Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 4

Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Day 38

I have a lot i could say. But im so exhausted. Goodnight.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Illuminate,

This is a huge step...you can do it, hang in there. I read "Find your feelings? Don't worry they'll find you"> It's so true! I never asked to feel anything but man did it ever come rushing back in. Just remember to pause..Pause before you act or react. Take a second and let it process. Picking your battles is a good thing. Asking yourself if it'll matter in the long run. You probably already do this stuff, but it helps to have someone else just reinforce what you're thinking. This site is about recovery and supporting in each others recovery and being kind to each other. There are great people here who do care and will offer their advice. Lots of people here who have much more experience than I do and I certainly don't try to project I know more than anyone. Keep reaching out until someone hears you! ((Hug))! You're doing great although you may not feel like it. We all have to deal with life again...sometimes it sucks.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Day 13 here. I'm dealing with some really tough stuff with my girlfriend right now, and I can't deny it's because I'm not drinking and am forcing myself to deal with my feelings instead. I'm not sure if we'll get through this, nor am I sure I want us to. I just don't really know. But at the very least, I do know that drinking isn't going to solve anything, and getting through this is probably going to be a huge step in my recovery.
Illuminate, sending you support and good wishes. Hang in there....feeling can be a tricky business, but what is the alternative? I guess all of us know that, and know that isn't the path
Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
Day 38

I have a lot i could say. But im so exhausted. Goodnight.
Take care of yourself, Kinzoku!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Day 28 today--4 weeks! Feeling good, although super tired. Mondays are always tiring, but this last one was a doozey. 5 hours of meeting and taught a 3 hour seminar. But, here I am, up (if a little sleepy) ready to take on the day.

Have a beautiful day, my friends!

PS: Fricka, apparently a lot of teenagers don't do FB because there are too many of us old folks on it. If that isn't the death nail, I don't know what will be. I agree, too, about 400 "friends." As I get older, I find while I have a lot of acquaintances, I am really cultivating just a few close friendships.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 weeks, Matilda!

The best thing about Facebook is, for me, the groups. I get a lot of information from various groups I'm a member of (gardening, fans of specific sports teams, my kids school, local events, etc), however I almost never post anything there, only read, b/c I hate how on Facebook all your friends can see everything you post or "like". And it's not as if I would post anything inappropriate, more like "anyone know what this bug is on my lime tree?" but I am a very private person and don't enjoy feeling like my every move on Facebook is out there for people to see.

Today is my Day 36 and I'm feeling pretty good. Not too much else to report. Have a nice day, guys.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I like FB! I have a lot of family that live out of state and I get to keep up with them there...I have more than my fair share of friends (because I used to be a singer in the central part of the United States and people kept up with me through FB) but no I don't know all of them...some yes, as they followed me to shows. I don't much care what other people are up to and never have wanted to keep up with the Jones' so to speak. Guess it's all in what you like. I don't think I would care much for Snap Chat or Kik. I tried Twitter, but as of right now not a huge fan of that to date. Some things are for the younger people and I'll leave them to it..lol
Old 10-06-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

On the facebook thing. I have an account but don't read it that much anymore. For whatever reason it usually brings me down.

Started today off with my usual prayer and meditation and then a walk around the park. I have not had much exercise in recent years so walking is all I can muster right now. I'm amazed my knees are allowing it. It sure was beautiful out there this morning. I work from home and spend most of my time in my house alone. I did go to an AA meeting yesterday, it was ok. I also went to another meeting last night that wasn't AA and it was ok as well. Nothing great but at least I got out. Nothing real exciting and no drama either for me right now which is good for me. 21 days sober and feeling surprisingly well right now.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I've stopped counting days and it seems they are flying by. I am the stage now where it's a bit like being on a diet. It's often a pleasant surprise to check your weight every week or two as opposed to daily. I hope to check my day total infrequently and hope for nice numbers.

I'm looking forward to sleeping, sleeping well and looking forward to getting up. I'm hitting the gym with renewed vigour and am now running again with no problems (fingers crossed). Work is meh but work is work. I'm losing fat and my self-esteem is rocketing. Why would I ever want to drink again? Yet it's still there, deep in my soul. It raises it head, less frequently than before, but with the same intensity. It happened yesterday for a micro-second.

Everything was going well then suddenly a massive positive image of drinking appeared suddenly in my thoughts. The regret at sadly ignoring it was almost physically painful. I guess I just have to get used to these "kick in the stomach" moments.

