Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 6

Old 10-14-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Oh, what a sweet story. That's really touching

Hmm...yes, I can't imagine coke would be too good for the brain. Thank God I never got my hands on any of that! Were you ever a wild-child, Sao? Just curious :-)

We will *never* get tired of you, Cissy. Talk about yourself as much as you like. I jump around quite a few threads so I spread myself a bit more thinly, that's all, otherwise I would get nothing done at all.

Thanks, Dee! I think I'm going to get this Netflix thing sorted. Ah well. More sitting around on my tush. Hey....funny....my sister and I used to laugh when we were kids that my Mum's bum looked like someone had given a hearty great thwack with a large and heavy frying pan. Well, I was in the mall today with my son, and caught a reflection of myself side on in a shop window. Not much going on by the way of booty there, I can tell you. Those words have meanspirited laughter have just come back to haunt me :-D
Old 10-15-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Oh, they always do come back on us, don't they? That's cute, Shabby. Thanks for the show of support cause this is the only thread here that I participate in, except the two funny (gif's, videos and images) threads that I shared with you before. I got all I need right here.

Thanks, Dee!

Vanecia, I love that story. Thank you for sharing it with us, and for that nice video of him in his prime. It really was an amazing documentary but so hard to watch. The song he does at the very end rips my heart out. I believe it's called, "I won't be missing you."

Day 4 today. I think it's time to go out and enjoy this day. I need to get some fresh air and sunshine and take the dog for a walk. It will do us both some good. I hope I actually do it. I often talk and then don't follow through but I know I need it, bad. If not today, tomorrow for sure.

How are the rest of you doing on your sobriety? Tempted? Just putting one foot in front of the other? Have a wonderful day/night. I'll bbl.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

http://i.giphy.com/T1sI49AEAN8zK.gif

Come on over and play with us!!! It's fun on those threads.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Crap. It won't post the actual gif. Well, sorry but you'll have to click on it.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hey cool. I wish I'd had that contraption when we had our fox terrier, Martin!

Oh my gosh, I had the most terrible and loooooooong nightmare this morning about Martin. He died of cancer, and in the dream he was suffering terribly, I was trying to call him and love him. It just went on and on and on. I woke up in a flood of tears. Au vey :-(

Sounds like you're doing great, Cissy :-) I think you are going to be fine at your family birthday party. You could ignore/stay as far away as possible, or you could be really loving. I mean 'real loving' not 'fake loving'. It's amazing how it defuses people, and it feels so much better than acrimony. Easier said than done though, I know. I failed miserably at it for years.

Have a great day/night, all!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your dream, Shabby. Seems all I have lately are bad ones. I had a number of bad ones last night but now I don't remember what they were about. I think there were at least three and each had something to do with my past. Makes me wish I could just get myself a little electro shock therapy. Set those brain waves in a new pattern.

I worked in Telemetry when I worked as an RN and we would sometimes cardiovert someone's heart if it was in a bad rhythm. Just a little low-voltage shock while the patient was under conscious sedation and with the right meds, bam! Normal sinus rhythm. That's what my brain needs. I know it would help.

They use it for people who have really severe depression and I do suffer from it but had been stable and on meds for a while. I'd have periods of time when I still felt really low but I'm back to the lowest of the low right now. I know I sound okay but I'm trying to spare you all. Plus it doesn't help to share that stuff.

If she shows any hint of a sincere reaching out to me at the restaurant, I will accept that and we will mend. If she doesn't, it can stay like it is. I have no desire to be mended with anyone who is so capable of being so phony. Blood or no blood. I'm choosy with whom I keep company. People generally save me the trouble of eliminating them from my life cause they depart all on their own.

There's nothing I want to eat in this house. I'm still on plan but UGH. Not hungry, so that's good. When I eat junky carbs, WOW. I can really feel the hunger come on me when my body is ready for another fix. It runs me rather than the other way around.

So is it 11:30 am where you down under folks are? Trying to get a handle on this whole global thing. It's almost 6:30 pm here. Getting dark earlier now. I wish we didn't have to change our clocks in Spring and Fall for daylight savings crap. I hate that. That will make it get dark around 4-ish.

I wish I had a Jacuzzi bath tub. I could sure use a good soak. Candles, incense, ooops. Almost said something naughty. (Wine). Scratch that idea.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Oh Cissy, that's no good. Depression is so awful. I was really bad a few months ago but Prozac has helped immeasurably. Not a complete fix, but much better than I was, that's for sure. I think hormonal effects and depression in older women are underrated. Not the whole story, but a factor, I reckon.

