Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers

Ken, hoping only for the best for your brother.

Babs, welcome back and glad to hear you’re doing well.

Gilmer, HUGE congrats on 2 years.

Been overwhelmed with teaching this fall and finally emerging from midterm grading. Struggling with anxiety and depression, but faking it till I make it.

Big love to all Marchers!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers,

I haven't caught up on the thread yet but hope to soon, I have been -- literally -- flat on my back for four days in pretty severe pain. In the process of lifting a lettuce leaf onto a sandwich (would you believe) my back went into a spasm and I've been in horrid pain since.

I have so much sympathy for people with chronic back pain!

Physio, heat and a prescription from the doctor have helped enormously, I feel I've turned a corner today.

Thinking of all of you, I've missed you all. I'll be back when I can sit up more.

Mr Marcher, Mum and friends have been wonderful, we've been flooded with help. Love to you all.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

(((Marcher)))! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been in such pain but good to hear that you are cared for so well. Sending gentle hugs and wishes for pain to go away very soon!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((Marcher))) I wondered what was going on with you as you normally check in daily. I do hope your back resolves itself soon.

(((North))) lovely to see you, though sorry to hear you have been struggling. I hope you soon don't have to fake it any longer. X

Happy Hump Day all x
Old 11-18-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Marcher

D
Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

North, I'm happy to see you and hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-18-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

North!!!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, but it is wonderful to see you. I don't live as far north as you, but I hat had sad even in San Diego. And Ohio is a tad bit more seasonal on the seasonal affective disorder than Cali. Big hugs.

Gilmer, did someone say you have 2 years?? Wooohoooooo!! Congrats gilmergrrrrl!

Marcher, sorry to hear about your back and glad you are on the mend. I found that a lunchbox size ice pack is pretty nice on the back. I'd pull it out at lunchtime and stick it behind me on the chair... Hope you keep feeling better.

I've been kind of in and out, not a whole lot to say. The c thing triggered five days of pretty awful flashbacks, but they are gone. We wish him well, but we are staying out of his way. He tried to talk to j the other night, with a 40 in his hand at our doorstep, and j said nope and went inside. Then he texted her something to the effect of no one cares when the chips are down. I texted back a quick message that we care about him very much but I can't watch him die. we have been nothing but consistent and he knows the rules.

So not really any good stuff to report, I like reporting good stuff. Oh wait, here's something good...

Who's got 999 days and is coming to the end of day 1000? If I did my math right.... This girl! So I'll take it. Guess there always a silver lining somewhere, if you look for it.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Woohoo!!! 1000 days!! WeHave that is immense isn't it! What a great number, I can't wait to claim mine. I'm sorry I must have missed your post about C lapsing, what a shame for you all. It is heartbreaking to know we can only stand by and watch while someone we care about self destructs. You did more than most, and everything in your power, I wish you peace with your thoughts now. I take it no house news?

Marcher I hope the back is easing. My mom had that a couple of times now it is horrendously painful. Having had chronic back pain for years when I as overweight and unfit I can empathise to some degree.

Budd hon how's your brother doing? It must be hard hearing that prognosis.

Hey Trachy how's things with you?

Sass what's your weather like?

North what age have you been teaching? I bet your prisoners were better behaved!

Babs how are you doing?

Duff it was great to see you pop in.

I am off to the folks tomorrow for a fleeting pre Xmas visit back Sunday all is well with me just now, been busy at work, our bosses are retiring so have sold to a younger couple of guys who oversee a group of small practices. Hopefully any changes will be positive ones. It was funny to watch the reactions ( in some cases total over reactions) of some of the staff. I just took it all in my stride. No point worrying til you have something to worry about right?
Old 11-18-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missed your post North - hope to see you around some more & hope the blues lift

Congrats on 100 days wehav

hi Toots

D
Old 11-19-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
North!!!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, but it is wonderful to see you. I don't live as far north as you, but I hat had sad even in San Diego. And Ohio is a tad bit more seasonal on the seasonal affective disorder than Cali. Big hugs.

Gilmer, did someone say you have 2 years?? Wooohoooooo!! Congrats gilmergrrrrl!

