Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 2

Old 09-19-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Good to see folks checking in and making plans. I had a good day. Hung with kids and cleaned up. Feeling better.

Tomorrow will be a whirlwind so not time to have too much "alcohol shuffle" going on. Then the weekday where I'll be more or less safe for a few days (weekdays were only ever an issue for me if I had been drinking on the weekend).

Good job September folks.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back freedom
whats your plan?

It may take a little longer than 5 days but you'll write again scaredikklegoth.
Give your mind and body a chance to heal

D
Unfortunately the writer's block has been going on for a new months. I'm really hoping that maybe once my head begins to clear a little that I'll start to write again as that would really raise my self esteem.

I cant wait until I can be like one of you guys; confident in sobriety and really living life.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
I almost just caved.

I had to take my girl out for a drive in the rain as we hadn't been out at all today. My usual stop would have been the bottle shop. My mouth started watering just thinking about the bloody taste of it. I was already figuring out how to word my post in here about relapsing. I just wanted it so so MUCH!

But I thought about my kids. I thought about my own alcoholic parents and how I want better for my children. I am stronger than this!!

So I quickly went to a drivethru coffee place and bought us hot chocolates. Just having something else to drink, some other taste in my mouth, it helped as we drove home.
So proud of you!!!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a songwriter and I lost my ability to write songs for a few years when my drinking was at its worst.

It took a while to come back, but it absolutely did - not exactly the same authorial 'voice' either - not bad just different.

It was freaky at first but I figure recovery is one of the greatest changes we can make as people, so it makes sense my work reflects that now.

D
Old 09-19-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Just gonna say that I'm really disappointed that of all the shows mentioned, no one watches Game of Thrones???? Omg, best. Show. Ever.
If you have HBO. Lots of bad language, violence and sex. It's wonderful.
I just watched the pilot of Ballers. That was good too. And as far as Netflix goes, I'm all about The Office. It's just so funny. I love it.

Today is day 13. Almost 2 weeks. I like keeping track in weeks. It's easier for me. So my next battle is getting to week 3. I'm feeling good.
Today I was at home much of the afternoon and I got a little sad that I couldn't spend it getting drunk. Luckily the thought came and went. Phew!
I've decided to apply for grad school so I think that's taken up a lot of room in my mind, which is good. Less room for thoughts of vodka and Pepsi dancing in my head.
I had a long day at work on Friday and in my way home I bought a pack of ciggs. Ugh.
I quit drinking for 6 weeks in July/August and I took to smoking then also. But then when I fell off the wagon I only smoked when I drank and never any other time. It's lime, if I can't drink I need to be polluting my body in some other fashion. So annoying.
I only smoked one the way home and none today so at least that's hood. It's usually a habit when I'm driving. Must. Stop.
Anyways, it sounds like you all are doing GREAT this weekend and I'm so proud of everyone for staying strong.
Have a lovely night and even better (not hungover!!!!) Sunday morning. <3
Old 09-19-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I love Game of Thrones!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me again. I don't know what to say. I'm so embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I try hard for a few days and then it seems so pointless. Wow, I'm throwing myself quite the pity party aren't I?

I will conquer this disease. I will be part of the September 2015 class and be able to celebrate a year of sobriety in September 2016. I am starting a new job Oct 1st, one without so much stress; no on call responsibilities, etc. I'm very excited and I think this will allow me to concentrate more on my recovery plan too. There won't be an excuse to drink due to non-existent crisis calls at night now! And I WILL ensure that I don't start looking for other reasons to drink too.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by labgirl; 09-19-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Just noticed I need to change my Day 1 date in my signature line too.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back labgirl

have you any ideas on the details of your recovery plan yet?

D
Old 09-19-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.

One addition to my current plan is to include the on line meetings here at SR.

Additionally, at my next therapy meeting I plan to talk about my lack of coping skills. I need to re-develop these skills so that my first instinct is not to simply drink the problem or emotion away.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
So here I am again on day 1, kinda late to join this group since the months almost over. I haven't been sober for a full 24hrs in months.
Welcome 2Wheelterror - Glad you've declared a Day 1. Keep posting and reading.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

labgirl, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm glad you're here and posting.

I find it helpful to list all the pro's and cons of drinking.

My pro list consists of one thing:

Helps me forget and hide from life for a short while.

My con list is neverending, I'm always adding to it. It's almost an A4 piece of paper long.
I think it would help if you made one so you can look at it whenever you're feeling like it's all pointless.

Kelly, thank you

And I LOVE Game of Thrones. I have watched every episode. It's my all time favourite.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome Labgirl - Dust yourself off and begin again. Good for you declaring another Day 1. It would surely help if you stayed close to SR, reading posts and posting yourself. Especially post when you have a craving and feel like you might cave. Plenty of folks here to help.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Night All. Happy to have 13 alcohol free days. I'm going to read a bit before I turn off the lights. It's nice to be able to remember what I read the night before. Sleep well Everyone.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

It's ok Labgirl, you're here and you can do it ^_^
Old 09-19-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Welcome lab girl and wheel

I had a great day today at the conference. Nice to have a day where it's all about me and getting to know myself and better myself. Some speakers were better than others but two in particular were absolutely wonderful.
Also nice to have a day where drinking just isn't an option. But strangely, I thought about it, in particular that I want to drink tomorrow. Tomorrow Will be day 10 and I have lots to do to get ready for a busy week. Drinking will NOT be an option but I will need to be on guard all day . I know it will be a tough one.

Oh, and I deleted all old texts from my ex and I blocked him- can't get any texts or calls from
him. Feels empowering.

Comfy in bed, ready for a good nights sleep and feeling satisfied and optimistic about my life. Just want to lay here and process all I heard and felt today and think of how I can apply it to my life and my sobriety. Removing alcohol changes so much for me. It's hard but so very worth it.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
I almost just caved.

I had to take my girl out for a drive in the rain as we hadn't been out at all today. My usual stop would have been the bottle shop. My mouth started watering just thinking about the bloody taste of it. I was already figuring out how to word my post in here about relapsing. I just wanted it so so MUCH!

But I thought about my kids. I thought about my own alcoholic parents and how I want better for my children. I am stronger than this!!

So I quickly went to a drivethru coffee place and bought us hot chocolates. Just having something else to drink, some other taste in my mouth, it helped as we drove home.
Way to go, Secret!!
Old 09-19-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HCE View Post
Made it! Day one! Class of Sept 2015
Welcome, HCE!
Old 09-19-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
So here I am again on day 1, kinda late to join this group since the months almost over. I haven't been sober for a full 24hrs in months.
Not late at all!! Welcome!
Old 09-19-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post

Oh, and I deleted all old texts from my ex and I blocked him- can't get any texts or calls from
him. Feels empowering.
Sounds like a very wise decision, FABL.

Glad you had a nice day!
Old 09-19-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredikklegoth View Post
Unfortunately the writer's block has been going on for a new months. I'm really hoping that maybe once my head begins to clear a little that I'll start to write again as that would really raise my self esteem.

I cant wait until I can be like one of you guys; confident in sobriety and really living life.
It does come back, don't worry. Although I wrote and published while drinking, the six months I was sober, it was amazing. I was productive and could work with such focus and calm. I'm so eager to recapture that again. Actually, I am recapturing it. This week has been amazing. I'm behind on things, but one step at a time.