Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-26-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Clownbaby! Today is two months for me.

I'm doing a little better today. Sometimes I find with depression I just have to let it have its head for a day and then I am more functional. Still having pain in my stomach, which is annoying.

Tomorrow I am going to get bloodwork done for my endoscopy and then I am going to drive about an hour to take a look at a horse that is for sale. I won't be buying just yet but, if I like him, I will talk with my trainer about him and, if she likes him too, I'll make an offer. Hoping to get some video of the owner riding so she can take a look. If he seems docile enough, I might ride him myself. We'll see.

Other than that, I'm just trying to get back into the swing of the workday at home thing. Been lazy for a little bit and it's not helping me much, but I have lots of work now so I can't really put off working this week. It must be done!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Got back from visiting colleges with my husband and youngest son. I did catch up on posts when I got back.

Sorry to hear if those struggling but sooo happy you all continued to post here. This is such a great support system and we are all here for each other.

JL...that sounds like quite an ordeal . Glad you got your car back and are ask home with your family..that's nuts!!!

Have a great day augustables!!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hey Retread congrats to you too! That's awesome too!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Morning all! I'm doing just great with nothing out of the ordinary to report. My trucker is out if town expect him back Wednesday. Hate it when he's gone. I'm high maintenance emotionally so I miss him so much when he's gone.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing better retread.
Ugh insomnia from the jet lag! I've been up half the night. I'll be so tired in AM
No matter how I feel, it will beat any hangover so grateful I never have to be hungover again.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I'm going to try to focus on positive, this week, to get fired up for Halloween with the little men.
By 1am the 7 yr old was in bed with us. Wiggle worm , bad !
Work is work and I just have one those jobs that's "just a job". Chilly rainy morning. Day 1 of 4.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Need to gripe about work more on here !!
Got a raise today. Still a pittance, but every nickel is blessing.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Need to gripe about work more on here !!
Got a raise today. Still a pittance, but every nickel is blessing.
JL, recently I added up how much I spent on wine at the store, or dinners out. It was a revelation, holy guacamole! I definitely notice it in my bank account. Proud of you getting through that stressful weekend.

Retread, glad you are better and going to look at a horse. Animals give us so much unconditional love. I can't wait to add species at some point. (Dog, chickens, pig) my hubs wants a pet goat too. That's where I draw the line.

Congrats clownbaby! Kitty, hope u sleep soon!

Stay strong yall.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Way to go Retread!!! WOOT!!!! Hope you feel better soon. Maybe it will help if you make something (anything) when you are feeling down.... It works for me. Even if it doesn't turn out right, the process is distracting and it fosters a new motivation to try again!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 10-27-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Another day of awful anxiety Feeling a bit depressed too. But I gotta keep the faith. These horrible feelings are not gonna last, maybe it's the full moon, maybe it's just my brain healing...whatever it is is not gonna last right?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

It won't last. Don't let it. Try to pull out of it. It's hard but try. I'm praying for you (hug)
Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

It will not last Patricia! Hang in there, us anxious types have to be ever thoughtful that alcohol makes it worse. We have tested that out tooooo many times right?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=JL2014;5616661]I'm going to try to focus on positive, this week, to get fired up for Halloween with the little men.
By 1am the 7 yr old was in bed with us. Wiggle worm , bad !
Work is work and I just have one those jobs that's "just a job". Chilly rainy morning. Day

What are you little men going to be for Halloween?
Old 10-27-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

7 yr old -Rocket Racoon
2.5- Batman
Should be a blast, I hope !

Patricia,
It will not last. That's one thing Dee has managed to convince me. It does go away, or lessen to a point where at least you can be distracted from it. I have force myself to alternate treadmill and push-ups in the evenings for 15 minutes while listening to Joyce Meyer or Joel osteen or something to that effect. Anxiety and all sorts of nasty things run in both sides of my family, so it's always there as soon as I want to acknowledge it. Some days I do good. Some days I could chew on a cinderblock til my teeth all crunched out.
I hear you --
Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Nope, it won't last. I only feels like it will never end while you're dealing with it, but it really will pass.

Doing okay today, mood wise. My stomach still hurts and I now have myself fairly convinced that I must have an ulcer. The reason I think this is that I seem to get relief as and just after eating. When my stomach is empty, it hurts.

I went out to look at a horse today and, when I came home, I decided that I'm tired of having my stomach hurt all the time so I took one of the industrial strength pain-killers I'd gotten for the pancreatitis. For the first time in several days I actually managed to string several pain-free hours together. Bliss!

On the fence about this horse. He's really pretty and flashy and he rides well but the person selling him said he had a "bad reputation" that she's yet to see evidence of. She lets her 12 year old ride him. He seemed pretty good to me, but I'm pretty inexperienced. Didn't enjoy riding him as much as I wanted to due to the stomach pain. I really can't wait for my endoscopy appointment. Never thought I'd say that. I just want to know what's going on in there so we can get it fixed.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Patricia, the anxiety will pass. Takes time and is often triggered on and off by other things in life.

Retread...hope you are feeling better. When is your appt ?

JL.. I miss those days of Halloween when my kids were little. Now they are way bigger, get into trouble and wear inappropriate costumes...drives mr crazy. Being on a Saturday this year will add to the drama. They are even older so maybe they have outgrown it? I can hope? Enjoy the day!!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone xo
Old 10-28-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Morning all! Looks like a tough day at work. Already had one girl call in, emergency with her Mom. Trying to be more positive: at least I have a girl on new accounts and I can have her pull a teller drawer through lunches. I've worked through worse and the girl I trained is awesome! We can handle it. What's 8 hours?
Hope everyone has a nice hump day! It's just pouring buckets of rain here.. ��
Positive side of this: I guess it's the natural way to wash away the dirt and grime. Sounds pretty good to me. Have a wonderful day (hug)!
Patricia hope you are doing ok. Please check in.
Retread hope the doc can find you some relief.
Hey, Lovehoops, Jl, Sadie, Clownb, Kitty!
Hope the others that are being quiet are doing well too!

Today is my 100 days!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Wow ! 100 days is awesome. Good job, Key !
Old 10-28-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

100 days key?!!!

Way to go!!!!! Awesome! You should do something to celebrate, even if it's just picking up a special coffee or dessert.....
Old 10-28-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Winter has hit the mountains here in Colorado. I am so not ready for this. Sigh.