Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

So glad you dumped it out Patricia. I'm sorry you are so anxious. Can you get out for a walk or anything for some peace and quiet???! If you can't tell exercise is my mantra today....
Old 10-25-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
So glad you dumped it out Patricia. I'm sorry you are so anxious. Can you get out for a walk or anything for some peace and quiet???! If you can't tell exercise is my mantra today....
I went for a walk twice, didn't help. I was reading my journal...my last two slips were around the same time, last week of the month. It's gotta be my hormones. I have 3 weeks of good days where I can cope with the stress, deal with the cravings, everything is under control...and then one week where everything goes to hell...I can't control my feelings and end up having a meltdown and a few drinks.

I got a few tests done and everything looks normal, but I don't feel normal! I always slip at the same time of the month...I don't know what to do...
Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you that are having problems right now. Depression sucks. Giving in to your AV sucks. Starting at day 1 again sucks. It all add into how you feel about yourself.
Everyone else I hope is doing well. I had a calm, relaxing weekend. My Mom came out. I always worry when she does. We aren't close and never have been. I have had a lot of issues with her and my Dad and how I was treated and made to feel like neither of them ever wanted me. I am sure it all adds into all the things I feel are wrong in my life, but over the years I have sorted through all the junk they left me with and am learning to cope with it and move on. Although it involved me to every inch of it...it had nothing to do with me. I just got left with all the baggage, lucky me.
Just glad our visit went good. Thank God for my husband, he is my rock.
Hope you all have a good Monday! Be strong. Get back up, start again.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hey all, Patricia, Retread, hope you feel better today. Wonder what's going on with us? Woke up drenched in sweat and panic, fatigue, headache just like detox again. Might be PAWS, idk. Or I'm coming down with something. I am being vigilant because most of my slips occur early during the work week. Right now the taste of wine seems repellent to me, so that's a good thing.

My friend into astrology says there is something going on with planets affecting certain signs in a big way. I don't know much about that. My cats are really acting up too, and I think 2 more need to go to vet. I have one with a cleft nose and lip, she is prone to sinus problems.

Key, glad your visit with mom went well. Kitty, are you straight back to work after your trip? Bekind, benice, JL, BBG. Kelly, hope you are doing well.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I'm not feeling great either Sadie. Anxiety is awful today
Old 10-26-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm not feeling great either Sadie. Anxiety is awful today
Uggh! Sorry! I relented to emergency benzo and
cutting down caffeine, will see how that goes.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi guys, day 3. I'm back to work. Really struggling with jet lag this afternoon. I wish I could bail on work early but doubt I can. I'll make it.
Sorry for others struggling. Take it from me, drinking is not worth it! Stay strong and get through this without booze!
Old 10-26-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hey all !
Gotta catch up on posts. Been trying to chill out, had my phone on charge and just left it. Really bothered me having to deal with this past. I don't think my wife's shingles medicine is helping. Don't know for sure, but I bet her nerves don't help. I hear that on depression feelings ! Going and watching drug deals go down and stealing back my own vehicle, has been very surreal in an unpleasant way. Feel kinda crazy. Whew that place and that kind of life seemed so bonkers to me.
Didn't drink anymore, but I'm pretty fizzed out because of stress I guess. In line at elementary school to pick up my 7 yr old.
God I'm glad to live in the mountains. Or at any rate, just away from where I grew up. Seems like a Different planet, it's so bad there.
I'm really sorry that some y'all are feeling bad. I'll read up closer, but know that I'm here with you still
Old 10-26-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

JL, you did great this weekend. Sorry to hear about Wife's shingles. My husband had them, it was so painful. He was on some antiviral and pain meds. You just never imagine younger people getting them. He never ever calls in sick, that was only time I recall he did.

Kitty, boy jet lag sure catches up doesn't it. Take care all
Old 10-26-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

JL, your story about the truck would make a good essay or article if you were in a writing class but it does not sound like fun. Congrats for having the guts to make the changes you have in your life. God bless and keep your truck borrowing friend very, very far from you!

Kitty, thanks for coming back to us and starting again. I hope the jet lag eases soon.

Patricia, I love all the efforts (walks, journaling, getting tested) you are making in the face of the overwhelming anxiety. Don't give up the fight; this week will end.

Key, I love when you said your parents' junk "had nothing to do with me.". It just sucks how much this kind of thing can hurt even when it has nothing to do with you.

Sadie, I both love astrology and don't believe in it at the same time if that is possible. In spite of my disbelief, I love it because it gives us a framework for thinking about reality and many of us need some help dealing with reality.

I'm having a productive day cleaning up the detritus of the weekend and restocking vituals and dry goods for my aging parents. Still feeling ashamed of yesterday's meltdown.

Lovehoops, Clown, dee and everyone else keep to the course, don't give up the fight and be kind always especially to yourselves
Old 10-26-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

(Hug) to all of you. It's nice to just chat, don't ya think? Me too
Old 10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Thank you Key! It's good to know we are not alone when we are having a bad day
Old 10-26-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Amen to that
Old 10-26-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Exactly me too
Old 10-26-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

10 weeks sober today!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 10-26-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Proud for you Clownbaby!
Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Way to go Clownbaby
Old 10-26-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Good for you, clown baby !

Been asleep 2 hrs, baby crying now.
Can't sleep. Done everything . Diaper, bottle, ibuprofen, Benadryl.( 1-2 ml).
Ugh!! Glad I'm not drinking !
Old 10-26-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

That's amazing Clownbaby!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

JL you really are giving the impression of quite the superdude in the last few days: by day you put a spoke into the wheel of drug deals, by night you do the diaper bottle juggle.