Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 3

Old 09-22-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Yes! I'm here, Emme. (I shouldn't go to bed with all this ice cream in my belly)!

Would it help to share?
Old 09-22-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Emme, there is a reason you posted about buying wine here. Your true self is trying to let you know. Good luck.

Oh and try chat.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I don't know. I bought beer too. Just two individual ones so I didn't have anything left over for tomorrow and I could start over. This is so hard. I don't know if I can do it. I will try. I am going to take it out to the garage though because I don't think I can pour it out. But in the garage it will be away from me at least. Thanks, I am taking it out now.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Emme, you CAN do this. I know you can. You are stronger than this.
Get hold of the bloody stuff and pour it out. Don't think about it too much, just do it.

You will feel such a sense of accomplishment when you do! You will feel so proud of yourself because you will realise that you are a fighter, you are not going to let this beat you!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hi, Emme:

I bought wine once before. I found it useful to throw it down the drain. It still poses a temptation out of sight. Could you do that? I know you might not want to waste the money, but believe me, it is money well spent xo
Old 09-22-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Yes, don't think, just act and throw it out. We're cheering for you, Emme.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Don't put it in the garage. That's just hurting yourself. You'll sit there all night itching to go out and get it. You need to get rid of it right now.

Just go do it and then come back to us. I mean it! Go do it!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Well here I am again. Day two. Not sure if my life will be the same as before but at least I am sober.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Yeah, pour it our. It might be temporarily painful but you'll wake up feeling terrific with a renewed vigour to win
Old 09-22-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TyDy View Post
Well here I am again. Day two. Not sure if my life will be the same as before but at least I am sober.
Welcome TyDy! Congrats on your sobriety!!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I wish I had her phone number.

Hi and congrats on day 2,TY
Old 09-22-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. It is out of the house, not poured out, but out of the house. I will have my brother come & get it tomorrow. He & my sister-in-law will drink it. I need to go to bed now because I don't feel good & I know I will feel better in the morning. Sorry for posting but thanks everyone for your responses and encouraging me to get rid of it. I won't drink it tonight and will make sure it is gone tomorrow, thanks again everyone.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's your addiction talking, emme. We've had enough conversations this summer that I know another day one is not what you truly want. You really don't have to drink that wine or beer tonight. No matter what!

You're in my thoughts and prayers...

EDIT: You posted while I was typing the above. Glad you're not going to drink tonight. Wish you'd pour it out and let your brother buy his own booze, but just not drinking is definitely a big step in the right direction. Get a good night's sleep and bask in the glory of waking up hangover and shame-free in the morning! Good job coming here and asking for help. Very proud of you tonight.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Bed is a very good plan. Well done,Emme. Proud of you

Don't ever be sorry for posting, that's what we're here for, to support eachother.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Just catching up.

I wish I had some advice or words for those of you who have been victims of abuse. I simply don't because I have no experience in the area. I would just pray that each of you find the peace you seek.

Emme, glad you chose to post first. I'm amazed by the great responses of everyone here. It goes to show you we can do together what we cannot do alone. All of us will have weak moments, and that's when we need others to help us alone.

It's late and I'm tired. But I'll wake up clear headed.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Emme, great job! And I agree: don't ever feel sorry for posting--that is exactly what SR is all about. I wish you pleasant dreams, Emme.

Thank you, Txalchy, for your kind words. It is nice, isn't it, to hit the pillow and wake up rested and ready to tackle the next day!
Old 09-23-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Emme, you did a brave thing- first by posting here and second by not drinking it. It's not just you, there is a switch in our addictive brain that can be so easily flipped If we are not on guard and in the right mindset. But there are things we can do if that switch flips and you did them by posting here and removing the alcohol. The next step is to either pour it or give it away, whatever, but do it asap. I have to admit in the past I have bought wine or beer on day ___(fill in the blank) and kept it hidden away, not telling SR., as my own little security blanket, sometimes for weeks. Of course, i inevitably drank it. Because it's so much easier in a weak moment if it's right there. Sooo proud of you, and you will be too when you wake up and remember.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm a bit late on today. I decided to get in work and blast out as much as I could today. It's been an unproductive week so far with my head being a bit all over after the weekend. Massively busy week though with the kids activities so no time for a drink even if I wanted one.

Someone said (sorry I can't remember the name) they didn't know why they wanted to drink some of the time. We all know that negative emotions like depression, anxiety, anger, low self worth are all triggers for many people. Especially for me I was a drinker from my first taste because I drank to avoid not to enjoy. But aside from these obvious things, boredom is a massive. If we were coming home after work or getting up at the weekend to something exciting, having a drink wouldn't even cross our minds.

I was at my worst about 9 years after drinking heavily from the minute I was old enough but having my middle son who is nearly 8 stopped me because I wouldn't drink whilst pg and I was pg again with my youngest when he was only 5 months old so in a way I was forced into stopping. I've had binges since then, some of which have lasted a few days and were terrible but on the whole I have not drank much at all. Before then it was a almost daily thing -how I got through university I'll never know!!

I've been starting to feel low again these last few months and I'm struggling to lift myself up which I think is why it's happeneing more often again and I want to stop it before I end up back where I was. My life is busy, I have taken up hobbies, new friends etc and my kids take up much of my time but I am losing interest and finding it hard to just get through the day. I've stopped doing things because I just can't be bothered. I get up looking forward to bedtime but then I'm awake in the early hours. It's making me wonder if it's time to start looking for more - something else, something to get excited about!! Trouble is with hardly any free time and no money I have no idea where to start!
Old 09-23-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Emme - well done

welcome TyDy

Charlie, do you feel like your feeling low is a situational thing or might you be depressed?

If it's the latter, your best bet is to see a Dr...if not I think balance is key - a little work and a little play - too much of either can tilt you off centre?

D
Old 09-23-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Day 2. What can you recommend to sleep? Melatonin hasn't worked at all the last 2 nights. I had 10 days sober prior to relapse Saturday and had trouble sleeping then too.