Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-16-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good to see you Venus! I have all those shows and more waiting for me. I picked up a bunch of new ones, plus all the old favorites. Told my DH I will have to quit my job, stay home and watch TV all day. We'd starve, but I'd be caught up. Feel better and keep talking hun.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks V, of course now I'm ready to change the avatar . There are so many cute Halloween ones!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I'm glad you shared Venus. And I know there are bigger, better things ahead for you. Life will absolutely get better for you.

It should get better over here soon cuz I just got a shot and some antibiotics for this crud I'm dealing with. I took the rest of the afternoon off soooo nap time!

Have a great start to the weekend everybody!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Conquest.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Dearest, sweetest, Venuscat - I am so sorry for all that you have been going through; it really is too much for one person at one time.

Something better awaits you, venus - of that I have no doubt.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Feel better, Conquest.

Hello to all the Octsobers - what beautiful love and support you give to each other.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Feel better Conquest. A shot? Lordy!

Good luck tonight Mark with your guests.

I'm really glad you got it all out in the open V and that you now feel better. I've realized lately that the more people you have around in your corner the better off your gonna be. Maybe being a proud guy I've always wanted to deal with things on my own. Heck, I work alone most days, some days never speaking to a single soul. Keeping things pent up ain't the way to go. I feel a lot stronger now letting folks in and I love it when I can actually help another.

Was a good day. Patched up a much needed business relationship at work. Was stressful to have, but I had it coming. Just didn't know it was going to be today. Surprise, surprise. 8)

Pizza and salad tonight. Looking forward to not making dinner!

So Let's kick this weekend into gear with some fresh Hojicha! Maybe I'll add a few drops of lemon oil cause it's a Friday! Boom!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hello my lovelies.

Well, it took me two days to do four hours' walking, but part one is done. I guess I'll get my strength back bit by bit...

Sorry that you're sick darling Conquest. Hope the shot and antibiotics helped.

That's great that you got the work issue sorted Arbor.
And pizza and salad huh, you're good. Don't think I've ever had a salad with a pizza.

And Leigh, you're a HUGE part of the support factor in this group. We adopted you a long time ago...we love you. You are such a kind, compassionate and wise woman...thank you for being here with us.

Hope the night's going well Mark...

Coffee and toast and the meeting for me.

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 10-16-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes. I've got pretty severe asthma, so he gave me a steroid shot that is already making a difference. Unfortunately, it's making me pretty jittery tonight. Hopefully that will wear off soon. It may be a long night though. Lol
Trying to relax with a huge pot of chicken tortilla soup. It's super easy:
Simmer 1-2 lbs. chopped chicken with 2 boxes of chicken broth, a can of green chiles & tomatoes, a can of enchilada sauce, a can of chili beans, and a bag of frozen mixed veggies for about 20-30 minutes. Top with cilantro and crushed tortilla chips. Dinner for daaaays.

Take it easy, one little step at a time Venus. It's hard, but you'll heal faster that way. (Telling myself the same thing right now)
Old 10-16-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Trying to relax with a huge pot of chicken tortilla soup. It's super easy:
Simmer 1-2 lbs. chopped chicken with 2 boxes of chicken broth, a can of green chiles & tomatoes, a can of enchilada sauce, a can of chili beans, and a bag of frozen mixed veggies for about 20-30 minutes. Top with cilantro and crushed tortilla chips. Dinner for daaaays.
Super easy? You lost me at simmer chopped chicken...really....is this cooked chicken? Because there is no way I will touch raw chicken...which tells you pretty clearly that I will not be able to make this.

Glad it's helping you to feel better though, and it sounds yummy.

I have asthma too, and I know Leigh can relate...glad the steroid shot helped. Hope you are fast asleep with a smile now.

Hope your day is going well Briar...I miss you. ♥
Old 10-17-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Saturday.

