Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-11-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday class. I'm off to church. I LOVE SUNDAYS.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Well, off to the vet hospital first thing tomorrow morning. 1am here now, so nothing I can do until tomorrow.

Noticed he was showing very mild symptoms in the past couple days, but just ignored them as I usually do, because they normally just sleep whatever it is off and are back to healthy within a couple days. Then tonight, boom, just totally deteriorated within a period of about 4 hours. Not sure if he's going blind, or what's going on -- eyes are rolling back into his head and things though. He still seems physically healthy and capable, so not sure what it is.

Seems to have the same energy as usual, but his eyes are all screwed up. I'm thinking trichinosis again (had it mildly about 2.5 years ago) because his one eye has that aqua colored mucus in it again, but not sure. Where the hell would he have gotten trichinosis from? When I feed them pork, I ensure it's well over cooked for this exact reason, so I highly doubt it was any pork I fed them. Might not be the most tender pork in the world, but their dogs, and are more than happy with over cooked pork.

See how he looks in the morning. Hopefully it's just some eye drops and antibiotics needed, and he's good to go. Sucks when those you love (even if it's a dog) are hurting, and you can't help.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Have some antibiotics (pill form) that are about 1 year old. Not sure if they're ok to feed them to him, but gave him one anyway. Should be fine, they've been in a dark, cool area the whole time.

Just realized, I have a whole medicine cabinet for the dogs -- takes up a full two shelved cupboard. Absolutely nothing for me though. heh.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I think trichinosis mostly causes diarrhea and vomiting? I hope they get better soon!
Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I know how you feel Troy, my baby boy is at the vet now getting scoped. He has been gacking, and swallowing weird. I hope its something like a piece of plastic , he is obsessed with chewing tape.

Makes me so nervous when my babies are sedated I cant stand it.

Hope all is well with your doggie, if it was a cat I would go ahead and start antibiotics, if its a pill? Its the liquid form that would go bad and would not use. I do all the medical stuff for a large rescue group (cats, my volunteer gig) so any cat health questions I probably have answers, but not with doggies. Hope its something simple.

Somehow during my at home binge/blackout I lost my wedding ring. I take off all jewelry as soon as I get home and found everything else piled on an end table, but no ring. Im sure it will show up somewhere, spending today searching around .

Also have a huge bruise on behind and leg, no clue how. I believe I am done done with alcohol, that scared me to death. No AV, no urges. I guess I will never know what sent me to the store. Hope everyone is having a good day, glad you love Sundays Benice!
Old 10-11-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I hope you find your ring Sadie! I once had a cat that would steal my jewelry and hide it under the couch lol
Old 10-11-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I think trichinosis mostly causes diarrhea and vomiting? I hope they get better soon!
All depends. If it's a severe case, it can screw with the central nervous system to the point of death.

I doubt it's trichinosis anyway. I can't see where he would have gotten it from. I'm assuming it's just "cold weather" (+21C at night), and lots of rain. My lawn is quite high right now, and the lawn maintenance guy hasn't been around, I'm assuming because it's never been dry enough to cut for a good while now. So god knows what type of fleas and parasites are living in there that I can't see. I could spray the lawn with Bayticol, but my dogs eat the grass, so not sure if I want to do that.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I hope you find your ring Sadie! I once had a cat that would steal my jewelry and hide it under the couch lol
Lol, my oldest cat was a notorious jewelry thief too! Hasnt done that for awhile, hes 17 now. My baby is back home, had lesions in his throat, so waiting for biopsy.

This ring has to.show up sometime! Going to search my car.next!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Interesting day

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in Canada, so like most people do, we had our turkey dinner today. I had to admit that around 3 in the afternoon I wanted to run to the liquor store...but I didn't.

My husband was grumpy all day long, I was exhausted from all the cooking, and my son was running around the house high on sugar...but I didn't drink, I went and locked myself in the bathroom and meditated for 15 minutes instead

How's everybody doing? I hope all the pets are feeling better! I hate to see animals in pain

