Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 6

Old 10-08-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...KEY, did you say 80?!?!?!? That's great!

Coleiope/Clownbaby, I like your new picture. Why the change?

JL, hope the little guy gets well soon.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Yes 80! I know I had to double check myself. My sobriety date is July 20..I should've joined the July class, but new to this site at the time I didn't know I could so I joined the August when I signed up on SR. They have adopted me in July though...well Lol I guess most of the classes have adopted me at no choice of theirs (Lol)..I am active in almost all of them..it helps me to be active, whether I am helping or being helped. It drills in my brain all the info I am giving and/or receiving that this stuff is even good for me to put to work in my own life.
Hope y'all are doing good today...let's keep up the strong front! I like where it's taking me a whollleee bunch!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

JL, sorry to hear you're little guy isn't getting any better. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong, and get him the proper meds.

Key, congrats on 80!

patricia, congrats on a week, and sounds like you're doing well. Keep going!

Just a "blah" day for me today. Didn't do much of anything except work. Cleaned the house some more I guess. I'm actually quite impressed with myself considering I'm a bachelor -- this place is sparkling. Realized that during the 6.5 years of my adult life that I lived with a partner, I never really cleaned at all, lol. My job was to ensure there was always money in the bank accounts. I hate cleaning, maybe I should get another boyfriend. j/k

I don't know... nothing good, nothing bad, just existing. Can't complain. Could be worse -- I could be on a makeshift boat in the middle of the Mediterranean risking my life to flee a civil war with hopes of reaching Europe. No reason that couldn't be me, or any of us if it wasn't for sheer luck.

Learning Thai is humming along, and I make sure to put in a couple hours a day. Watching Gladiator. Love that movie, which is good, because it's going to take me a month to go through it in Thai.

Work is work. At times I wish I had the ambition I once did to create something magnificent, but just don't. I do it because it pays the bills, and I've become accustomed to neat things like shelter and food. Don't have that spark like I used to though. Maybe it'll come back in the future, who knows.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hello!
Going to see my counselor tomorrow. I don't know how she does it but I always feel great after I see her
How's everybody doing?
Old 10-08-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

We've been a little quiet today Patricia..(hug)
No reason just busy I reckon
Old 10-08-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Nice Patricia! You sound like you are doing much better, is that true?

I love going to my therapist most days I'm on the upswing of an emotional week. Last night it came to a head. I came home, got into bed, and let the tears flow. I've been processing some old crap, from my divorce and facing my fears that I might be single forever. I know with my head that is unlikely but my heart still needs convincing. I've no doubt that some of these feelings were stuffed down deep due to my drinking and drugging. Now that I'm finally accepting I can't drink, they are rising to the surface. It was painful but it felt good after it was done. And this morning I awoke with a serenity that was very welcome. I am so grateful to be sober and to get another shot at this life with a sober mind. As an alcoholic I've taken all this angst in the past and covered it with booze or pot. And so now this is what being sober is about, facing the hard times and doing it sober. Day 14 today. Many moons to go!
Old 10-08-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 80 days Key
D
Old 10-08-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Nice Patricia! You sound like you are doing much better, is that true?
I feel much better yes I've been working on self-esteem issues with my counselor...it's slowly starting to show some positive results.

I'm sorry you had a tough week. But tears are good! I wish I could have a good cry and let it all out!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Had a wonderful day today. Not one, but two riding lessons on the same day. After the first one I was driving home with such an endorphin high it was hard to believe, better than any drink or drug I can imagine. I really love this new hobby and feel it's keeping me sane right now.

Otherwise just busy working. I am creating a new website for someone for free and am going to do at least five of these so that I have some work to show on my own website. I've been working as a web content manager at a large university for so long that I have little that shows my own ability, so first order of business it so remedy that. Plan to finish up the first one over the weekend.

Patricia, I'm so glad you're doing better. Congratulations to all on the milestones; we have quite a few! For me I guess it's day 43. I don't really count them anymore so it's kind of cool to look at the calendar just now and realize how much time I have!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Checking in..congrats to all of the milestones...terrific accomplishments. I'm not really sure what day I am at...I think 45??? I don't count either. It makes me think too much.

Troy, glad to hear you are doing well. I love cleaning. I feel so much better when organized. The problem in my house is that I have allowed my whole family to do nothing because I always glean for them..big mistake, huge mistake!!!

Retread, glad to hear your new. Entire is going well so far..best of luck

JL ..hope the kids are feeling better. Xo

I was home from work yesterday with pink eye (gross). I work with young kids so its easy to catch lots of stuff. I'm pretty immune by this point in my career though. I also had a 5 year old vomit on me last month (grosser). I'm too old for this..four more years to til I can retire!!!!

Have a great day all xo
Old 10-09-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I just want em to keep adding up and keep moving forward in my recovery. I'm so blessed to have all of you and SR...(((Hug)))!!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Patricia I'm glad you're fog better (hug)! We are here for you!
Retread good to hear from you! I'm glad you had a good day!
Love hoops days counting don't matter. I do it cause it helps me but everybody's different. You're doing great! (Hug) Hope your pink eye gets better soon!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts.
Not better. I'm psycho from losing sleep night after night. Nothing nice to say. Shutting up.
Working in a haze
Old 10-09-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Think about if bottling up will help you JL, this is a safe place to share whatever you are going thru. We've all been there....

Day 15! I'm daring to believe that good things will happen today!
Old 10-09-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Congrats key, retread, and love hoops on milestones! (Sorry about that pink eye too, LH....)

I'm already starting to think about my trip next week and what I'll tell coworkers about being a non-drinker. I'll allow myself enough thinking about it to have a plan, and no more than that. I won't obsess or worry about their reaction or their thoughts. My sobriety is mine to protect and I won't let peer pressure or the thought of being judged get in my way.

Xo
Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a tough time JL (hug)
Hey Kitty!
Morning All!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Positivity is the only way to go...it's the only way to get there. It's the first step that connects all the other things I do in a day to continue on this journey of being a recovering alcoholic. Ive admitted it, Ive surrendered to it, Ive accepted it (big pill there), Ive turned it over to the HP. All the days there after are putting it all back together differently and I am open for it everyday!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Thank you Key, I really needed this today. feeling a bit overwhelmed today...
Old 10-09-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I hope it gets better..I wish it would for you ((Patricia))
Old 10-09-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Patricia...hash it out with us...don't drink to it...