Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-15-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, it's been a strange and cryptic 24 hours on this thread. I don't like feeling out of the loop. Reading between the lines, I guess Troy said something inappropriate and also insulted a moderator, so he got kicked off the site. Kudos to the moderators for doing their best to maintain the integrity of SR. I'm sorry it came to this. Just wish there was a better way of letting the class know what is going on.
There's a few reasons why we/I never comment publicly.

The main one being the drama factor - it really does detract from the recovery talk and from people here needing help.

It's also simple common sense and manners - I wouldn't like to have my dirty laundry aired or be discussed on a board without right of reply.

I understand the feelings, but I really hope we can move on now

Dee
SR
Old 10-15-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

HELLO! I'm here. Always reading. Always hoping for the best for my fellow classmates. Good work maintaining sobriety away from home. I feel like "vacation" would be a real challenge for me. Sorry we are short a member now, but boundaries stand... That's life, whether you like it or not. Not much to report here in Toontown.... Been nursing my mini me back to health. Been working on a painting & watching horror flicks. Now my other half is ill and I have to make some chicken veggie soup to get him back in the game. I'm drowning in dishes, but All I want to do is sleep today. I must be fighting off the bug that got ahold of them...

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 10-15-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Dee...thanks for all you do for us. I'm sure it can be challenging at times.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I don't know what would I do without this group! I wish we could all hang out in real life in a cute coffee shop like in "Friends"!

Well I growled, hissed and spitted at my AV, and went to the kitchen instead of the liquor store. I prepped food for the next 43 days I think...lol But it kept me busy and chopping and slicing helped me release all this anger...don't judge, they're just veggies

I couldn't even try the child's pose Sadie. I'm just too wired. But I will definitely try again before bedtime tonight.

I'm glad you arrived safe Kitty! I so want to go to Japan one day! Many years ago when I had the mother of all depressions, I went to this Japanese Buddhist temple. I love it, they saved my life. I learned a lot about their culture, and I got asked to join them on a trip to Kyoto. I was in no condition to travel at that time, too bad. One day I will

I hope you guys feel better Clownbaby! I believe that chicken veggie soup is the best home remedy ever! And so yummy!

Key you sound in a much better mood today! I love that!

Dee, we appreciate so much what you and all the Mods do here.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys - some parts of the job are *really* hard, but someone's gotta do it

D
Old 10-15-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi all, I have followed your class from the beginning. I haven't wanted to interfere in the dynamics here. However my battle with depression can feel a bit like you all's battle with alcoholism. I do the one day at a time and sometimes claw my way through a day 10 min at a time.

I found this site as I kept being drawn into news sites which offered a continual flow of toxic bad news. I wanted a place to read about simple courage and perseverance of individuals. In the last few months you all have helped me tremendously in my own walk with my own struggle. Thank you so much for what you are doing.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Welcome Bekindalways! I like your name
Old 10-15-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, but I have been busy with work, school, and also getting to know some people on a horse-oriented forum and spending a lot of time there since it looks like I'll be getting my own horse soon, and I have a lot to learn.

Sorry to read of all the struggles and difficulties and happy to read that some of us are doing okay right now. I'm one of the okay ones, just really, really busy trying to walk down parallel paths of sobriety, new business, school, and horsey stuff. It's a lot, but it's keeping me from thinking much about alcohol these days.

I have discovered these flavoring things you can add to a glass of water and I've been drinking that a lot. It's sort of like having the sweetness of wine, but it has sucralose (splenda) so it's low carb and won't affect my diabetes. I really like them as something to sip on in the evenings like I used to sip on my alcoholic drinks.

Let's see. Counting now. It's been 57 days since my pancreatitis attack and therefore my last drink. I have to say I am not missing it much. Now and then I find myself feeling that old pull toward it, but I'm doing well at tossing those thoughts aside, because I know what will happen if I do drink. Got a lot to live for, so I'm just not going to put myself in harm's way again.

Hugs and sober love to everyone here. I'm flying to the east coast tomorrow to visit my cousin and perhaps bring one of her horses back to California to be mine. We'll see how that goes. Hang in there, everyone!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the thread bekindalways

D
Old 10-15-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you retread

D
Old 10-16-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning,
Wow...I've missed a lot. I'm okay. Just very busy week and weekend coming up. I guess that is good. My daughter is having wisdom teeth out this afternoon so I have to be with her.

Welcome bekindalways!

I missed something with the Troy thing...but okay if that's what needs to be done to respect the parameters of SR.

Thanks dee for all you do..it's a very tough job.

I think I am at 51days??? I don't really count but I feel good.

Happy Friday xo
Old 10-16-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm always in a good mood here. I have struggles like we all do but I try not to dwell on it long. I can't take a chance to open a crack for depression. It's always waiting for an invitation and it usually stays longer than I want and wears out its welcome.
Dee I know you have a job to do here. I appreciate SR, it definitely has saved me from myself.
I'm probably gonna be a little less vocal and keep more thoughts to myself. Need to quit trying so hard to help everyone else and help myself. Think I may be pushing too hard in other forums and I don't want to be known as being too vocal.
I hope everyone has a great Friday and as always I wish you all peace and happiness.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think anyone thinks of you as anything but a great support and help, Key

D
Old 10-16-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hello Bekindalways! It is so good to see you post!

