Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-09-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Hey class. Checking in.

Turns out I did not have the whole story about my brother. He went to the ER because he fell down the stairs. It appears that he had a small stroke and became disoriented, took a wrong turn on his way to the bathroom, and fell down the stairs. They discovered the gastric bleed after he was at the hospital. They think he will fully recover from the stroke but still don't know why he was bleeding. It does not look like I will have to fly out there to see him.

Congratulations to the milestoners, and support for those struggling. Patricia, I am sorry to hear you are having a bad day, but happy that you have a counselor to talk to.

Still sober. Looking forward to the chat meeting tonight.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I wish I could get into chat. Neither of my macs will let me in. I have tried everything.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Retread1959 View Post
I wish I could get into chat. Neither of my macs will let me in. I have tried everything.
Went to chat last week, got booted and couldnt figure out how to get back in. Im a mess right now
Old 10-09-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hey Sadie, sorry to hear you are struggling. Play it through. Hang in there! Sending prayers...
Old 10-09-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Class, I'm off to bed so just a short hello tonight. I'll catch up on everyone's doings tomorrow.

Today completes TWO MONTHS of sobriety for me! It hasn't been easy but I got there. Next I want to make it to three and then six months. Small steps...

Have a good night everybody!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Congratulations on two months yoga! I remember your early days when you were struggling. Well done!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Hey Sadie, there you are. Last night I was about to put a SOS out on you, but then I noticed you were posting in other threads, so decided to let you be.

What's wrong? What happened? If you need someone to listen, we're all here for you.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

We are here for you Sadie
Old 10-10-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Congrats Yoga!

Hey Sadie, how are you today? Please post an update.

Last night there was a celebration with champaign. But guess what my daughter did...she bought me a bottle of sparkling grape juice!!! She did that exceptionally kind and wonderful thing all on her own. I got to toast with the rest of them!

Tonight we are going to another open bar event. Looking back on my posts, it's no wonder I drank too much! Sheesh! I've got my guard up and I will be the designated driver, so I will be ok.

Have a great Saturday and keep your eyes set on making it to Monday!
Old 10-10-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
We are here for you Sadie
Hi everyone,.thanks for thoughts and prayers. I dont remember what happened to be honest..Have to take my baby boy.to the vet, somethings wrong. He is 11 which isnt that old for cats these days so

I will post more later.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Sadie, I'm so sorry you are struggling. There is no magic answer. But you have to be on the right track because you keep getting on here and it is clear that you want change. You are strong and things will click. Take care of your cat. Good luck with the vet. Hugs.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

thanks Benice, My kitty has to go back tomorrow to be scoped, I hope it's nothing serious, he's the baby boy even though we have younger ones.

I don't know what to say about Day 1 again. I am frightened as I don't recall how much I drank exactly, but I know I bought two bottles. I don't know what happened really, I was upset talking with my mom regarding my upcoming visit and the complete disregard for anyone else by my sister. My mom tries to get the family together and it's always viewed as a pain by sis. I'm going there for sis birthday, and an event for my nephew and wonder why I bother? It's only for my moms sake. . However, I don't remember thinking oh I want /need to drink now. And I haven't had daily AV chatter at all.

I was going along well with 32 or something days until last weeks hotel bar work deal, that slip I get... yesterday I don't understand at all. I am scared but will use that fear if an urge or av or whatever happens again. This is a low for me. Big big low. However I'm telling myself you did 30 days before, you can do it again. Just want this day over.

JL, how did the going to bed early work?

Congrats Retread, Key, Hoops, Yoga on milestones. . Van, glad your brother will recuperate and you don't have to visit.

Everyone
Old 10-10-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hey Sadie,

Sorry to hear it, but at least you didn't let it turn into an all out binge that lasts weeks or months.

I have similar issues with family. Blood family (parents, brothers, nephews, neice) is fine, and get on great. It's my sister-in-laws that simply can't get along, to the point it's like pulling teeth to have a family dinner, and family vacations are out of the question.

Glad you came back so quickly, and all the best to the future. Hope you stick with the Augustables.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Hey Sadie,

Sorry to hear it, but at least you didn't let it turn into an all out binge that lasts weeks or months.

I have similar issues with family. Blood family (parents, brothers, nephews, neice) is fine, and get on great. It's my sister-in-laws that simply can't get along, to the point it's like pulling teeth to have a family dinner, and family vacations are out of the question.

Glad you came back so quickly, and all the best to the future. Hope you stick with the Augustables.
Thanks Troy! I'm sticking with Augustables!
Old 10-10-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Must have still had alcohol in my system earlier, starting to feel impending doom, depression. This may have been my rock bottom , I lost about 5 hours of my life, even dont remember .things from before drinking. Has that happened to anyone? That part terrifies me.

I know this aftermath depression is temporary , but I am worried about brain damage. I have had blackouts before, but always remembered what I was doing before drinking, this is.so different, like I was in a fuege state. Going to main thread to check on this.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Yes it happened to me a few times with hard alcohol.

You are going through withdrawals and the impending doom/panic is going to last a few more hours/days.

Try to relax and every time one of those terrifying thoughts come up remember how good you felt when you were sober. It's just withdrawals. It WILL pass!
Old 10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I haven't completely lost memories from before I was drinking, but I've drank hard enough that I've made my entire memory of an evening fuzzy. (Including prior to when I started drinking.)

Sadie, hugs! Dust yourself off and keep going. The human body can recover from an amazing amount of abuse we give it. One day at a time. Don't let your fear of the damage keep you drinking. What's done is done, you can heal from this.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Sadie, thinking of you and reaching out with hugs. Keep posting and stay on SR. We are all here for you xoxo.

Busy weekend...just checking in.

JL ..hope your kids Re felling better??

Shutouts to everyone, xo
Old 10-11-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Yogapants

I'm sorry you drank and you're feeling low Sadie but it's great you're back with us

I'm glad it looks like your bro will be ok Vanaprastha

D
Old 10-11-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Sadie, hugs! Dust yourself off and keep going. The human body can recover from an amazing amount of abuse we give it. One day at a time. Don't let your fear of the damage keep you drinking. What's done is done, you can heal from this.
Our ability to heal is pretty amazing. Sadie, I think you are on a journey to abstinence/sobriety and had a few hiccups. Maybe they were necessary to reinforce your decision that this is the right path for you. The thing I don't like about counting days is that we tend to start counting over after a hiccup. I get that, but the days you already racked up are definitely milestones to be proud of and belong with your success story. IMHO. Glad to be on this journey with you.