Marcher, sorry to hear about your back and glad you are on the mend. I found that a lunchbox size ice pack is pretty nice on the back. I'd pull it out at lunchtime and stick it behind me on the chair... Hope you keep feeling better.

I've been kind of in and out, not a whole lot to say. The c thing triggered five days of pretty awful flashbacks, but they are gone. We wish him well, but we are staying out of his way. He tried to talk to j the other night, with a 40 in his hand at our doorstep, and j said nope and went inside. Then he texted her something to the effect of no one cares when the chips are down. I texted back a quick message that we care about him very much but I can't watch him die. we have been nothing but consistent and he knows the rules.

So not really any good stuff to report, I like reporting good stuff. Oh wait, here's something good...

Who's got 999 days and is coming to the end of day 1000? If I did my math right.... This girl! So I'll take it. Guess there always a silver lining somewhere, if you look for it.
Major congrats WeHav
Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS on 1000 days, We!!! That is awesome
Old 11-19-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

1000!!!!! Way to go.
Marcher, hope you're feeling better.
North, glad to see you stop by.

Brother is seeing the oncologist Monday to see about starting treatment

All is going well in buddville right now, Zippy got new shoes yesterday.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

We, huge congrats on 1000 days - wow! Sorry to hear about C but I support you in keeping your boundaries.

Toots, I enjoy your hard-won wisdom that you so generously share with us :-)

Budd, hope the new shoes keep Zippy warm this winter
How are Jezz and Max doing?

Weather is cooler but still beautiful. I'm working hard on diet and exercise and doing T'ai Chi for balance so I can put off graduating (?) to a walker
Old 11-19-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Holy crap you guys---I had a apt this morning and it was at 7:30 this morning --well, we had our first snow fall along with the wind. I'm coming up to some stop lights and I couldn't stop---slide right thru the intersection---thank the lord the other ones at the lights saw me in trouble and didn't pull out. Boy, that got my heart racing.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

How you doing, babs? Yikes I hate near misses! I had that happen on ice a couple years ago, I hadn't seen the black ice and I slid a good 20 feet. No fun. Just relax, don't jerk the wheel roll with it.

Toots, funny you should ask about he house front. Been pretty discouraging. Still not getting enough action on our house a guy really liked it last week, but his mom didn't like the neighborhood. It's a beautiful little house on the edge of the historic district bordering the blighted part of town. The house across the street is boarded up. That seems to really be hurting us.

But we just got some really good news from our agent! Looks like the deal on the house we want fell through, they want to accept our offer! If all goes well, we close right after the holidays!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad nothing bad happened Babs - hows everything else going?

D
Old 11-19-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Yikes, Babs! Glad you're ok. I'm still having issues with my recent accident but it's getting better everyday.

We, fingers crossed for a smooth closing! I was going to suggest putting in a backup offer -- offers fall through all the time. So excited for you & J!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Yeah duff, they got two offers the day I saw the place. I had asked j if she and m wanted to put an offer in Sunday (I worked and couldn't go to viewing). J was t comfortable with that until I saw it Monday. In those 24 hours, they got two offers. We put in a really good one in hopes they'd take into account that we saw it first but they waited for me. Nope. But we did get accepted as backup offer and all parties signed. It's a couple thousand over the asking price which is kind of crazy here but it's completely renovated inside and on a great street. Hence the three offers when only on market three days.

Soooo... Fingers crossed and prayers it's right for us. It sure feels right. When we saw the place, it just felt right. Then they had a bench out back with someone's name on it. Same name as my nephew. Then I saw the height wall they had. One of the names is my niece! We thought it was for us after that, and were so super bummed we didn't get it.

Fingers crossed extra!
Old 11-19-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

We, that sounds super! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

(((Babs))), that sounds so scary - glad you are ok!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Ken is it winter boots Zippy got?? Fingers crossed for your brother.

Babs I aquaplaned once and another time took a roundabout sideways on ice. Totally scary, hope you have got over the shock!

Hi Duff!

WeHave that is fantastic news. Is there a chance you could rent yours out short term if you are having trouble selling? X

Hi Dee,

Hugs all xx