Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-12-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Hey class. Just checking in. No big news on my brother; he is still in the hospital, but out of ICU.

Welcome to the class Carmichael.

Great to see so many people overcoming cravings and trigger situations!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Troy and Sadie, thank you! It was quite a breakthrough for me and I am so happy about it.

Sadie glad you found your ring...and those cat eyes are beautiful! Hard to believe but my Dad has one green and one blue..it's rare in the animal and human worlds!

Troy prayers sent up for you and yes please keep us informed.

Carmichael...welcome! Nice to meet you glad to have you!

Hey Van glad you checked in and prayers for your brother.

((Hug)) to all!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carmichael View Post
August 3rd, 2015. Hello Classmates.
Welcome Carmichael!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Carmichael we have the same quit date!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Excited to be sober on my 2month milestone! Too bad it feels like a brass band is marching through my temples and sinuses!!! I think I finally evicted all the fleas from my dog and home! It's been a LONG week people! I'm ready for my day off!!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 10-12-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Clownbaby View Post
Excited to be sober on my 2month milestone! Too bad it feels like a brass band is marching through my temples and sinuses!!! I think I finally evicted all the fleas from my dog and home! It's been a LONG week people! I'm ready for my day off!!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Is this Coleiope with new name? Congrats on 2'months, awesome!
Old 10-12-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Carmichael - and congrats Clownbaby

I'm really sorry for everyone who's going through tough times - best wishes and support for you all

D
Old 10-12-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Ugghh.. 6am, and have 3 cups of coffee in me. Wake up at 4am to go to the bathroom, and think, "hey, let's start sucking back the coffee". Probably not the greatest idea I've ever had. heh.

Sadie, glad to hear you found your ring. Sounds like you're feeling better than a couple days ago, yeah? Hang in there.

Clownbaby, congrats on 2 months. That's awesome!

kitty, sounds like you're doing well, and kudos to putting yourself out there with the dating. I'll be right there with you shortly, once I get my teeth fixed. There's gotta be someone out there for both of us. Although not sure, as I'm somewhat of the mindset that loves find you, you don't find it.

patricia, how are you doing? Sounds like you're doing better, or even keeled at least?

Van, glad your brother seems to be improving at least. Hopefully he's back on his feet in short time.

Retread, how are you doing? How's the self employment coming along?

I don't know, but god damn I feel good. Feel renewed for some reason, ready to take on life again. I'll admit, I have cheated, and snuck a few beers at night here and there. Sorry, and I know I shouldn't, but this loneliness and isolation can be a killer, but working on changing that starting basically today. However, I haven't touched whiskey or hard liquor since my last detox, and that's really the only thing I can contribute to feeling as good as I do.

I don't know, but yeah... house is 100% in order and cleaned, I'm on top of work, and ready to start putting myself out there in life again. Spiritual side in my seems to have awakened again, which is great. Miss that part of me, because that's the part that makes me strong and capable enough to do anything I put my mind to.

I think the last time I felt this strong I was 19, and just starting my first company. Went from a poor, laid off landscaper due to winter with no high school diploma who was making $8.50/hour, to $35k/month within 5 months. Was pretty cool. I highly doubt I'll be able to do that again, mainly due to age and globalization, but nonetheless, should be able to setup a decent shop again. Have a good vision in mind, and it's basically already done. Have an excellent infrastructure and development network here that I started back in 2006, and have revised and upgraded since, loads of code written, and just need to package everything up and get it to market. I miss the days when I would wake up to find out I made $2000 in orders while sleeping.

Can't neglect the spiritual side of myself this time though, because doing so will be the beginning of the end. This is why both, Buddhism and volunteer work are going to become crucial aspects in my life going forward. I know full well how my mind can get away from me, so I need to ensure I keep myself grounded and balanced.

Ok... I think I'm done being an eccentric nut job for now. Anyone else?
Old 10-12-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I'll never retire from my career as a professional nut job! Troy, I'm glad you are trying to quit & feeling good about life. I hope your dog is getting better. I'm kinda lost as to what's all going on with all you wonderful People. But I hope you are finding new ways to cope with the issues that drove you to drinking town...& you are learning to love your self in new sober shoes!! Me? I'm just caught up in life. Working a lot more. Creating a lot more. Reaping the gifts of autumn and preserving them fro the winter ahead... Spending much more time with family. Yes. I am incognito. Pm me if you need details. It's no big whoop...
Sadie, I'm happy you found your ring! Ugh... Lost personal belongings...1 of the many things I don't miss about drinking!!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Uggghhh... just read on another forum that an expat in the same city as me had a visit by the Tourist Police a couple days ago, checking the validity of his VISA. I guess they're going around and checking all foreigners in the area.

I really hope the owners of this house didn't inform immigration that a foreigner is living here. As long as they didn't, I should be in the clear, and I doubt they did. They don't care, they just want their monthly rent.

Really need to get this taken care of.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

When I was at the open bar the other night, they had a festive ginger beer punch with NO ALCOHOL available. I was so grateful!!! And it was delicious. So I made something similar tonight and it's pretty good. Glass of ice...pour some ginger beer then zero calorie vitamin water (I used dragonfruit flavor) squeeze a slice of lime, add 2 maraschino cherries, and put a whole strawberry on the rim of the glass. Kittycat, you are right! Ginger beer is delicious!

Welcome Carmichael! Congrats Clownbaby! Troy, you do sound very happy...glad to hear it.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Whoops Troy, we must have been posting at the same time. Hope everything goes your way.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Whoops Troy, we must have been posting at the same time. Hope everything goes your way.
Yeah, me too. Talk about a good way to kill my previous high spirits. Now I'm bloody terrified.

