Notices

One Year & Over Part 30

Old 09-23-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Glee, that's a wonderful milestone!

I also tend to way overthink things and overreact. I always got upset at work when I knew something really well and some idiot would question my knowledge/ability. Yeah - really useful. In my retirement place, I've been helping some fellow residents with their computer problems. They are generally very simple and I enjoy helping. Then just recently, I had someone whose needs kept on expanding. Now, I think I'm pretty good with computers after 50 years but certainly am far from knowing everything

One of my strengths is in figuring out how to make something work. Well, I was making good progress with this person's laundry list when she got impatient and when I wanted to try out something, she said "why don't you wait until you have it all figured out". Well, I responded with "I think you'd be happier with the folks at the fruity store" and just stopped working with her. She had also been complaining about everyone else who has ever tried to help her.

I usually obsess over stuff like this but am working on letting it go!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have not checked in to the site in a while but I’m 912 days sober. I was very active in the Under thread early on in my sobriety. I am very grateful to be sober, and living the life that I always wanted. Today I am a good father, husband, employee, and friend. I attend AA 3 times a week and work closely with a sponsor. Running has also been an important part of my recovery. I ran my first marathon last May, and running my first Ultra Marathon in October. Waking up every day and not being a slave to the drink is a blessing. I still struggle with loving myself and comparing myself to others. I’m trying to practice gratitude when the bad self-talk enters my mind. God Bless
Old 09-23-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

GM O's,

Glee, big congrats on 19 months clean and sober. I so agree that giving is a form of receiving and visa versa. Vulnerability is a good thing and not a sign of weakness (who knew-not me). So many of your posts discuss your involvement with others. You have learned to drop the "I" for the "we" in recovery so wonderfully. Hey, time flies when we are having sober fun!

Mags, well said. Sobriety and recovery has taught me to accept life on life's terms. So many outcomes out of my control. However, how I choose to look at those outcomes is totally mine to own.

Happy "baberaham lincoln" hunting, FBL. Name the movie with the quoted text for a prize.

Hey Sask, this windows update is driving me crazy. It randomly shuts down my laptop and applies the updates...then takes 10 minutes to remove them and tell me that the updates ran into a problem. Ideas?

RZ, I still can't get the pic of the Itch Man all boozed up...haha, yikes...all in one thoughts. Kidding, IM,...kinda.

Congrats on the 912, wwg.

Just wrapped the deal for our party venue. AA traditions did not allow for me to look for a charity or donation angle, however, I did play the non-profit card. Very cool place and down from $240 to $65 for the day. I am looking for a costume idea...any out there? I'm guessing that Foster Grant would be inappropriate?

Well, I must get moving. I have a mtg in MD...no, not with the Pontiff...

Hi to all others...have a good one.

Carlos
Old 09-23-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya overs, thanks glee and sassy, glad I'm not alone! In a way, I'm pleased we aren't normal, us here, everyone has their obstacles but we had obstacles with spikes on! Yikes!

Glee 19 months woohoo, that's brilliant! Nice response to Mrs impatient. I'm sure she doesn't mean to be like that. But I always make excuses for people, walk a mile in their shoes and stuff.

Hi walkingwithgod, 912 days is a brilliant achievement! All the best for your ultra marathon next month, Scuse my ignorance, what is ultra marathon?

Pleased migraine has gone away, Wolfie.

Hope everyone is ok. Been full of cold all day and had 2 nose bleeds! Ugh. That was a surprise.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

WWG! So glad you checked in. I remember our early days here, and the struggles our fellow Undies had. You have done well.

I am 900 days today and so thankful for that.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 Glee!

Old 09-23-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
WWG! So glad you checked in. I remember our early days here, and the struggles our fellow Undies had. You have done well.

