Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-02-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Glad to see you all today
Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Me too glad to see you JL and everyone else too!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober weekend gang

D
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Glad to see you are all here.
Troy...thanks for the shout out...I was wondering where you were as well?
The basement is better than I thought after all of the rain today. Not supposed to stop before the end of the weekend though...

Keep posting and stay close everyone...xo
Old 10-02-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I think I'm going to have a nice long shower, make a cup of tea and waste my time on Pinterest I think working of something crafty this weekend is going to help with my anxiety. Maybe some Fall decorations. It still feels weird to try and be creative while sober...we'll see.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Hey class. Just checking in before the Friday chat meeting. The meetings really help me. I have not shared anything yet (I just show up) but having them twice a week keeps me accountable, along with the 24 hour thread.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 7 coming to a close.
Troy, I can relate to the outsider feeling, seeing others laughing, holding hands, what have you. I am trying out feeling happy for them, and the notion that if they have love and happiness then it's out there somewhere for me too. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but I will find romantic love again! Maybe that kind of attitude will help you deal in the short term. Even if it's hard, I'm glad you are getting out and about for some of the day. And give yourself time to heal, the emotions might be unstable for a bit. Just roll with it, know it will pass eventually!
Old 10-02-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hello Augustables, I'm off to bed but just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful and sober weekend.
I'm doing all right, enjoying the cooler and wetter weather. I love fall, so it's all great. Not sure if I will get to hike this weekend. My friend has some kind of an event to attend. I may go by myself on Sunday if I feel like it.
My AV quieted down a bit. I notice that it gets particularly loud and obnoxious when I suffer from PMS. Otherwise it's pretty easy to control. Have any of you ladies noticed that too?
Old 10-02-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I lost count of how many times I've relapsed during PMS. AV goes completely crazy during those days. I'm saving up to see a naturopathic doctor.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

JL, if I remember correctly, a little while ago your little guy was 6? If you posted about it, I must have missed it due to binging / detox, and apologies. Nonetheless, if he recently had a birthday, hope it was a good one! Either that, or he was always 7, and my memory is shot.

Sadie, ouch, sounds like a rough hangover. Hope it's starting to wear off, and you're beginning to feel better now.

kittycat, yeah I think "waking up" in early sobriety can bring about different realizations, eh? It's a good thing though, let's us know we're alive again. Still saddens / angers me that I allowed my life to go down that path, but can't change the past. Can only define the future.

I didn't do anything myself today, as I didn't have any water starting this morning, and didn't want to go into town as the stinky white guy. Then I realized my water probably got cut off a week ago, and I just didn't realize because my tank was full. All because I was too lazy to go into town and wait 20 mins in line to pay a whopping $5 bill (water here is cheap).

I paid it yesterday, so not sure why the lady didn't tell me my water was off. Will take care of it Monday. My next door neighbor who I barely know helped me out, and let me partially fill up my tank with his water. Nice guy. Wouldn't accept any money, so guess I'll make a nice dinner tomorrow, and give him a tupperware of it to say thanks.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

BTW... where did benice and bexxed go?
Old 10-03-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Happy Saturday! I'm enjoying my day off right now with my husband and adult kids. We've been laughing and laughing. I love coffee and white powdered donuts! Not much planned today but cleaning the house real good. My Mom is coming to visit tomorrow. We don't have a close relationship, never have. My oldest kiddo is 24 and youngest is 17 and she's babysat for me one time in the year 2000. I wish things were different but they're not and never will be as time runs out on is. I have came to peace that the failure of this relationship is due to her inability to love and her bipolar/manic depressive behavior. I have learned to spend the time she allows me to, they are few and far in between and so special to me. My husbands bday is Monday so I'm sure dinner will be in order to celebrate! Other than that just enjoying each minute the good Lord allows me to be here on earth. ((Hug))!!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
Hey class. Just checking in before the Friday chat meeting. The meetings really help me. I have not shared anything yet (I just show up) but having them twice a week keeps me accountable, along with the 24 hour thread.
Vanaprastha will you tell me how to attend the chat meetings? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-03-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I have been thinking of the chats as well?
Old 10-03-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Vanaprastha will you tell me how to attend the chat meetings? Thanks in advance!
Click the "Chat Room" link at the top of the page (on the right, next to "Log Out") -- this should take you to the chat room. Once there, you will be in "Recovery Connections" -- type "/join MeetingRoom" to go to the meeting room.

The meetings are on Tuesday and Friday at 9 PM EST. At other times there are sometimes people in the Recovery Connections room who want to chat.

Here is more information: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-meeting.html
Old 10-03-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I lost count of how many times I've relapsed during PMS. AV goes completely crazy during those days. I'm saving up to see a naturopathic doctor.
Glad I'm not the only one! Sometimes I think I'm going crazy...

Hang in there Patricia, it's not easy when our bodies conspire against us but it can be done!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Feeling a little better today. I went shopping for Halloween decorations I spent too much though. I need to stop with this excuse that it's better to spend on ______ than on booze! I'm going to go broke! lol

My boy is happy though. I didn't buy anything too scary, he's only 8. The house looks festive and smells nice, and I feel good

I still don't know what I'm going to do tonight. Maybe a movie or a book. I want to do something relaxing, I'm still dealing with the bad dreams. I hope I can sleep better tonight.

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-03-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great night everyone

D
Old 10-03-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Going to visit mother tomorrow...wish me luck.please! Thank you

"if we don't change, we don't grow. if we don't grow, we aren't really living"~Gail Sheehy
Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Just a quick check in. Glad everyone is hanging in there.

PMSing is hard for me too; I get irritable and eat lots of sweets which I then feel guilty about and eat more and the self-loathing eating cycle ends up translating to "I don't care about myself bc I'm not worth it so I may as well drink and numb the negative feelings." Not good! It does help to stay vigilant about what PMS feelings do to you so you can prepare for when they hit.

I hope you all have a peaceful evening!
Old 10-04-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning angd tables,

Checking in on another rainy, windy Sunday. Basement has not gotten any more water and trying to dry ho from the other day.

Caliope...good luck with your is it with mom. I had a rough relationship with my alcoholic mom . All you can do is tryout best. I'm thinking of you xo

Patricia, I too, am a big shopper. Actually when I drank I spent more money besides on booze. I justified my unhappiness with"I deserve nice things" and drank too. I'm still paying off credit cards from 10 years ago. I think you mentioned about crafting??? I am a big crafter. I do lots of different things. I have to say that alwYs helps keeping my mind and time occupied and away from drinks. Find something you may like and craft something. It helps me a lot.

Have a sober Sunday all xo