Well done Aussie! Congrats!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done Aussie! Congrats!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Just catching up a little. I am in my last REALLY busy work week of the year, and still have lots to do for the remaining year as well.

I went 2 days/nights without booze this week, proving that I can stop while on my ADs. I talked with the doc, who said the increased risk is for seizure, if I am prone to it, which I am not. Last night I had 2 drinks, and I can tell a difference today. I'm better without it. I'll try to go another 2-3 nights. I'm approaching this, and life in general, a lot differently this time. The kids are gone, and its time to hunker down and get back to my own health and concerns. Time to re-focus. I'm trying to take the approach of quitting as a gain rather than a loss. And to not focus on the quitting, but the gain. A more positive approach.

My wife is also approaching, or in, the throes of menopause, and her own drinking has increased quite a bit. This also makes me understand and believe that I'd better get my head on straight. She's been the ship's captain for quite a while, and it's time I take the helm. It's not a bad thing, and our marriage is going pretty well in our empty nest years. I just need to re-direct our focus and goals on approaching and preparing for retirement, and be more goal-oriented and soberly focused. "Soberly" sounds like such a serious word; almost stalwart and stoic. I don't want it to be such. I want it to be fun, productive and rewarding. So, that is what I'll make it.

Happy holidays, love and peace to all. Get through the concerns of the moment, and keep on the true and happy path. And, yes, as PBC says, God is in control.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Way to go on 3 months, Aussie!!

Nothing new here..just getting ready for a couple xmas parties...planning, buying decos and gifts, etc. Busy but fun.

Best of luck to you, Lofty. I still recommend Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Quit Drinking". It's similar to what you're talking about with the positive thinking.

Have a great week, all!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Aussie

Hi Lofty and mirage

D
Old 12-02-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
orangutan

Great to see you Lofty, I hope you didn't see my earlier post to Mirage on menopause , I didn't want to frighten her and I don't want to frighten you either but it is a tough time for both husband and wife. I hope you both have an easy time of it. I am also glad to hear your still trying to stop drinking .

Nice to see some posts today , when I checked in I expected my post to still be the last.

Hi Dee isn't it a fun time in Auss at the moment , last night I could have touched the sky it was that low and black before the storm .

Take care my Marchers.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

hi Marchers---I've been sober for a couple of weeks now and still going to AA.
I just got back yesterday from my sister's and had a very nice time. She doesn't drink and is so proud of me for not drinking. She said it was nice to have her sister back! I almost cried but, held back the tears. It's funny how people see you different when you are drinking and you of course don't think you have changed at all---Well, just proud to be a part of the Marchers and going to do my best to stay sober. Hugs to all of you
Babs
Old 12-03-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like a long hot summer ahead Aussie

Glad to hear from you Babs

D
Old 12-07-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congrats on your hard work, Babs! What a nice thing to hear from your sister. Keep on keepin on!
Old 12-07-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
orangutan

Well done on staying sober Babs , I am glad you had a nice visit with your sister, it makes it so much easier when your around other non drinkers. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
orangutan

100 DAYS

Old 12-09-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the encouragement.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Aussie

no worries Babs

D
Old 12-14-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

That's great, aussie! Keep it up, girl!

Old 12-17-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
orangutan

So the school holidays have begun how I hate this time of year. I will be very busy with work , the days and nights are hot and I just drag myself around through the whole of summer with out any energy and live in fear of storms. I have Christmas day off from work and apart from that it is flat out.
Dreaming of winter.

o.k. so I am whinging and that will tell you I am alright. LOL.

I will wish you all a very merry Christmas now just in case you don't pop in for a while.

DAY 109 love to my March Mates.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL roll on February Aussie

D
Old 12-21-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hang in there, aussie! Ok, so I've been hearing about these kids on holiday for a few years now and I don't quite get it. So is it summer break for them? Like are they off for the winter and it just so happens to coincide with Christmas? Our colleges go from Aug or Sept to April or May, then they are off for our summer. So it's the same there except the months and seasons are different?

Both of my xmas parties are over, hooray! lol That was fun, now get out! And I got wine and Baileys! Ok, so I guess some people don't know I don't drink. I should probably say something. They just don't know I abused it so they don't know I quit. Anyway, they were fun and all went well. Took the family to see Star Wars yesterday, so fun. Wore my SW shirt and my c3po necklace from 1977! haha. Still have it! You a fan, Dee? It was good, enjoyed it. Even teared up a bit a few times. That opening with the music really got me. lol Nerd alert!

So now we'll do xmas eve with my folks and my bro and sis and then xmas day will just be us hangin out. It's gonna feel a little anticlimactic after all this activity. Hope you all enjoy the holiday.. and stay away from the spiked nog!!
:
Old 12-21-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
orangutan

School breaks up here for the summer/ Christmas holidays for approx. 6 weeks .
I don't have any parties to do this year, and I am happy about that.
Christmas day will be spent with my parents and my brother in law
( he will be staying with us for a week) nice guy and no trouble to have around, it will be a no fuss day cold ham and chicken , salads oysters and prawns .
I am not a fan of star wars so I don't think I will being going to see it but I have heard really good reviews.
No worries about staying away from the spiked nog , I have never tried nog in my life.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope both you guys have a great Christmas

D