and freeze it. When they're frozen I pop them out (have to use a butter knife) and put them in a ziplock Baggie in the freezer. Sometimes I'll steam a batch of carrots or broccoli separately and then blend them and mix them together before I freeze. We use them all the time! I'll even drop them into soups or pasta sauce to sneak in more veggies
Old 12-29-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

They're great suggestions, thank you Mariah. I'd not thought of freezing banana peices. I'll give it a try.
I had a mix of celery, carrot and Apple today - it tasted quite nice actually. Tomorrow I'll pick up the courage to add a bit of broccoli.

Hope you have a great time ice skating, sounds great fun!
Old 12-29-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Great story Freein !

Mariah,... I freeze bananas also
,...... for thick blended drinks ( or thinner,..for banana milk )
It's been fun to experiment adding smaller and smaller amounts of berries and / or melon for variation. I was surprised how a little goes a long way !

I'm lazy with the prep though, ...I just break up the banana into pieces by hand and throw them in grocery bags ,... twist and fold . Each bag holds enough ,so I can give it a smack on the counter top to dislodge them ,....add a little water, blend and presto !
Ripe ones are always sweeter,...and naturally discounted at the store. Not letting them stay in the freezer more than a few days helps avoid freezer burn.

Y'alls ninjas may be so powerful, it might blend up something similar to soft serve ice cream. What fun !?!

I've had luck stirring in nuts and berries ( after ) blending and freezing them in glass 2 cup Pyrex with plastic lids,......they work to keep a picnic lunch cool and are great deserts once they begin to thaw a little. All stored in a cooler, of course. Picnics are mandatory in boats ,...or any excursion ,..come to think of it !

Obo, ...how's everything going mate ?
Old 12-29-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is doing well today

D
Old 12-30-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I'm getting my bananas today, thanks for all those tips Topspin.

All's well here, Dee, thanks. Hope you had a lovely Christmas

Just New Years to go, then I'm out of the woods as far as booze in the house is concerned. I'm looking forward to a dry house again.

I had a lovely hand made "bullet journal" from my niece this year - it's a place to jot down positive things each day. It's such a beautiful present, I can't wait until Jan 1ST to start filling it in, so I'm starting today. It'll be a place to keep track of my goals. Being a bit on the nerdy side, I want to get a head start on them!

Hope everyone's day is going well.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry I haven't been posting. Things seem to be going from worse to ... whatever is below rock bottom.

I thought I better check in here. I'm ready to just give in and go get stoned.
I know that it won't solve anything but, it might free my mind for a little while.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it will do the opposite honestly, UP.
Why stop posting here if you need support more than ever?

whatever is going on I promise there's a solution besides using or drinking.

D
Old 12-30-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets make 2016 the best year yet.
Year long bargain - who's in?

D
Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm in Dee�� I want this to be my sober year above all things!

I agree with Dee Up seems like you can use the support here? I think this is a very safe place for you to talk about what your situation is, maybe we can better support you?? Getting high will definitely not help whatever the situation is, I know you know that. You can always PM too. Glad you posted

I have Niece & Nephew again tonight plus another little one. 730 am dentist appt...
Old 12-30-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well, still clean.
I'm not going anywhere tonight. I'll just lie in bed and hopefully my mind will let me sleep.

I'm not promising a year out when I don't know if I can keep that promise tomorrow much less next week or next month.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't trying to tick you off, Up

Like I said, drinking's and drugging's not a solution. There must be other solutions.

You might have to do a little looking, but I hope you find them in 2016, man .

D
Old 12-30-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You didn't tick me off Dee, sorry if I came across that way.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

UP, I'm glad you posted. It really does help to keep in touch with SR. You've come such a long way by staying clean for so long.

I hope you keep posting, we all have experiences and thoughts which can help each other in times of difficulty.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries Up

D