Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 22

Old 10-02-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Thanks all I made it Theses urges felt very strong. My mind was trying to trick me. I am going to be a designated driver this weekend so that will motivate me. Got some sparkling water and dark chocolate. Its seems to help my mood and cravings.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Good on you, Letitgo! Totally worth sticking it out. We've all been there, mate.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

I know what you mean Letitgo , says me ...munching on dark chocolate rocky road mmmmmm .......delish

Who needs wine !
Old 10-03-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Julyers I'm off out shopping with Mrs sw no housework just us two on a romantic stroll when I woke up she said I look exhausted I said thanks you don't look too bad yourself lol

Just finishing a cuppa then its stretches then out
Old 10-03-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Stress, being tired and low blood sugar made me pissed off. I am forever grateful that i stayed sober though. I know i would reap no benefits from going back down that road. I am sure yoday will be better
How do you cope with bad day? When you feel like hitting yhe F it button? The day wasn't really that bad in retropect..it just just high stress and emotions. It happens once in a while. I ussually tried to ride out the wave. Thank you for your support. It made me feel much better.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bad days happen - they happen to us all alcoholics or not.

The thing is - I only have bad days now, not bad weeks or months, or years like I used to when I was drinking.

I usually find my bad days are not so bad anymore, cos I know they'll pass and I'll be ok...y'know?

There's always support here too.
Hope the rest of your weekend is better letitgo

D
Old 10-03-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hi letitgo, you did well, good for you. I know how tough it can be.
Croissant, I'm not sure about the computer needs. I will have to investigate what will serve me best.
I'm not doing well folks and I'm sorry to sound like a broken record. I just feel I don't fit in anywhere anymore. I'm incredibly lonely, but I'm done trying to find a partner, it's brought me nothing but sadness and frustration. My one single girlfriend is now happily in a relationship, he moved in with her. I don't know what I'm trying to say, I dread time with my family because they all drink. My sister emailed me yesterday and was talking about drinking, in response to my telling her that I can no longer numb out, and she said she gets respite from drinking, that it makes her feel better. I used to love to visit her in England and we'd go on a long walk with the dogs then sit with them in a pub garden, drinking. I've no joy, I feel sad all the time. I'm having difficulty just envisioning what my life will be, the status quo is horrible, horribly sad and worthless. I emailed a friend for some support, but she hasn't got back to me. I imagine I'm wearing everyone out.
How much can I keep saying the same thing here over and over? I'm so tired of living, there's no joy, nor looking forward. I cry all the time. I'm going to the symphony tonight with my friend and her boyfriend and her parents, I feel flat and am not looking forward to it.
I honestly can't feel hope at the moment. I know we all struggle mightily, but I wish I could catch a break? I'm going to continue to go to AA meetings, I cry all through them and hopefully meet with a sponsor next week or so. I've always felt like something of a misfit, a loner and I don't know about the program, the giving over to a higher power confounds me. But what am I going to do? Every morning I wake up, I wish I didn't have to wake up. My psychiatrist is trying me on 3 days on and antidepressant and then 4 days off, a cycle that he hopes will help my brain not outwit the AD effect, something to do with receptors being occupied and then cleared. I think I've tried everything under the sun and feel hopeless. I got a brief respite from ECT, but now all I have left of it is memory problems.
Maybe some of us just aren't equipped to cope with the world, with adversity?
I'd welcome an exit, but not by my own hand, I can't do that to others.
I'd just like to enjoy normal things, but I'm not, and if I feel the same way in another year, what then? I know, a day at a time. I'm just too sad and I'm sorry for going on and on, but I'm quietly going crazy here and don't know what to do.
I can't drink, but I'm not happy about who I've become thus far.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leshar, every time I've thought I was done with changes, something happens and more changes happen.

I really believe in my sig line.

I know it might seem like you're stuck in a rut but I still maintain you've come a very long way - I see no reason why you won't continue to grow and change, my friend

Don't lose heart - and don't stop looking for healthy positive solutions

You deserve happiness

D
Old 10-03-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thank you, as always, Dee.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Leshar, I understand you said before you come here to vent, so I won't go on and on with advice, and I know I can't understand the full degree of what you are going through.

I asked once before, a while back, If there were some kind of depression support group or similar in your area you could attend? Where you could find some peer support? Perhaps it's worth asking your doc? Or the hospital you stayed in if they have some kind of outpatient support?
Old 10-03-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

(((Leshar))); I don't have any advice but just want you to know that I care.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done excellent not drinking LetItGo honesty amazing bud

Leshar I am sorry you feel like this & I hope your psychiatrist can find a right balance with the anti-deppressents

I found a few links that might help with this Leshar I agree with D your one of my recovery heroes when you feel like this I just think of how much you have done to stay sober & to stay healthy in my eyes your a really amazing person Leshar

DepressionHurts.ca - Home

Depression - Community Support - Body & Health

Defeat Depression

Leshar if I can help in anyway just ask I have a lot of time for you & all the Julyers XOXO
Old 10-03-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Do your best

And as promised some pics of the garden we took today

This is one of our thyme plant, rosemary plant & our close to 3 year old Christmas plant

Old 10-03-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone. I see a CBT psychiatrist on October 15. I was referred by my psychiatrist.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Do your best

The plant I called thyme is our dying peppermint plant
Old 10-03-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Love the pics Wolfy thanks

Leshar , you are severely depressed . I can diagnose that from oceans away.
Each time you go off them , the relentless crying starts, the hopelessness, the solitude , then after that come the lethargy , the not caring , not wanting to shower etc.

I really hope this 3 days on 4 days off works ? It sounds absurd to me , but I'm not a doctor.

I was feeling like you, disappointed when you wake up and you're still here.

I don't feel that way now I'm back on my antis. I shudder to think I felt that way.

You are not a broken record! You're sad. You're sharing with your friends.
That's what friends are for darling one

Keep posting and keep letting it out. Cry and cry for a release. It will get better , I promise.

Try to stop looking ahead and just. Live for today. If you get by today then do the same thing tomorrow . You don't need to look at a big picture.

Today , just today. Tomorrow will take care of itself and the past has gone.just today honey. One day at a time ok. That's what we all must do to get by.

Love you
Old 10-03-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Got some sparkling water and dark chocolate. Its seems to help my mood and cravings.
Same here.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Snoozy. I love you too.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Leshar, I understand you said before you come here to vent, so I won't go on and on with advice, and I know I can't understand the full degree of what you are going through.

I asked once before, a while back, If there were some kind of depression support group or similar in your area you could attend? Where you could find some peer support? Perhaps it's worth asking your doc? Or the hospital you stayed in if they have some kind of outpatient support?
Hey, sorry Leshar - to clarify too, I didn't mean the above as advice as such - sorry if it seemed that way!xx I just meant I wish there was a way you had some more face to face support and opportunities to "talk out" how you feel with people who are feeling similar things, was all. Sometimes in my posts I just "think out loud" as I write...I'd just hate you to think any of what I wrote above was any more than my thoughts in my own head that spring from my feelings of concern for your feelings of isolation in your depression.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

You NEVER have to appologise Crois.

Your posts help us all out immensely and you write with such empathy and honesty. I love that about you