Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 24

Old 10-09-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 40

Back from a nice break , we went down the coast to Coffs Harbour and stayed at the Aqualuna Beach Resort, we like Coffs because its only a couple of hours away and it has all the things we don't at home . We went to the movies a couple of times , Mirage we saw the Martian and we loved it , so glad you told me about it, we also saw Sicario, wow that was heavy but we loved it also. We done some shopping , ate way to much and just relaxed otherwise. I came home like a new woman.
Love to you all.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
orangutan

Happy Anniversary for the 21st Mirage!!!
How many years?
How about that our birthdays are the same month and our anniversaries.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I completely forgot to post about your anniversary as well mirage - oldtimers disease.

Hope you had a great one too

congrats on 40 days aussie

D
Old 10-11-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That sounds like such a wonderful trip, Aussie! And I love reading that you're happy.

It's supposed to be sunny and in the high 70's today - WOOT! I wish it could stay this way for the next 6 months. Or 6 years would be good, too.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No aus, the anniversary was 21 years, it was on the 8th of this month. haha Thanks all for the anniv. wishes! It hasn't been a breeze, that's for sure. We've worked hard at it and I'm very glad and thankful. We're in a great place.

I'm so glad you liked The Martian! Yay! I've heard good things about Sicario, the critics really like it. I love that good movies come out this time of year! Your trip sounds awesome, glad you're feeling good.

Scheduled for my lasik surgery tomorrow, let's hope he doesn't get sick and cancel again! I'm jittery, I have a nervous stomach; just want it over already. I'm sure it'll go fine.

Happy Monday, all!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was right, it went fine! haha My eyes are still very dry and kinda irritated, but I can see! What a bizarre procedure. Very sci-fi/Bionic Man like. Seriously weird. The valium they gave me helped ease the jitters and didn't last long so it was perfect. I came home and went to bed for about 3 hours and then stayed in bed with the goggles on till the next morning. I have a regimin of eye drops for at least a week and I go back in in a week to get checked. Just thought I'd update ya'll! Weather is cool and crisp and the leaves are close to peak. Beautiful! Big hugs to the Marchers and our Dee!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was glad to see that your surgery went well, Mirage! And that video you posted was completely hilarious.

I'm preaching at the Recovery Service on Sunday - looking forward to it! I'll be speaking on managing emotions from a Bible, Big Book, and psychology perspective. The hardest part was coming up with a title ... I ended up going with "Grouchy, Fearful, and Stressed ... OH MY! Coping with Emotions". Feel free to say a prayer for me!

I'm off to work now. Hugs all around!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad all went well mirage
Best wishes for Sunday PBC

Aussie, where the bl****y hell are ya?
D
Old 10-15-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
And I love reading that you're happy.
I am happy , I just feel really at peace at the moment , I hope this feeling lasts forever . Good luck for Sunday!!!!!
Mirage glad you got that surgery out of the way and it all went well.
Dee, I am putting another shrimp on the barby.

DAY 46 and all is well with Aussie!
Old 10-15-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL congrats on 46 days aussie - thats awesome

D
Old 10-21-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Aussie, that avatar is awesome! CUTE!

I'm home from work today with pinkeye. YUCK. I went to the doctor and got eye drops, and I can't wear my contacts for a week. So I'm lookin' dorky in my glasses. The cool thing is that I get to take a long nap this afternoon and no one is home to wake me.

The last time I stayed home sick from work was the week after I quit drinking in September of '13 ... and I was on suicide watch for the week with 24/7 babysitting by my family. That was the worst, hardest week I remember ever living through. I'll take pinkeye over that any day.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon PBC

D
Old 10-24-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hope your feeling better PBC.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

hi!!! I'm back after finally getting it together again. I was in the hospital last week for a big dose of alcohol. well, I did it again all right. I have a Dr. apt today. so, I will hear all about it again. I'm not looking forward to it. but, glad to be back.
Babs
Old 10-29-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Babs sorry to hear you landed in the hospital but glad you found your way back to SR, I hope you manage to stay off the booze .

DAY 60
Doing pretty well apart from mood swings , also the storms have really started to ramp up here and they are a huge trigger for me , I don't cope well at all, I am absolutely terrified in storms, I am sure one day I will have a heart attack during one my heart beats so hard while its going on , of course I know it's only a panic attack and try to convince myself of this but I struggle to calm down.
Otherwise all is good in Aussieland.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're well, Aussie. 60 days!! Well done! Ugh..storm season. I know you hate it. Hang in there.
Hope your eye is better, PBC!

Happy Halloween, all!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello, Marchers! I hope you all had a happy Halloween! (Do you celebrate Halloween in Australia? I have no clue.)

Yes, my eye is all better. I'm doing really well overall, actually ... eating well, getting regular exercise, enough sleep, lots of family time, and sober. I took on another sponsee, so now I am working with 3 people on a daily basis. Wow ... they weren't kidding when they said that it helps you stay sober to help other alcoholics! It really does. One of my girls has struggled a lot recently, and my focus is all on her instead of me. She's making it, and I am getting stronger by the day.

Aussie, congrats on all your sobriety! But I'm sorry about the storms. Anxiety attacks are awful ... I've been there. The things that help me most are to have my husband hold me and to concentrate on my breathing, knowing that it's a physical reaction and I'm going to be fine as soon as it stops.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Aussie !!

I'm sorry for your hospital stay but it's great to see you Babs...never ever give up, ok?

If you want help with a plan, let us know

Hi PBC - there's more and more kids out trick or treating each year, but we never did Halloween as kids here.

D
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in DAY 71

Really nice thing your doing PBC taking on 3 people , great job with your sobriety too.

We had a knock at the door this Halloween too and no goodies in the house , like Dee said more kids doing it here now so next year I had better have some supplies .

Getting ready for my Fathers 80th BDay this weekend lots of family arriving it will be the first time all my siblings will have been together at one time for years . NICE!!!!!

Mirage , Dave , Lofty , Bryan and Rosie hope your all well.

Dee how have you been in those storms , there have been some whoppers lately.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I do need a plan Dee