All the Octsober team is sounding good and that makes a good start to my day. The soup sounds good to me Conquest. I need to try lemon oil as well. Great to see you back V.

Last evening was nice with everyone gathering here for introductions/ice breaking before heading out to dinner. We had some nice conversation over a great meal (roasted duck for me). One person had one glass of wine. We then gathered back at my place for dessert of caramel cake and coffee out on the back patio. The weather is beautiful and I had it all lit up and nice back there. Lots of laughter and more conversation.

Early start today as we'll be traveling for a college football game and meeting up with my friend there. No gym time and I don't like that but unavoidable.

Time to get breakfast started and get this day rolling. Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Honest, sober laughter is arguably the best thing on the planet. It sounds like a really fun night, Mark. And topping it off with caramel cake?! Perfection.

Venus, I hear ya on the raw meat thing. The recipe is a friend's. She originally used canned chicken. And it was great. If you do that, all you'll have to do is pop open the cans and dump it into a pot. And I'm not kidding when I say dinner for daaaaays, very budget-friendly. I'm looking for ways to hang onto any spare penny I can right now.

Feeling about the same, but without the gonna-jump-out-of-my-skin jitters from that shot. it's been about 5 years since I've had something like this so I really shouldn't complain. And I'm glad I've got a day at home to rest. My goal is to get invitations done and to make sure my couch doesn't go anywhere.

Happy sober Saturday folks! Good stuff
Old 10-17-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober today and just back from a long walk. Busy today so posting my gems of wisdom (haha!) will have to wait until later.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Chicken Tortilla is one of my favorite soups!

I have a question for the fitness tracker people-is it useful if you cannot synch it to your phone? I have a Blackberry (work phone that they allow personal use on) and NOTHING works with it. Will it track my steps on the device itself?
Old 10-17-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hey BD! Fitbit trackers come with a dongle for the pc. You can sync that way just the same. (I'm such a nerd cuz that word makes me laugh every time.)
Old 10-17-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Slow night around here, but laundry is almost done. Just thinking of yall! I'll be off to bed soon, hoping that I wake up and this crud is gone. The weather is gorgeous and I hate missing out.
Stay well, everyone!
Old 10-17-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hope you wake up feeling better love. ♥

Old 10-17-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Heh heh, dongle...I can't even think it with a straight face either.

Tortilla soup sounds killer! I'll have to run it by my husband who is seriously pickier than a toddler.

I had a great day! Long walk, then baby girl's swim lesson, then her friend's birthday party in the park where I had a brilliant time chatting with the other moms, then my friend came over and gave us massages. And I got 22,000 steps. Living the life! Of course, everything seems over the top awesome at the moment because...crazy! Woo hoo! I will pay for this eventually, but no matter.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and that our sick folks are on the mend. My daughter and I are sacked out in the fort tonight which apparently has become a weekend tradition. Fine with me, forts are rad!

Best to you guys!
Old 10-18-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!

Never heard of a dongle.

Yesterday was all about college football and it was nice to be back on campus on such a gorgeous autumn day. While in the stadium I recalled some of the drunken escapades that occurred there when I was a young buck. Until yesterday, I don't know that I've ever been there completely sober.

It was fun to give my daughter a tour of my old stomping grounds around campus. It's funny how so many memories came flooding back like it was yesterday and yet it seems like it was someone else's life I was remembering. Interesting.

My gym has changed ownership and is no longer 24/7 access. I can't get in until noon today. Guy of routine that I am, this has my day feeling off. Early morning weekend workouts have been part of what keeps my mind straight. For today, I shall distract myself by preparing a large breakfast for everyone. Time to get this quiet house smelling like coffee and biscuits.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Checking in...busy weekend. Pumpkin patch with the fam yesterday followed with a nice lunch with my mother in law. Slow cooked ribs on the grill for dinner. A first for me done that way. New recipe!

This morning headed to the farm to pick up some fresh cider donuts. Great fall weather here.

Happy Sunday!