Have a great day/evening guys!
Old 10-12-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Oh no Sadie and Troy ! I'm sorry to hear about the pet troubles.
I've been drowning in life lately , but too much going on to type write now.
Short version is- I had a breakthrough, thank GOD. Didn't drink on a Sunday night. Stopped. My drinking days I hope, I can out behind me completely.
Most of the time, I get on here and try to get out the pain from things going on and making me wonder why I'm even alive. You guys are a part of a family I never had, as I always carry a feeling of loss around over that.
Anyway, a few things kind of came together inside of me for the better, for a change, and I'm gonna hold on to it for all I'm worth !
I haven't beaten alcoholism, but my more recent drink -on 2 days off-suffer depression for days after, is bested this week. I'm so thankful.
It's early Am here.
Just wanted to share with y'all. God knows I've griped enough ! lol
Hugs.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Sorry to those having issues with your pet family members. It's heart breaking I know.
Those struggling hang in there. Get up and try again.
Milestones congrats to you and those doing well, it's awesome!
I'm day 84!
I am so happy my weekend full of wedding stuff went off great. Only had triggers on Friday for just a few minutes then it passed. Saturday I didn't let it bother me one time and had drinks flowing around me all day and night. I danced my butt off and laughed and had an awesome time! I love it when I can give alcoholism a swift kick in the arse department!
It's Monday..going to seek out the positives today and not worry about the negatives. It's what seems to be working for me!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Great news key of C!

Day 18 today. Felt pretty bummed last night, had tentative plans for a date and he cancelled last minute. I understand, it was due to work, but I still felt a bit foolish for putting so many hopes into it. He didn't apologize either. So I guess I'm letting this one go, I need a man that respects my time and meets me halfway. the old me would have wanted to go out and get drunk, aka revenge drinking....didn't come close to that, just ended up on a walk and picking up some cigarettes . Not great, but better than drinking.
I know I'll get over this soon. I'm still glad I took a risk in love, dating isn't easy and it's bound to disappoint. The risk is worth it.
Learning to trust my feelings and my ability to handle the tough things is part of this sobriety process. Had I gone out and drank, I might have sent off some nasty texts and said things I'd regret. Although his canceling is not cool, the plans were tentative and being nasty to him would not have been the right thing to do. Instead I kept my cool and today I feel proud of my behavior.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Patricia, congrats on staying strong! JL, Key and Kitty, those are very powerful and positive posts. Looks like a good Monday!

Troy and Sadie, hope the pets get well soon.

Hello to all Augustables. Have a great Monday.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Thanks Kitty! You know I have said, I couldn't see myself trying to quit drinking AND smoking. One is enough. SO I am glad you picked up those cigarettes instead. They might be bad for your health, but they won't fog your brain or make you do irrational things like alcohol will. Dating does suck and tests you as a person. So glad I don't have to date. It's brutal and nowadays I bet it's 100 times worse than what I had to deal with. Good things will come in due time. When you least expect it too..(hug)!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

You too Benice...Good to hear from you (hug)!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Sadie, hope your guy's biopsy comes back ok, or at least is easily treatable. If it's lesions in the throat, good chance just time, some antibiotics, and some of that powder based stuff you mix with hot water might do the trick. Keep us updated.

JL, awesome to hear you had a good couple days, and things are clicking. How's your son doing? Getting better, or still the same?

Key, kudos on pushing through the wedding without a drop of alcohol. Props to you for that!

Never went to the vet hospital today. During morning and afternoon he's totally fine, eyes wide open, then about 8pm he just shuts down. There's something obviously wrong. I'm leaning towards cataracts, but unsure. He's healthy, and isn't ill, but something's up with his eyes.

There's a vet here who owns a clinic within walking distance. He teaches at the university vet hospital, was educated in Minnesota, etc. He neutered both of my guys. I'll go down there tomorrow, see if he's still open, and willing to do a home visit. I'm happy to pay. Getting my guy to the university vet hospital (excellent facility) is a pain though, so would be great if he can just come by and check him out. Doubtful though. They'll want to do eye & blood tests, I'm assuming.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday! Tomorrow is hopefully a big day for me. We'll see what I make of it.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

JL and Kitty, great posts! Kitty, you are doing great putting yourself out there in the dating world, and not drinking when its disappointing. JL so so happy to read abt your breakthrough. It's amazing how much better we feel without the crappy lies and self hate alcohol puts in our head.

Thanks all for concern abt my kitty, he hasnt gagged since the scoping, which is good. Hope it was benign lesions in his throat. Still no wedding ring

Troy, let us know about your boy, hope its not serious.

Key, you did great, we all knew you would glad you had so much fun, that was a breakthrough too!

Patricia, Happy Thanksgiving
Old 10-12-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

August 3rd, 2015. Hello Classmates.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Found my ring! Whew! It was under an armoire, I do think it was a catburglar event! The last piece to fix from my last binge ever!

Troy wishing you the best on your big day tomorrow!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carmichael View Post
August 3rd, 2015. Hello Classmates.
Yaaaaay for you, welcome Carmichael!