Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 09-30-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Benice I need to learn to choose not to give a hoot and not worry all the time ! Lol

Patricia, hoping you're ok today. More hugs.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coleiope View Post
... or about how my mother is ruining her life and breaking my heart...well, I guess I don't know for sure If anyone here actually "cares" either.
Truth is, I care more than I can express. And I can relate. Only thing is, I didn't get a happy ending with my dad, so I never know how to reply to your situation. I don't have an answer, just empathy and hugs. And I'm really glad when you post. Hugs, Coleiope!!!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Coleiope I hear you.
I'm kind of with Benice. This group is pretty real, and I'd be full of crap if I told you there's "silver linings" to everything, but I care. I can't claim to be on track with successful abstinence, but the road to hell I was on for last 10 yrs is gone from my sight, and I'm thankful for it.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Militia, how you doing ?
Old 09-30-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
There is a "Daily Recovering Readings" post that I read..it has a lot to do with AA. Even if you don't go to AA the things they teach and work with are applicable to recovery in every way. Here is a message taken out of that that I think applies to some people struggling here:
Key I love that!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You guys love reading into things. I have a foul mouth, and don't wish to be constantly reminded about not breaking the rules.
Nothing against anyone, I just don't like to feel restrained.
And about the bottom of the page, I guess since I visit this ite on my phone it leaves me logged in for extended periods of time.
English is my third language, and my name has zero meaning. Just a Metallica reference.
I'm an EMT, thinking about changing fields.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Coleiope...we do really care. I'm like Benice..we prolly care too much!

I apologize MilitA..I am sure I read more into your posts that you would like for us too. I'll try not to do that anymore.

I'm too vocal for my own good. A bit much to swallow I know.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon!
Old 09-30-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I do love reading into things! Always over-analyzing... looking for hidden meanings...it's an artistic strength and weakness. Sorry Militia. Good luck!

Thank you for caring, friends. Thank goodness for good people. (Including the ones with foul mouths!)

"if we don't change, we don't grow. if we don't grow, we aren't really living"~Gail Sheehy
Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Hey class. Just checking in. Day 60 for me. Not quite two months, but it is an important milestone for me. Between that, a beautiful sunny day here, and getting the house cleaned, I am pretty happy.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey woohoo congrats Van!
Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Aww I just logged in and found lots of messages and hugs! Thank you for thinking of me guys!

I'm feeling better today. Still on benzo emergency dose but no alcohol. Unreal, I slipped one day and I have to go through the whole 3 days detox again...that shows how much I damaged my body with all these years of drinking...

But I'm feeling better today. Still lots of anxiety but I have more energy. Actually I stayed busy all morning, it helps with the anxiety.

I am thinking of seeing a naturopathic doctor. I'm experimenting with diet and supplements to help with the anxiety, but I think at this point I need something better than Google...I don't want to slip again. I don't have the energy for more 3 day long detox...

And I'm doing affirmations during the day...we'll see, it won't hurt to try

Have a great day guys!

ps Argh, I love your posts! Well not when you are struggling, I mean I love the way you speak, foul mouth filter is on here so all I see is lots of stars! lol
Old 09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MilitiARGH View Post
You guys love reading into things. I have a foul mouth, and don't wish to be constantly reminded about not breaking the rules.
Nothing against anyone, I just don't like to feel restrained.
And about the bottom of the page, I guess since I visit this ite on my phone it leaves me logged in for extended periods of time.
English is my third language, and my name has zero meaning. Just a Metallica reference.
I'm an EMT, thinking about changing fields.
Huh? What did I miss? Stay Militargh, we would miss you, well I would, can only speak for myself
Old 09-30-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

If you guys don't mind, I wouldn't mind rejoining this class. I know relapsed quite heavily, but I like this group. Feel like I at least somewhat know you guys, and I don't want to join another class.

Start of day 5 for me, and sober as a baby. It'll stay that way too. Relapsing is an impossibility now. If I have even one beer, that's it... I'm gone on another all day, every day binge until I crash and burn. And if I have to detox myself like that again, I think there's a chance I could possibly become a statistic.

AV was at me pretty decently just yesterday afternoon. Day 4, and it was already at me. I swear, he wants to murder me, so don't think I'll be listening to him much.

patricia, glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Hope you're not beating yourself up too much over the minor slip up.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad you're back with us Troy! You are strong and much wiser than some measly AV that wants you to self destruct! We are here to help you punk that mofo out!

"if we don't change, we don't grow. if we don't grow, we aren't really living"~Gail Sheehy
Old 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Of course you're welcome here Troy! ((Hug))!!
Old 09-30-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 5 is amazing, Troy. Glad to see you here and posting about it!
Old 09-30-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
Hey class. Just checking in. Day 60 for me. Not quite two months, but it is an important milestone for me. Between that, a beautiful sunny day here, and getting the house cleaned, I am pretty happy.
Congrats, Vanaprastha! Well done! Hoping to get to the same milestone in 10 days!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone . I have a confession to make . I wasn't keeping my word , too much to handle in myblife , not excuse at all but it's so bad . I don't know how can I handle everything what's going on and I just wish I had someone to hold me back as I don't have almost anyone close to me here . Just wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to text me on kik or someone who is willing to support me time after time by sending a kik message I would appreciate it so much. I'm very alone and can't hide it anymore . I will leave my kik id if someone strong is willing to listen to my thoughts or life troubles and hope for the best . My kik user name is erikutea
Old 09-30-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Van !! Who hoo !! That's SO good. I'm happy for you.

Troy- whaZZAAAP ! Stay with us man. Good to hear from you.

Patricia. I'm so glad to hear today is a little better. More prayers for you !

Gjess I don't know what Kik is, and I'm a tech dummy, but if you're not comfortable putting it on us here, I'll answer up the private message thingee. You aren't alone in it. I'm unhappy for the bad stuff going on in your life, but I'm a believer in a higher power working through other ppl. There's no way I should even be alive to be honest.
I'll listen, and I believe most in our group will too, if you feel like it. Thank you for just being real !
Old 09-30-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jess

I have no idea what kik is , but you might want to consider this is an open forum, meaning anyone can read it - you don't have to be a member to read and we're searchable by search engines. And it's there forever - y'know?

After knowing that, if you'd rather remove your ID let me know

I have to ask tho - why don't you feel you can share your thoughts or life troubles here, or by PM?

D