Clownbaby, how was the chicken soup? Hope it did the healing trick. Sorry your gang is under the weather.
Patricia, I don't know anything about poses, but I do get chopping the heck out of veggies! Glad to hear that helped.
Retread, it is great to hear from you. How dang exciting that you may bring a horse home this weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Love hoops, congrats on day 51!!! That is tremendous. All three of mine had their wisdom teeth out. Cute little chipmunks. It's a mixed blessing since you HATE to see your child in pain, but as young adult like people, it is nice when they need and want you to nurture them. Good luck today.
Key, if you feel the need to pull back in other threads, go right ahead. But please don't pull back here. Like I said before, you keep our ball rolling forward.

Have a great Friday Augustables! Have your eye set on Monday as the prize...
Old 10-16-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

You can't get rid of me...Lol I'm like a boomerang! I just keep coming back...hey AA says that too! I love this group, the one year and under group and the Julyers group..2015 and 2013..all are my peeps for sure!
The 2013 group are so kind, caring, and supportive of each other..it's just refreshing. Snooz and Wolfy have adopted me, thank goodness!
The 2015 Julyer group are amazing and my quit date is July 20, so I relate to them so easily.
The one year and under just helps me have a different perspective since they have members with more experience than myself with sobriety and recovery...Toots and Glee give me such good insight and advice. (As does everyone else on that thread).
This group being my home group is when I signed up and started working on my recovery. So you're also a very important piece of the puzzle for me and I could never leave you!
Clownbaby~You're an artist? You said you were painting...maybe you could share with us one day...I know that's a personal thing to people sometimes sharing your work. I'd like to see...I'm artsy too. I was a singer, performer, entertainer for almost 20 years. I draw, sketch, and paint as well. I dabble with it. Just for my own enjoyment. Was just curious..thanks for sharing that. Fight for staying well since your household has been ill!
Patricia, it would be cool if we could walk to the coffee shop and fellowship like we do here! I agree!
Bekindalways, welcome to our group! You are not interfering with our vibe...jump in! You are welcome here! We do one day at a time and one minute at a time some days too! We're here for support anytime you need us!
Retread, I was wondering about you! We have missed you! Congrats on 57 days! Glad to see you're staying busy. Busy is good and safe travels! Keep in touch with us please!
Lovehoops, 51 days is awesome! You're doing great and glad to see you're staying busy too!

Me, I'm at day 88..I am doing most amazing. I have to pinch myself these days. I have let go of so many things it's unreal. I guess I hung onto them for reasons to keep around "drama" and give me the drink I was wanting. I hung on to a lot of things suing them as reasons to drink. Since I have let them go, I have a new found freedom. Don't' get me wrong, life isn't perfect, nor do I have the key to solve everything. I still struggle, but I now have better coping tools. I am wiser today. I am a better version of "me". I know how to move on from disappointments and take away something positive rather than letting it drive me to anxiety, worry, and depression and a drink in my hand. I have learned to let go of that drink and because of that I am learning how to live.
Thanks y'all...You're my peeps for sure! ((Hug))!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

And I forgot to say "HI" and (hug) to Sadie, Van, Yoga,Kitty, JL, Beerbgone, Carmichael (god help me I try to remember everyone but it's hard to) anyone I am missing! Hello!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't think anyone thinks of you as anything but a great support and help, Key

D
I agree 100%
Old 10-16-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Guys! I read this just now and my HP is working so hard on my heart this week. It has spoke to me and I wanted to share with you...

"Meditation For The Day

If your heart is right, your world will be right. The beginning of all
reform must be in yourself. It's not what happens to you, it's how you take it. However restricted your circumstances, however little you may be able to remedy financial affairs, you can always turn to your inward self and, seeing something not in order there, seek to right it. And as all reform is from within outward, you will always find that the outward is improved as the inward is improved. As you improve yourself, your outward circumstances will change for the better. The power released from within yourself will change your outward life."

So true, so very true <3
Old 10-16-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi class, seems everyone is doing well! Good luck w the horse Retread! Thats awesome! Kitty, I hope your kitties eat.soon, yes, they do tend to hunger strike when moved. Im off on semi dreaded.family visit. As usual worst and latest packer ever. Feeling bad abt leaving my cats, my boy has bacterial infection, needs meds for a month and my hubs cant bear to do anything uncomfortable to the cats. Then I caught the brat trying to pee in my suitcase (cat, not husband) Dashing off to airport, will check in if AV yaps. Have a good weekend yall.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Then I caught the brat trying to pee in my suitcase (cat, not husband)
Aww he's mad because you're leaving! Make sure you close your bedroom door! Mine always pee on my bed when I'm out of town. I know it's their way of communicating...but still... it's gross and smelly! lol

Have a good trip Sadie!