Families - yikes! My sister hasn't spoken to my mother for 30 years or so, and now my brother and I are out of contact with her too. I feel really sad about it, but to be honest, she scares the crap out of me, and she has said and done some dreadful things in the past. She's 'one of these people' (bad expression) that feels utterly righteous about her extreme anger and her vicious attacks on people. I know it's just deep wounds and modeled behaviour from my mother (my Dad always used to say that's why my mother and sister never got along), but it's genuinely frightening. I'm a bit of a wimp :-/

Yes, it's 11.30 am. I have work to do which I'm not doing. I'll give myself one more hour on SR, then I better get my shite together! It's weird, you know, but sharing on SR has given me a lot more confidence in my 'real life'. This is real life, of course, and I guess that's why I'm noticing the difference.

'Daylight savings crap' lol :-D
Old 10-15-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hey! I got the time there right! 17 hours apart, you and I. That's huge. You already know what tomorrow will be like. Same as today, right?

I'm sorry about your sister. Your mom was a beast when you were growing up? I love sharing about myself online. There's no harm in it and anytime we get tired of one another, we can just move on. My kind of partnerships.

I keep using the same smilies over and over cause I can't figure out the codes for the better ones and I'm too lazy to go looking through the list. It's a shame too, cause we have some really great smilies on SR.

Get to work, woman! I'm going to get off the computer for tonight. Doggy needs some love and my keyboard's been getting a real workout today. I hope everyone has pleasant dreams and good lunch breaks and what have you.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

(((hugs))) And I will get to work, very, very soon. I promise :-)

Old 10-16-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi, sorry I have not been on SR much last coupla days - hyper busy. No time to suffer from AV speaking up but that is just masking, not healing.

Neither of my two sisters have spoken to my parents for years - I only speak to them once a year. They are bad people, not much to say about them. Both my sisters are great girls though
Old 10-16-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, Sao, that's no good about your parents. Thank goodness you have lovely sisters. I dunno, it seems there are just as many broken families as there are happy. That's life, I guess.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

I tend to think there are more dysfunctional families than healthy ones. When I meet someone who has an "outwardly" functional and healthy family, I'm so amazed and envious but I married a man who had one of those and those aren't always as perfect as they appear either.

Day 5 here. Still hanging out at home. No dog walks. She doesn't realize that she almost had a good day so she doesn't know what she's missing.

I have this guy that I email with, that I met on SR. (Not Frank.) We met on the May 2015 "class" and he decided to moderate and eventually I decided to go that route too and so we have kept in touch. He doesn't do as well as he wants to and I know that my moderating was just a joke after about 3 or 4 months of practicing that. It got to the point that I'd write him and just say, "Beer. You?" And he'd write back he was drinking Bourbon or he'd say that he was in the middle of taking a few days off. His plan was to have 6 mini-corona's on Sundays and leave it at that.

But neither of us was doing so great. Anyway, he wrote me yesterday and it was the first time we'd talked since I started my sober stretch. He wrote, "Bourbon. You?" LOL! I wrote him back and told him I was back here and giving sobriety another go. I hope he decides to try it too. Our little experiments weren't going so well.

It doesn't hurt to try and to see how far you can get. It's a muscle that needs to be exercised, like any other. I'm not thinking this is forever, just for now. I want to recall what sobriety feels like, to see the whites of my eyes really white and clear and to have puffiness and bloat gone from my body.

I'm not weighing but I can see what LC and staying off booze is helping to do to my face. The jowls are starting to go away. The bags are smaller. The turkey wobble is going to take more time, though. The bat wings and thunder thighs? UGH. Next year.

Sao, good to see you again. Sorry you've been so busy. Sorry about your parents, too. Thank God for good siblings, though. They are priceless.

My dog is getting a little more used to the pet steps that someone was kind enough to give us. She still needs me to stand there beside them and give her encouragement but last night, I didn't need to take her collar and tug her to get started. Yea!! In some ways she's a very timid little girl. I need to cut her nails too. She gets ferocious when I do that and I have to put a muzzle on her.

Once I used one of those guillotine-type nail clippers and they broke right when it was chomped onto her nail. She was laying on the floor while I was cutting and I had to slowly back away and kept saying, "Stay, stay, stay" as I made my way to the kitchen drawer than had some random tools in it.

