Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-16-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Patricia! Love the kitty...how adorable!
Old 10-16-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Thank you Key!
Old 10-16-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I'm not responsible for my husband's bad mood right? It's not my fault that he complains nonstop, that he doesn't like my food or anybody's food, he doesn't even like his own food! I just can't take his negativity anymore. I just can't try to please him anymore because nothing ever makes him happy!
Ugh...sorry! Now I'm bringing all this negativity here. I want to cry so bad, I want to drink too but I won't. I need to be strong.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

No you're not responsible. You are only responsible for you. It's hard to be around someone negative all the time. I feel for you.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great weekend gang

D
Old 10-16-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good getting- well wishes!!!. The homemade chicken soup is still cooking unfortunately (I needed to make stock) last night we just opened a can! The guys are feeling much better today. Hopefully we will be feeling good enough to have some fun this weekend! I would love some art with you sometime... Would you share too?
"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 10-16-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm not responsible for my husband's bad mood right? It's not my fault that he complains nonstop, that he doesn't like my food or anybody's food, he doesn't even like his own food! I just can't take his negativity anymore. I just can't try to please him anymore because nothing ever makes him happy!
Ugh...sorry! Now I'm bringing all this negativity here. I want to cry so bad, I want to drink too but I won't. I need to be strong.
Patricia, its not your fault, my husband is the same. Tender hearted and lovely with animals, but total negative curmudgeon with people. I never cooked till I signed up for that food thing, he complained about every meal, and they were delicious.

I just do my own thing now, reconnecting with friends and interests I had before my drinking got so bad. We cant change anyone else, just ourselves, and we arent responsible for someone else's outlook on life!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Patricia, its not your fault, my husband is the same. Tender hearted and lovely with animals, but total negative curmudgeon with people.
Oh dear...they're twins! You won't believe how many times I told my husband he treats the dog better than he treats me!

I lost count of how many times I ended making an "emergency" trip to the liquor store after one of his food tantrums. I almost did it again today...I can't let this affect me so much! I don't know what to do...I keep thinking it's his choice to be miserable, and it's not my job to make him happy...but then of course I throw myself a pity-party...I'm not good enough, if I was good enough he would be happy...ugh
Old 10-16-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Glad to see everyone is still around and doing well.

This week was busy with work and stuff. I've been on a redecorating binge several evenings in a row now. Moving furniture around, rehanging pictures, trying out some new things, shopping.... Yesterday after work I went out with a group of coworkers - a sort of a goodbye party for someone. We were at a bar with everyone drinking beer. I was never a beer person, so I wasn't even tempted. Had cranberry juice and some crappy bar food :-(
Also did a mini physical this week - all numbers were good, except I really should lose 10 lbs. I think I'll focus on that after I reach 3 months of sobriety. I don't think I have enough will power to be doing both right now.

Going on another long hike tomorrow!

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 10-17-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a good sober Saturday! I work for a while today and have a company thing later tonight. Not the way I like to plan my Saturday evening, but sometimes we got to d things we don't necessarily like to do. Then I plan on spending the most time I can with my trucker who is not home much! I have missed him!
Good to hear from you Yoga!
Old 10-17-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi Yoga! Good to see you post. You sound well. Good news on the physical. I also have to shed a few...ahhh, a few more than you...but agree it can't be my priority today. I am sad to report that missed the couch to 5K. Really? I walk/run the dogs more than 3 miles! Why didn't I do the 5k? IDK...

It's cold, crisp and sunny here. A pretty fall day. I have major stress at work, but need to stay clear headed to deal with it. Lots of prayer! Have a great day folks.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hello!
Patricia, my cats have peed on my bed when I've left town, ugh! And Key it is not cute ! I've had to get me down comforter and feather bed cleaned ...yuck.
I just got word that they are eating and someone went potty, maybe both....yay

I had a long grueling day yesterday but was good, and last night I had fun out with coworkers. We went to a bar after dinner and I must admit, for a second I considered ordering a drink, I thought, we are just here for one last beverage and what is the harm in just one? Then I thought if I had one I couldn't say I made it on my trip without drinking, and that felt disappointing to myself. So I opted against it! So glad I did. I had fun regardless and didn't need it. We went to this silly Halloween place here, it seems the Japanese have a small fascination with Halloween.

Sleeping hasn't been great, it's 1;30 and I just woke up. I'll try to get more rest soon. I hope all are having a good weekend!
Old 10-17-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hello, just checking in
It was a good day until the afternoon, I think I'm coming down with a cold. It's ok, I could really use a couple of days to just rest and watch Netflix
Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend!
Old 10-18-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Today is my big 90!! So happy ❤️ <3
Will try to check in and read up in a bit!
Old 10-18-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Key! 90 is terrific!

It's Sunday! Off to church!!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Congrats Key!! 90 is awesome!!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Congrats Key!! 90 is awesome!!
Awesome Key! Congrats!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

90 days key, that's awesome!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

24 for me. I am rocking this trip without alcohol when I easily could be boozing.
Nobody here has really overdone it, but there is a fair amount of drinking.
I admit I've told a white lie and said I have been getting migraines. But I do occasionally get migraines I only said this to someone who saw me overindulge this summer and I felt too scared to be more vulnerable. Progress, not perfection I guess. I'm focusing on the important part, which is that I'm doing this totally sober! And I know with time I'll feel stronger and not feel the need to make up excuses. I know that "I don't drink" is a full sentence
Old 10-18-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO, Key!!!!!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard