Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 3

Old 09-24-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Checking in at bedtime . Day 14.
Sounds like many of us are battling cravings at this point, myself included. I decide at some point through the day that I will drink later, that it will be okay. I immediately feel the guilt and remind myself- you didn't do it yet! They are just thoughts. Then I go home and eat and my brain settles down. It's scary though. I don't like that I entertain the thought of drinking.
I'm tired too, but not in a bad way. It feels natural and after I sleep, I feel rested. I guess I'm lucky for that.
We re doing this guys, I'm proud if each of you !
Old 09-24-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi. I've been here off and on.... Starting over again. Made it two days so far. Reached a new personal low. Standing back up, dusted off. Here I am again. Thanks for being here. Good luck everyone.
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on day 14 Fantail

D
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 3 wolves

D
Old 09-24-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Proud of you too,FBL

I'm not gonna lie, I have had moments like that too, were in my head, I have just given in, I know later I'll go buy wine and drink it, feel ashamed and hungover blah blah blah, it's like I almost accept my fate, I accept it as a given that I'm going to do it.

I let those thoughts come over me, I listen to them, and then I tell them to get f****d LOL. I stop whatever I'm doing, and go get myself something nice to eat, or make myself a nice cup of tea, anything to get the thought of the taste of that wine out of my mouth.

and I smile as I realise, once again, I have beaten another one of Av's tricks and I'm stronger for it.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

3 Wolves, welcome to SR
Old 09-24-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome 3Wolves. Glad to see you here. Awesome on 2 days! They are some tough days to get through. Please read as much as you can and post often - any questions, comments, concerns.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hello, I guess I'm in the right class...6 days sober. correct me if I'm wrong

I'm trying to figure out the forum.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not wrong Popeye.
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions

D
Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Popeye2014 View Post
Hello, I guess I'm in the right class...6 days sober. correct me if I'm wrong I'm trying to figure out the forum.
Welcome, if we stay sober we'll all stay in this September 2015 class forever.

This is our time!

Day 18

Sleeping a lot!!!
Old 09-25-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 3.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope we're all well today. I'm on day 12. Tonight is the first time I'm venturing out into a social situation. Only with my husband but we're going to a restaurant and normally we'd at least split a bottle of wine over dinner. I am planning to drink cranberry and lemonade. Ordinarily my AV would be wondering about sneaking some alcohol before I go/in my bag if I can't drink in front of my husband (ridiculous, I know) but I'm working until 7pm beforehand so I know that won't be a problem. I'm also working on Saturday and Sunday to remove temptation. Wishing you all a lovely, sober weekend x
Old 09-25-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Morning! Just wanted to share what I found in another thread! Sometimes if you plant a seed it will grow.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 33 Today I am an alcoholic. Tomorrow will be no different. My alcoholism lives within me now and forever. I must never forget what I am. Alcohol will surely kill me if I fail to recognize and acknowledge my disease on a daily basis. I am not playing a game in which a loss is a temporary setback. I am dealing with my disease, for which there is no cure, only daily acceptance and vigilance. From the book Daily Reflections Copyright © 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
Hope this helps someone or just one. Have a great Friday!
Day 67 for me ((hug))!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Sd, I like your perspective. Rather than being mad at myself for entertaining thoughts of drinking , I should smile and be proud that I did what I needed to do (usually eat and/or drink something ) to not act on those thoughts. Gosh, I'm so hard on myself ! Mad at myself I drink and mad if I don't, just for thinking about it !

Startingover - sounds like you have a good plan for dinner. Cranberry and lemonade sounds great, there is something about cranberry juice (I drink it with seltzer) that really seems to satisfy me when I want to drink alcohol. Hope you had a nice sober evening with your husband

I am finally getting used to (again) evenings without my beer or wine hidden in my bedroom. It good until just about now (two weeks) for that awkward "something's missing", "don't know what to do with myself" feeling to go away on weekday nights. I plan each night, and make sure there isn't too much wide open time, especially before I eat. And I CANNOT stop at ANY store on my way home from work no matter what. I need to eat first, then I'm usually out of the woods. Sounds so silly, but this is what's working for me )

Welcome to those who are just starting. It gets better, stick with it
Old 09-25-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Popeye2014 View Post
Hello, I guess I'm in the right class...6 days sober. correct me if I'm wrong I'm trying to figure out the forum.
Welcome back Popeye. Nice to see you!
Old 09-25-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

good morning Class of Sept 2015- day 11 for me today but coming down with a cold. Still better than a hangover however. Welcome to new folks this class has become a large one! We can all do this…post, vent and check in.

I almost slipped last night - was in a bar having dinner with an old friend and the social awkwardness I was feeling was almost enough for me to cave. Thought it thru, ate something and was so glad I did. Best to avoid these types of situation for the next month or two I think…..

have a great sober day everyone….We can do this
Old 09-25-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Today is my Day 25. I am feeling very good this morning, but it's been a roller coaster lately. About a week ago I was feeling like "I've totally got this, my goal of a month sober will be cake!", then the next day I could barely drive past the convenience store without my hands just itching to turn the wheel and pull in to buy a bottle, then it was several days of the shuffle... For awhile I was thinking the best thing about a glass of wine would be just the end once and for all of the whole back-and-forth, should-I-or-shouldn't-I that was going on in my head and just making me feel so worn out and tired.

Then, I woke up this morning and realized that yesterday I didn't consider drinking at all, not one time did it cross my mind as something I wanted to do. Whew, I needed that mental break!

FABL - I am noticing that hunger is big with me too. If I eat something it really really helps.

ClearEyes24 - Good job on making it through a close call!

Welcome to all the new members!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Yes, lots of newcomers in the last few days. Welcome! Today is my day 17, and I almost didn't make it yesterday. A situation with my AH almost did me in, but the wonderful people on SR talked me through it and reminded me that drinking only delays the inevitable emotions attached to conflict, it doesn't erase them. And if I caved, I'd only hate myself in the morning. So I told my AV to Shut The F... Up! and can proudly add another day to my sobriety. Whew!

I hope anyone struggling reaches out for support. Have a great Friday!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great sober friday & stay awesome ppl
Old 09-25-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Starting day three..stayed up till 11 beading and talking with my husband...he had spent the day mulling over my words. I had to look him in the eye and say "I am an alcoholic and I need help" just the night before. I asked him to not be passive in this, to not enable me in any way, to remind me of what I am working towards. SOBRIETY. We have 32 years together. This morning when he left for work, along with my goodbye kiss and I love you, was a big hug and hang in there, use your support group, call XXXXXX if you need a meeting. While I have to get sober for me, I don't want to let him down now that he "gets" it.
Zucchini and bananas on the counter waiting to be made into bread.
Hugs to all for being here. Your presence right now means more than you know.