I had to take a pair of wire cutters or something of that nature and go above where the clippers were biting into the nail to cut the nail and free the clippers. I made her bleed and I felt so horrible but I had no choice. After that, no more trusting me with nail clippers. I use the other kind now. More like scissors so that can't happen again. She let's me put the muzzle on her but she still gets nervous while I'm doing them and will try to turn and snap at me. HATE cutting her nails. And she's a black dog so her nails and the quick are tough to discern. I almost never make her bleed but she can't let that go. Or maybe it's me and my fear that she's sensing. I can't let it go.

I wonder if I should get another dog after she's gone. I really need a companion and I'm so allergic to cats but dogs are so much work. I feel like a total doorman half the time. And if I have to move from here someday into a regular apartment, I have to get a dog small enough that will be allowed. Then it's all those potty trips out in all kinds of weather multiple times a day. I don't know what I'll do but I fear her time is short.

I think I'm going to go do a little grocery shopping and pick up dog food and a prescription that's waiting for me. Ooh. Friday at afternoon rush hour. The perfect time to make such a plan. (Rolling eyes)

Ttyl. (((Hugs)))
Old 10-16-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

That's great you were able to email your friend and say that. I really hope he follows your example.

Day 5!! That's really impressive :-)

Animals are so quick to learn from experiences like that. Our cats, like our dog used to, only need to get a glimpse of the flea treatment tubes - which are only about two inches long - and they run for the hills. Once of us has to grab them first while the other one goes to get it. I wonder if it stings...I hope not. I think it's just the wetness of it and not liking to be held down.

Cool you can see the positive effects of not drinking already. My skin had become so dry. I've been drinking raw vegetable juices daily and the difference is quite amazing.

:-)
Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Shopping trip went fine. I'm exhausted now but didn't buy any booze. Day 5 will remain day 5. My mood was stable while shopping so it wasn't a temptation. Goodnight/Good day. See you all on the flip side.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Old 10-16-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hi, all --

My oh my, the week went quickly. A few ups and downs but mostly back on the ups for me. Hope so, anyway. Dang bug really took it out of me for a while.

Shabby, a fox terrier! They're such handsome dogs. I'm playing nanny to teen-age niece and nephew and aged mother while my brother and SIL take a night away. Their Yorkie is snuggled up next to me. She's the sweetest dog.

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
I'm not thinking this is forever, just for now. I want to recall what sobriety feels like, to see the whites of my eyes really white and clear and to have puffiness and bloat gone from my body.
I'm not entirely sure I read that correctly, Cissy. Hoping that you don't mean sobriety when you say you're not thinking this is forever. What good has the bottle ever done any of us? You've had a hard time after relapsing. It's so much easier to say "no more -- it's over, done." If I misread, my apologies.

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
No time to suffer from AV speaking up but that is just masking, not healing.
Oh, it does take time. Is there anything we, or others on SR, can help with in the process? You're a nice man, Sao. I'm sorry to hear that you got dealt a crummy hand in the parents department. That lasts a lifetime. I'm glad that you have nice sisters.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Ohhhh, little Yorkie. What a cutie :-)

Foxys are so handsome, and Martin was the most handsome foxy I ever saw. I know that sounds like biased 'Mummy love', but seriously, he was a stunner. And naughty?!!! O.m.g.....foxy through and through. I will post a pic sometime. I still haven't been able to bring myself to look at any photos. It's been a couple of years.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Martin is such a perfect name for a fox terrier! Somehow, I'm not surprised that they can be a bit cagey. They kind of have that "you know you can't stay mad at me" look.

It is hard to miss a pet, isn't it. Hug!
Old 10-17-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
saoutchik

So glad you are back on the wagon Cissy. 1 day at a time is enough. I Googled Joey Garlic's - it looks good

Tooshabby, you asked if I ever took coke or was a wild child, well no is the answer to that, I I was mr boring but I did date the former Mrs Ronnie Wood back in the 1970s, before she was married to him (she is the former Mrs R Wood these days) She has been on TV saying she prefers bad boys so I take some encouragement from that. She is still friends with my older sister
Old 10-17-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

I was asked to sing "Happy Birthday" to Ronnie Wood this past June to mark his 68th.

Of course, so were about 43,000 other people. And it was a double birthday song, as we also sang to Charlie Watts to commemorate his 74th.