D
Old 09-27-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Glad your here Popeye. 8)
Old 09-27-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Checking in!
Congrats to Mish and TyDy!
Welcome to the newcomers! Lots of great ppl here! They will listen and offer help! Don't be afraid to participate.
Those struggling, hang in there. It will get easier just give yourself time and believe in yourself. Love yourself. Take a good look at yourself. You're stronger than you think you are!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Oh no!! I'm glad you're going to be ok!
I really badly tore 2 major tendons in my leg earlier in the summer and I still have a bit of an issue-4 months later
I was drinking when this happened as well, it was my first alcohol related injury, among many new firsts if I don't stop.....
Old 09-27-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I need to make a plan for my first urge. I'm at 8 days now, so it shouldn't be too long. I'm unable to workout, because my arm may split back open.

I'm thinking about walking, reading and posting on SR, go to an Outpatient Place.

Any Suggestions?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

1 week sober

Congratulations to everyone celebrating another 24 hours alcohol - free today! I don't comment every day but I come on SR every day to learn from all of you. Thank you for helping me get my "last first" 168 hours, or 1 week, sober!

God (my higher power) is showing me that I haven't loved myself, or at least parts of myself, since a child. I believe we addicts have been running from our feelings and neglecting ourselves for so long that the thought of loving self, relaxing, and healing is scary. You mean I actually am worth providing for? I'm worth taking care of? It's OKAY to feel my feelings instead of stuffing them or escaping from them?

So much is starting to come to light with sobriety. The unmet needs since childhood. Learning to be open to be loved.

Wow, alcohol was a black veil that has been lifted. And all this time I thought it was the cure.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SportsFan15 View Post
Congratulations to everyone celebrating another 24 hours alcohol - free today! I don't comment every day but I come on SR every day to learn from all of you. Thank you for helping me get my "last first" 168 hours, or 1 week, sober! God (my higher power) is showing me that I haven't loved myself, or at least parts of myself, since a child. I believe we addicts have been running from our feelings and neglecting ourselves for so long that the thought of loving self, relaxing, and healing is scary. You mean I actually am worth providing for? I'm worth taking care of? It's OKAY to feel my feelings instead of stuffing them or escaping from them? So much is starting to come to light with sobriety. The unmet needs since childhood. Learning to be open to be loved. Wow, alcohol was a black veil that has been lifted. And all this time I thought it was the cure.
Yes getting to know those inner childlike parts of you again is weird / interesting / cool isn't it?

Without the fog of alcohol day and night (3 weeks today for me) is allowing me to "enjoy" being me... Enjoying really simple things, like being really warm and snuggly in bed instead of throwing the duvet on and off all night because of the sweats. Or just liking my new headscarf today! Looking forward to a piece of smoked salmon for lunch.

There is a whole world out there for us that we barely noticed when under the influence...

Happy times everyone, stick with it, it's worth it : )))
Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Yes getting to know those inner childlike parts of you again is weird / interesting / cool isn't it?

Without the fog of alcohol day and night (3 weeks today for me) is allowing me to "enjoy" being me...
Enjoying really simple things, like being really warm and snuggly in bed instead of throwing the duvet on and off all night because of the sweats.
Or just liking my new headscarf today! Looking forward to a piece of smoked salmon for lunch.

There is a whole world out there for us that we barely noticed when under the influence...

Happy times everyone, stick with it, it's worth it : )))
So true Fuzzy. Thats one of the best feelings when waking up in bed warm instead of sweating.. That is the worst !
Old 09-28-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fruitymarzipan View Post
I feel horrendous, this is the worst detox iv ever done Oh I swear I can never go thru this again - surely il feel better soon please! Hope everyone else is having a better Sunday, its only 630pm and feels like midnight coz iv been up sine 430 or something!
Me too. I was shattered yesterday and said the same thing to my OH at about that time. Kids asked to go to bed at 8.15 and I wasn't that far behind them. Had a decent nights sleep for the first time in ages so feel ok this morning. I need to get back into exercising this week. I've been putting it off!

I've been really lucky in that not many people know about my problem. My immediate family know but outside of that no one knows. One thing that really does help me stay sober is that I have got really involved in my sons team. I have taken on responsibilities which mean that I would be letting people down if I got drunk and didn't show at games. It's always early on a saturday morning so I can't drink friday night and often sundays too. I also never drink with people around so I actually don't get the chance very often anymore. Trouble is like forabetterlife said I feel like I'm missing a rare opportunity when it comes along. It's mad!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice week ahead everyone
Old 09-28-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Checking in for Day 6. I am reading everything even if I don't post, and thinking of you all.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Good morning - I'm up early and off to have my car serviced, then work. So nice to wake up on a Monday morning without a hangover. There have been many Monday mornings when I started the week with a hangover. Really ugh, and nothing worst to be honest.

I will bring my AVRT book with me to the car dealership and hope to make some good progress reading.

Life is so much simpler when you don't have the added pressure of dealing with a hangover, feeling regret and shame, covering up your mistakes (hiding the evidence, cleaning up messes from the night before). I just had a random thought as I was drinking my coffee this morning - I used to drink alone in my home a lot. I should really make my house a "safe zone" and by that I mean free of alcohol, ever. I mean I don't actually store wine in my house but when I drank, I brought it into the house. That should never happen and I'm glad that thought entered my consciousness this morning.

Have a nice Monday all
Old 09-28-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Morning here in Maine, cool but nice. No hangover - another sober day, no matter what happens!
Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Day 29

Went out again with a friend. Well, I've been out each night this long weekend. Everytime I call it early cause when it gets past 9 i dunno what to do without drinking. Thats good because at least I dont drink. But kinda crappy because I think, hey, shouldnt i be able to do something fun?
Old 09-28-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Folks -

@ Fuzzy: Congratulations Fuzzy: I, too am celebrating 3 weeks today. Although I know another week won't be that significant in our long term recovery, to me that extra week from 2 weeks to 3 weeks seems quite the milestone. (For example - going from 51 to 52 weeks) LOL. Actually, each day is pretty significant.

Wishing everyone a superb alcohol free day.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
Day 29

Went out again with a friend. Well, I've been out each night this long weekend. Everytime I call it early cause when it gets past 9 i dunno what to do without drinking. Thats good because at least I dont drink. But kinda crappy because I think, hey, shouldnt i be able to do something fun?
Hi Kinzoku - You are doing something fun - you are spending sober quality time with a friend. Congratulations on 29 days and especially making this week a sober week, despite the challenges of 'going out'.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Popeye2014 View Post
I need to make a plan for my first urge. I'm at 8 days now, so it shouldn't be too long. I'm unable to workout, because my arm may split back open.

I'm thinking about walking, reading and posting on SR, go to an Outpatient Place.

Any Suggestions?
Hi Popeye: Everyone is different, but what works for me is first trying to distract myself with something that needs doing around the house. The last couple of days, I've been in a funk and haven't been motivated to do house stuff. Next on my plan is to log into SR and read and/or post. That helps me the most. If drinking has been on my mind for awhile, the reading helps to dispel any notions of picking up. Sometimes I need to log in several times a day. Once I'm past the urge, I try to do some sort of exercise like jogging in place, walking up and down the stairs several times or weather permitting, going for a walk. Hang in there Popeye. Eventually the days will start to string together.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a really great link about making plans Popeye - I really recommend you - and anyone else interested - read it

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

D
Old 09-28-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Join us here for part 4:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D