Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-01-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Thursday.

I hope y'all in the northeast will get the needed rain and none of the bad stuff.

Yep, can definitely put a different spin on the day if one realizes the clean undies drawer is empty.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Just want to shout out a BIG CONGRATS to our fellow classmate Mark for making it one year sober!! Nice work buddy! Major accomplishment. Proud to be part of your journey. Enjoy your day and do something good for yourself. 8)
Old 10-01-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

One year, Mark! That's incredible. I'm sure you are well aware of the payoffs.

BD - good luck with all the rain. I hear we are in for similar storms this winter with our El Niņo coming. I will just be grateful for water. It's rather humbling having to flush toilets with buckets of used bath water.

Weird energy in the house this morning. Everyone just seems more awake and alert than usual. Strange.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-01-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I hope California gets enough rain to really replenish the deficit, but not enough for mud slides. Have a great day.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congrats Mark!!! And congrats to everyone still here, working away. What an inspiring and resilient group!

Popeye, I hope you're feeling much better very soon. And I'm glad to see you here.

What a week this has been! Wearing the new step-parent hat and balancing work responsibilities along with family needs is just wild. Tonight should be quieter for me. And the guys are going to the hunting lease this weekend while I go dress shopping with my mom and sister. Some girl time is much-needed so I'm looking forward to it.
Check yall later!!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Mark, on an amazing one year of sobriety.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
I hope California gets enough rain to really replenish the deficit, but not enough for mud slides. Have a great day.
Amen.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Be careful, BD! I hope the storm spares you any drama, but just brings some needed water. Not sure if we will have a worrisome impact here. I am getting some alerts from my local "Patch" news, but they seem to be a bit alarmist. I need to check some reliable news on it.

LOL, Briar, you have me in stitches between the undies, cardboard tortillas and what happens if I eat 12 grams of fiber in one meal? Well, all I will say is that I CAN answer that last question!

Mark, HUGE congratulations on a year!! And that goes out to all of you celebrating a year!

You sound really solid Arbor!

I am feeling good. Being on a fitness and health routine with some structure and accountability to others(in addition to here) has added to my tool box. I hear the AV talking loud today. Aww, you have been so good all week! It is Thursday, grab a a bottle. Back on track tomorrow. Just one day. No big deal. But it will be a big deal. I have worked so hard this week, eating really well, exercising, and doing some extra walks, etc... I would ruin it, because I would feel crappy tomorrow and not eat so well or do the exercise and ruin today, because it would go over my calorie limits. I would be polluting my body with toxins and undoing any healing and good.

So, putting in some hard work makes it more of a consequence, personally, if I slip.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

We are getting some alerts here, too, phoebe; the ground is pretty well saturated from the past few days of heavy rainfall so any significant rainfall from Joaquin could be problematic from a flooding standpoint.

Tell that AV of yours that he doesn't stand a chance so he can just slither away now.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Awesome Mark! Conquest, when you get a minute we'd love to hear updates on your exciting plans.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

One of my girls likes to watch this show where lady's try to pick out a wedding dress. Not kidding. There is a whole tv program about it!

Conquest, it took a little time, but I love my stepdad very much. Your little fella is very lucky to have you in his life.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Say yes to the dress!!! I love that show too!
I'm trying to steer clear of the Bridezilla label. And everyone keeps saying, "Whatever you want!" But then they add their opinion. It's kinda funny. There's a part of me that just wants to elope when noone's looking. Cowboy is down for anything and just wants to get it done so that we can finally be in one home. But instead of eloping, it looks like this December in my church's historic, quaint little chapel. And we'll have a small reception afterwards. We're keeping it close, with only family and chosen family/close friends, so about 40 people. I'm excited, nervous, overwhelmingly happy... Trying my best to stay relaxed and enjoy the planning process. I could go on about it all evening, really. Lol

And thank you for the encouragement, Mark. This little guy doesn't realize what a chunk of my heart he has stolen already. I'd do anything for that cutie... Including stopping at Walmart on the way home for a pack of new undies when the laundry basket is overflowing! I cracked up at Briar's post because that just happened to us last week. Glad we're not the only ones.

What's everyone else up to tonight?
And good morning, Venus!
Old 10-01-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Weddings are BIG business Mark. There are tons of shows devoted to weddings.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Sounds great Conquest. We are very happy for you! Don't let it make you crazy, LOL.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm glad your having a proper wedding Conquest. I know so many people that just want to elope or do something down at the town hall. Looking back on it the planning was the best part. Being a destination wedding it was fun going back and forth up to the Cape to pick stuff out. Turned out to be one of the best days of our lives because we designed and created the whole thing from scratch. So when people say you only do it once, it's true. Make it your special day.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks, Arbor!!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

That chapel sounds nice Conquest. Gotta admit that eloping wold have been fine with me, but I think it's really more the bride's call.

Running out of clean undies is funny unless it's something you discover just as you're rushing to dress for work. Some have been known to resort to a pair of boxers with Santa Clauses all over them in such a circumstance.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

The chapel does sound nice Conquest. I got married in my parent's yard. My Dad was already gone and his brother walked me down the "aisle" (steps, LOL). The caterers moved most of the furniture into the garage and the first floor became a reception hall complete with dance floor and tent outside. It was also perfect weather. It was small and special.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

That sounds beautiful, BD! And that's "the feel" I'm looking for... cozy and personable.
It's barely after 9 and I'm too tired to hold my tablet up. Have a lovely night, yall! And thanks (as always) for the company.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I, too, am glad that you are having a special wedding, Conquest. Your wedding day will be the first of many memorable days in your marriage.