I don't think they should check this house though. Don't see why they would. Well, I guess my teeth can wait a little longer, and will save that money for a potential bribe. I'm thinking about 200,000 should do it, so about $6500 USD. Better get saving.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I went to a meditation class today. I loved it! At first it was so hard to get rid of my social anxiety and really focus on what I was doing, but once I got there it was so relaxing, so peaceful...10 times better than drinking and no side effects!

I might join their yoga class next week. I would love to but I'm still trying to gather the courage to be out there with strangers without alcohol. I had to take a tiny dose of benzos to go to this class today, but I don't want to keep taking them...
Old 10-12-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Benice, I have got to check out that NA ginger beer, sounds good. Im going to order yummy NA drinks when out eating with family during my upcoming somewhat.dreaded trip. Not worried a bit I will drink. No one is a big drinker, and I am DONE!

Troy, I hope things work out, I know you have really wanted to fix your teeth, and was hoping very much that was coming up shortly for you. Maybe it still will! Is it painful stuff you are having done?

JL, tell us more about your breakthrough!

Key, that kitty is my baby, I am worried, he was so quiet today after.his procedure, and I do think our elderly boy has cataracts and getting arthritis. I started.him on joint supplements today. I work to support the cats vet bills here are insane, well everything is expensive here. We would move but for the cats. My spouse just about has a breakdown taking them to vet, he couldnt handle moving them far.

Retread, I bet you are busy working away, hope you have time for riding.

Clown, someday tell us the story. Just please dont ever have that pennywise creature as avatar, I will have to leave. Skeeeerrd of that thing!

Van, hope your brother is improving!

Bbg nice to see you rolling along.! No more withdrawals ever ever, right?

Im calling it a night here. Have to get up early for a way early breakfast appt. Cant decide if I am day counting anymore, may do weeks instead. Im just counting how many days until bloated binge face lasts, on day 3 of that,.hope to see major improvements there tomorrow, will report on state of eyelids in morning. If they are visible, success!

I wish some.of the others.come back, liked Bexxed, Britghter,creative. Hope it doesnt mean drinking.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

That's amazing what you do for your cats Sadie. I used to live in this old house that had a colony of feral cats. I tamed and rescued over 30 of them while we lived there. No traps, just me I only lost a small litter of 3 kittens when my son was born, I just couldn't take care of them and my baby so they stayed feral.

I hope your cat feels better soon!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Ugh ! I can't sleep !! Out of sleep meds for 4-5 days. Hot bath, melatonin not going it. I started drinking beer this afternoon, then threw them out. I don't know what to do but y'all's posts are so hopeful for me. Meditation is something I've never done. Not w my crazy life. Exercise is what I should have done.
Took another half melatonin, going to drink some milk. Gotta goto work in 5 hrs. Bleh
Where's my good dreams ??!! I want to cry
Old 10-12-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Troy, I hope things work out, I know you have really wanted to fix your teeth, and was hoping very much that was coming up shortly for you. Maybe it still will! Is it painful stuff you are having done?
I don't know. I'm getting all my teeth ripped out (top & bottom) and dentures put in, so I'm assuming it's painful. 34, and need dentures. Can't believe it. That's what 15 years of whiskey & coke does I guess. Aside from the teeth though, I'm actually a pretty decent looking guy.

The more I (rationally) think about it, the less I have to worry about with the Tourist Police coming by. I'm tucked away pretty well here, I'm the only white guy in the area I've ever seen, and there's no way they'd know to look for a foreigner here.

Legally, if you rent to a foreigner, you're supposed to register them with immigration. They couldn't have registered me though, because I didn't even show ID upon signing the lease. Actually I signed the lease as Henry Ford just for the hell of it. Besides, the owners live in Germany anyway, and only spend a few weeks per-year here for holidays.

Stupid martial law. The last military coup was May 2014, and he's still PM. Said he might hold elections July 2017 if things go smoothly.

Anyway, hope you have a good sleep. Sweet dreams.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi all....
Very busy weekend but chugging along. Have to get into work early but glad to see everyone seems to be okay...
Glad everyone found their jewelry and pets are okay and Troy, that you are tucked away in your apartment!!
Lots to catch up on...

Sober Tuesday all xo
Old 10-13-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hey Troy, can't remember if you've mentioned this, have you thought about legally getting your status updated (vs stress of worrying that they'll find you?) taking care of it might be work you have to do in sobriety

Glad you like the ginger beer Benice! I'll have to try your mocktail!

Patricia great story about meditation class! I am inspired to try something like that too, I've wanted to. I do yoga, but my practice has waned.

More emotions last night. Not sure where they are coming from but I'm guessing this is part of my sober work. I've honestly not been an emotional person in the past, but now things have changed. Last night I was feeling scared about being alone. I know in my head I am not, but my heart felt so heavy. Feeling better this morning and I know I'll get through this with the help of my higher power.

I'll be traveling for the next 10 days on that business trip. I've already got my plan to say I'm not drinking for health reasons. I've got a little bit of anxiety because the group has seen me drink heavily in the past a time or 2, but I know with my fragile state right now there is nothing more important than sobriety. If they give me peer pressure I can handle it with my head high. All are professionals and dare I say even friends so I know even if they give me a hard time I'll be ok. And I want to enjoy this trip with a clear mind and spirit!
I'm nervous about travel, have done a decent amount in the past but it's been a while.....I'll be going to Japan, a dream of mine for a while. I'm lucky I get to go on my work's dime....

One day at a time everyone, proud of everyone for getting through the tough times!