One Year & Over Part 30

Old 10-11-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 10-11-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning , Monday morning 6.15 still dark outside. I've just put the wheelie bin out but not the recycle tubs. I've only got 2 small glass items and a bit of tin foil and a few papers. So will put that out in a fortnight.

I like and I think, almost need, this time before work to come here, gather my thoughts. I don't like waking up up and bathroom coffee and straight out the door. I used to do that when I dashed around everywhere at 100 miles an hour! Now I'm more of your , chilled out and happier. Is it because I'm older? Wiser? Sober? All of those things add up, I think.

The weather's changing, apparently, we're gonna have an odd shower or two, Carol the weather girl on bbc one just said. Haha. I love it when they tell yesterday's weather! I was here, I saw it with my own eyes. It's called weather forecast not weather past.

Enough silliness. I can't move for a while as Merlin, my cat has planted himself on my knee and isn't going anywhere fast! It's a cats life, that's for sure.

I've put a set of led string lights near my door. I love it when it is darker( a contradiction to what I said other day!) and I can put my candles on. All battery operated though. It came from my non sober days, hubby thought I was a hazard with real candles! Which was true, I guess. Though I prefer the battery ones, no aromas to set the old asthma off.

Right, think I'll jump in the shower and get ready for work.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Do your best

It's really dark this morning & cold I think a cup of tea is in order & the heating can go on for an hour I'm letting my pooch on the bed as he's cold well he was he's all cosy now lol

Good morning Mags have a lovely day & have a good day Overs 6.35am
Old 10-11-2015, 10:47 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Wolfie, have a good day, hi pooch.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Mags just made a big hot cup of tea a chicken & crouton cuppa soup & some bread & a cheesecake Im not ill but ppl are dropping like flies all my family is I'll Mrs sw family is the same get well soon to them all

bit random but warburton makes better bread than kingsmill lovely on a chilly morning with cuppasoup I've put the heating on for one hour

I bought fat balls as the birds are going to need them I can hear the magpies doing that squarking they do
Old 10-12-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Why am I here? - this thread is like Nanny McPhee when you come here regular you don't need it. When you go MIA you need it most.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

SW I hope you stay germ free.
When I ask Mr T for a neck massage somehow his hands end up around my throat like Homer with Bart... Do you think he is trying to tell me something subliminally??

Sass, I feel for your friend, some people cannot fight their past and win, I am so glad that you were able to.

Mags, I like candles too, many a time I got up after a drunken night to find they had been burning all night. I too have battery ones, though a mix of both as I like the scented candles.

Glee fingers crossed hubby finds something soon, you are handling the situation brilliantly.

Off to work shortly, I am putting in a lot of overtime the next 2 weeks to cover holiday leave so will be here at odd times ( as apposed to being odd and being here)
Old 10-12-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Toots, I never think of you as odd - as our friends across the pond might say, I think you are "brilliant" :-).

My trips last week affected me more than I had realized. I'm still "mulling" and working on getting emotionally back on track. I am fortunate to live in a place where I can do that.

Have a lovely day to all.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I've got a feeling that this is the last day I'm wearing shorts this year...sunny and 72F is very warm for October. I had to buy some new jeans as I've taken a couple of inches off my waist this past summer. Still too heavy around the middle, but at least I'm moving in the right direction

Have a great Monday, overs!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

the morning are starting to get on the cold side here
Old 10-12-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Love the avi, Zip!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone on the 12th of October.
It is 6:40 AM where I am on the west side of the continent in Canada.
Sitting in my RV at our rec. property having coffee number 2. Just remembered the 12th of the each month marks another notch on the post for me. 23 months today.
All our kids and grandkids were at our house for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday night. A fun afternoon and evening for sure. Loud but fun. At my age, everything seems too loud.
Sunday morning my wife and I and one son and GF packed up and came to our RV property for one last night for the season. My son was taking his box and a half of Coors out of the fridge. For the first time in a long time, I thought, man would I like to have a couple of those right now.. It was 8:30 in the morning but the urge came on strong. Of course, I slapped myself in the ear and carried on. Just confirms that the AV never really goes away. Lives inside us forever. Hibernates for a while and then wakes up hungry.
Looking forward to checking in with you all the next time the 12th comes around. It will be two years at that point and I really do feel that I have this beast under control. I could not imagine waking up with a massive headache and dry mouth and wanting to vomit, ever again.
At our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday night, the wine and beer flowed freely.
It did not cross my mind once to pick up. I had about 7 club soda and lemon.
I wrestled with my two little grandsons. They gang up on Papa and feel great when they lay a beating on me. They are 4.5 and 3 now. My best friends.
We have another one due in mid November. Can't wait for this event.
November 12 is also my daughter's birthday. Last year for her birthday, I gave her a hug and a promise to stay sober for another year. I wanted to be the best Papa possible and knew if I was drunk most of the time, I would fail at that task. The boys need me to teach them stuff only a Papa can teach. I may just give her that gift again this year.
Hope you are all doing well and living your life healthy and happy.
Thanks for all your posts. Even though I do not check in every day anymore, I still think about you all and the journey we share.
Rick
Old 10-12-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Thanks, Rick and happy 23 months :-)
Old 10-12-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lovely post Rick, congratulations on 23 months.

Sassy, hope you've combulated back to normal.

Mr toots sure is discreet, toots

Andy, I agree. A daily dosage keeps the booze away.

Wolfie, I hope you escape the dreaded viruses. I'm a big believer in chicken soup too! Have you tried hot lemonade, heat in microwave for a few seconds or a pan on the heat, then add honey and slices of lemon, a lovely drink anytime but the hot lemonade helps with colds.

I've got my American accent today, unsure why?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im not ill I take vitamins but even that isn't a guarantee

Toots he needs to improve his massage skills

Thanks Mags I'm the same chicken soup is amazing when we do our own home version its out of this world

Nice idea with the Lemonade, we cut chunks of ginger slices of lemon & pour honey for a hot cup of goodness when sickness strikes

But I'm ok at the moment hope it stays that way lol

1 more thing I learned some tips of youtube for massages me & Mrs sw will always do this for one another she had a bad neckache all weekend so il be massaging again tonight I enjoy it as it makes her happy

Going to have dinner now then a bath speak later guys
Old 10-12-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just saw you said you had a American accent today Mags

See y'all later
Old 10-12-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Rick

D
Old 10-12-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Congrats on 23 Rick!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

I just saw a post about a broadcaster filming herself drunk. It reminded me of a short video I watched on itv.com news web site last night. Two youths were videoing themselves whilst driving whilst high on drugs or booze, Unsure which.

They were getting up to speeds of nearly 90 miles per hour when they crashed. Needless to say they didn't survive. Their families wanted the videos to be shown as a warning to youths of the dangers of the so called joy riding.

Once again drink or drug fuelled behaviour has ruined lives of young and their families. So sad, will it ever Stop?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations Rick.

Have a good day everyone.