I am 900 days today and so thankful for that.
900 days is awesome, Congrats.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 19 months Glee & congrats Drake on day 900

#Awesome

Nice to meet you WWG

Hi Mags
Old 09-23-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Carlos, I had no trouble at all putting in Windows 10 - smoothest ever. Did you run all the pre-checks before installing? I would suspect something not behaving or something corrupted. How's that for unhelpful

Mags, love the image of "obstacles with spikes"
The tendency I've had to fight most is to send her a long and boring email about dealing with computer problems. It would simply be an exercise in frustration. So I'm practicing another new and very slowly emerging skill: not avoiding people like that, being pleasant, and avoiding getting roped in again. She has bad-mouthed everyone else who has tried to help her and will do the same to me.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats Glee and It by on your milestones well done on 900 Drake!

Matthew,more ally good to hear from you, and to hear that you are doing so well. I bet your little girl it so proud of her daddy!

FG good to see you too, hope the mess get sorted

Carlos, I guess 'Duffman' is out of the question !

Wolfie, I bet Glenn would quickly begin to accept Dotty, maybe let them chase a ball together so she is not all focussed on him. Though I bet someone somewhere is missing the wee lass

Hugs everyone, I'm spreading the lurve! Xx
Old 09-23-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dotty is back with her rightful owner a young teenage girl from a travelling family she nearly started crying put her hand over her mouth in shock

We took glen out & asked the shop again he said you know the Irish family I knew straight away as I pass thier house on my daily walk I proceeded to go to thier house & thats when I knew I said have you lost a dog she said yeah & described her I said 2 minutes

So its been a fun 3 days but I'm so happy at returning Tinker (her real name) to her rightful owner its the right thing to do and better yet no dog warden charges for the family I doubt she was microchipped & that gave me extra satisfaction that I done the right thing

So Dotty I mean Tinker I'm glad your home with your family I told you I'd find your mum xx
Old 09-23-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, glad you got the pooch back to her owners.

Carlos, I believe the movie is Wayne's World...so, what do I win?

Congrats on 19 months, Glee! And congrats on 900 days, Drake!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
I'm practicing another new and very slowly emerging skill: not avoiding people like that, being pleasant, and avoiding getting roped in again.
I love this Saskia!

I'm heading to hockey practice, where the stands are rife with drama and the drama queens who thrive off of it. I've always wanted it be in the middle of what's happening. "Just not getting roped in", so perfect in its simplicity, never occurred to me. I'm going to try it!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome Glee

Thanks Saskia

Goodnight Overs
Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Magsie

Night Wolfie , pleased Tinker has had you and Mrs sw to help find her home.

Nice one Sassy!

Night all, oops sneaked in Dixon of dock green again.,
Old 09-23-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you WWG - congrats on that sober time

that was nice of you to persevere in finding Tinker's owners SW

D
Old 09-23-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Wolfie, so lovely that you found Tinker's owner! You did us all proud - I hope I can live my life that way.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Hope you're all well. Got my flu jab tomorrow.

I don't know much about computers, only what I need to know, but I've read windows 10 takes and uses your information, then again, I imagine all these cookies tell them a great deal!
Old 09-24-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Overs
Old 09-24-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All
Just checking in during what is meant to be the spring holidays... it has been like winter of an evening , rain and even hail of an afternoon!

I am using the holiday to declutter. We are hoping to buy a new house in the future and have started the process of getting rid of nearly 20 years of accumulated STUFF. We are attacking the yard and painting some areas of the house.

My daughters' are keeping me busy and making me very proud of their achievements . There will (pending assessment tomorrow) be junior surf lifesaver in the family.

Things are OK with hubby .. fingers crossed he is actively seeking employment We have our days where we can't string 2 nice words together to say to each other but that happens I guess.

I am looking forward to the summer and spending time at the beach.

I have had some minor issues with my feet but went straight to a doctor .... well kinda straight to the doctor .... I waited till the hockey season had finished and followed up with his referral to a podiatrist... one thing i try to do now in sobriety is actually LISTEN to my body... if it hurts I try to rectify the situation.

I will try and check in more frequently.

Take Care All of you.

I love catching up with your stories.