All in all its morning and I'm feeling fantastic and up for another day.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Our "family " is scattered around the world. I would miss out on the kids growing up. I am a grandmother, so I guess the lil old lady statement applies. I do not post negativity, drama or boo hoo stories. It's not all glory stories....and I don't feel "less" by anyone's postings. I saw an app on Steve Harvey that a mom designed. It locks their cellphone up, able to dial 911 and home. That's it. Kid out past curfew and not answering their phone. Tap an app.......you or the cops, take your choice. I personally LOVE IT. Teenager here not allowed to leave the house without a phone on him. He has to earn the money to pay that bill ($30 bus a mo). Fail to pay your bill...you can't go anywhere. Parental unit calls and you either don't answer or call back in five minutes....(driving, pull over. At a friends dinner table, excuse yourself and call). Etc. Failure to do your chores or schoolwork, phone is confiscated. He's a good kid. We aim to keep him that way.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey all - didn't mean to set off a debate on Facebook. I just know for me it's a negative force and needs to go out with door with the substance of alcohol. I would do the two things together, posting outrageous things and thinking was I was clever at the time, waking up the next day and cringing.

I have some good news healthwise - I got the clear from the doctor and it's not what I was worried about (breast cancer). I live to fight another day!

I have to be honest with myself - I felt happy and thrilled much of the day but as the day wore on, my energy drained from me and I just felt tired. The idea of a "celebratory drink" entered my mind and didn't leave my mind fora while. I am annoyed with this.

I did not drink; I took a shower and then a short nap, as the fatigue was getting to me and I wasn't thinking straight anyway.

I don't know if I can do this day in and day out, but I "did it" for today. Sorry to be a downer, but it's just tiredness and everything...
Old 10-06-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Juno that's awesome! And you just gave us something to talk about..lol
Old 10-06-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad for your good news Juno

D
Old 10-06-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Day 13 here. I'm dealing with some really tough stuff with my girlfriend right now, and I can't deny it's because I'm not drinking and am forcing myself to deal with my feelings instead. I'm not sure if we'll get through this, nor am I sure I want us to. I just don't really know. But at the very least, I do know that drinking isn't going to solve anything, and getting through this is probably going to be a huge step in my recovery.

Good luck illum

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
My daughter will be 15 in a few months. She hates facebook and it seems that her generation is more into Twitter and Instagram. She says that facebook is for bored old ladies...ha! BUT I never even thought of trying to snoop through her stuff. Should I? .
From what you wrote about her, no. She is entitled to her privacy and you absolutely should trust her, until she gives you reason not to.

Aw man, the rest of my multiquotes didn't work...can't think of what else I wanted to say now. Damn.

Anyway, my kid has KIK and before she got it, the rule we had was it was to be left signed in and mum can read any of the conversations any time she wants, and she's NOT allowed to send pics of vids of herself no matter what all her friends are doing.

It's very interesting to read what all her friends talk about I must say!

Congrats to those hitting milestones and having another sober day under their belt
Old 10-06-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Congrats Juno. That's a scary wait time. Kudos on traveling that road sober.
Spent most the afternoon getting the security cameras up and running. Not a techie, but I could play one today!
Long day at work tomorrow. Physical work, which I love. I will be beat and victorious when done. Our 33rd wedding anniversary is this weekend. Mr. 3 and I will be staying close to home. Sweet tea to celebrate. We are going to a cupcake fundraiser on Sunday. Our donation is caramel lava cupcakes! Yum. Great fellowship as well. Strangely, I'm looking forward to an event I would normally donate to but not attend. Interfered with my wine time.
Hoping there's a beautiful Wednesday had by all. Catch ya when I come up for air.
Blessings and hugs all around.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Why would I ever want to drink again? Yet it's still there, deep in my soul. It raises it head, less frequently than before, but with the same intensity. It happened yesterday for a micro-second. Everything was going well then suddenly a massive positive image of drinking appeared suddenly in my thoughts.
Nice work Midton. Glad things are going well. It always surprises me what the AV can come up with. Put the tools to the test.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Happy for you Juno.

My mother actually has breast cancer, refused a mastectomy, underwent radiation treatment and is totally cancer free 30 years later.

Glad you has the courage to get it checked.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 15.

Don't know why, but feel like I may have turned a little corner. Feel like if I were offered a drink I would actually refuse. This is a big thing for me. Up until today, I'd grab with both hands.

Happy Wednesday to all.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Day 10 begins. It is a bit harder the last few days. I'm fighting my AV. However I'm loving this non drunk feeling!!! That's what keeps me from folding. I'm praying I will stay the course.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hi Memra
Congrats on 21 days!