Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 7

Old 09-16-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Haha, nah that was just a bit of 'Scouse' humour - you either support Everton (Evertonian) or Liverpool FC (Liverpudlian) if you live in this area, and I'm a blue not a red. Your terminology was correct, Liverpudlian it'd be, just a local joke!

Yorkshire's a beautiful part of the world, not too far away from here. A 'reet' tough bunch of Northerners!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
CBF. Congtats on the baby!! We have had many of sleepless nights but drinking and being hungover only made it worse. The screaming made me very irritable at times. Its good to share the baby duties and take breaks. Mine never came with a manual. I hope your baby did its good to experiance new things. I have been peed, vomited and pooped on so i no longer have any shame.

Hope your tests go well!
Back home now and is 4:50am and i am wide awake. I did fall asleep at 9:45 but i would like more the 6 hours. I should go for a walk or something. My kids are sleeping through the night and I am not.
Oh well. Have a great day!

Thanks, Letitgo - a big part of me not wanting to drink anymore is my daughter. I too found myself struggling to cope with the night times at first, and being worse for wear made things a lot worse. I'd get irritated and angry (not violent though!!) and it wasn't fair on my wife or our baby. These days she's a lot better through the night (well, mostly anyway), but it's a lot easier to do anything without a load of booze to get in the way.

I hope your sleeping pattern gets back to normal again soon!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I think I get a good night sleep or apparently I do. I don't recall dreaming, waking up, or even turning over. My deal is I just stay so run down feeling. I wake up as tired as when I go to bed. Shew it's exhausting to feel so sluggish!
Seems like most are doing well! I should've joined this group initially since my quit date is July 20, but new to the site I didn't know. I've adopted you anyway so no worries! Coming up on two months Friday! Relieved and cautious.
I had to message my soon to be sister in law and explain why I couldn't attend her bachelorette party. I'm just too young yet in sobriety to risk being in that "partying" environment. I told her that too and told her I was an alcoholic. As to no surprise she knew and had assumed I had quit drinking. She understood tho.
I told her I would be testing myself enough in October going to the wedding and reception. I haven't had strong urges, but I'm staying very guarded for when I do.
Sobriety is so important to me I can't let myself down that way.
Have a great hump day!
If anyone is struggling we have our hands extended to help you up! You're worth it! Don't give up on yourself. You deserve peace and happiness and to be the you you were meant to be! ((Hug)) to everyone!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Congrats BBB on 2 months!!!!!

Old 09-16-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
I think I get a good night sleep or apparently I do. I don't recall dreaming, waking up, or even turning over. My deal is I just stay so run down feeling. I wake up as tired as when I go to bed. Shew it's exhausting to feel so sluggish!
Seems like most are doing well! I should've joined this group initially since my quit date is July 20, but new to the site I didn't know. I've adopted you anyway so no worries! Coming up on two months Friday! Relieved and cautious.
I had to message my soon to be sister in law and explain why I couldn't attend her bachelorette party. I'm just too young yet in sobriety to risk being in that "partying" environment. I told her that too and told her I was an alcoholic. As to no surprise she knew and had assumed I had quit drinking. She understood tho.
I told her I would be testing myself enough in October going to the wedding and reception. I haven't had strong urges, but I'm staying very guarded for when I do.
Sobriety is so important to me I can't let myself down that way.
Have a great hump day!
If anyone is struggling we have our hands extended to help you up! You're worth it! Don't give up on yourself. You deserve peace and happiness and to be the you you were meant to be! ((Hug)) to everyone!
Great post KeyofC! I hope you have a great hump day as well!!

I also like posting around and checking out other classes and groups.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks Letitgo! Sometimes I can form and actual thought that makes sense, comes out in sentence form, and I type all my thoughts in a collective manner..Lol
Happy day today is that day! ((Lol)) This was a small achievement that someone noticed. (I talked about this in one of my blogs..woohoo!)

Old 09-16-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi all, coming up on 9 weeks here,

Waiting on some test results from the doc that are going to take forever to come back. I'm not going to lie, I'm stressing hard and the AV is right in my ear today.

Hope you all are doing better than I am!
Old 09-16-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hang on in there holds. I also had to wait for test results so I know how stressful it can be. Mine were for my liver to check what damage I'd done. Luckily they came back clear.

Thanks for the support yesterday all. Mentally I'm feeling better today than yesterday and more positive. Physically I feel pretty run down. I awoke with a cold this morning and my throat is killing me!

I coped much better at work today and I've been proactive, despite news this morning that my company is about to cut a whole load of staff in a new round of redundancies. I've got a few leads for new roles lined up for discussion tomorrow. Hopefully I can get something so my ass is covered and I'm away from the redundancy axe.

Letitgo - Thanks for the congratulations
Cbf - the liverpudlian / Evertonian thing is very similar to Newcastle / Sunderland up here. I'm actually from York originally but I think I'm an adopted geordie now. I've always been a newcastle Utd fan, begrudgingly sometimes!
Old 09-16-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi.

I got over that guy as soon as I had some space and my emotions caught up with what I knew.

I have actually met someone really nice. We can talk and giggle for hours really easily. I wasn't drinking when we first met and he was cool with that. It is ideal as he also really wants to take it very slow as we both have some stuff to work out. It's a little dose of feeling happy with no pressure and plenty of time to be myself and still have my own space.

Guess which idiot is potentially risking screwing it up by getting too drunk and calling or texting saying dumb stuff that does not even represent what they think and feel? Hoping I have not scared him off already as drunk me can be hard work.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better BBB! Welcome back DD!! We missed you.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

DD - it is really great to hear from you
Old 09-16-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Congratulations Holds!! The av is still lurking for me as well. It takes a good amount of time to break the habit. I think we all get nervous about test results. I know I was when i got my physical. Unfortunately all the worrying and anxiety dont change anything. All you can do is wait and hope for the best. I wish you well.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome back, DD!!!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well that was an unnecessary scare! Nurse called said my levels are normal, everything is okay, although they are still waiting on the thyroid hormone test. But they tested it back in July and it came out normal then.

I still have an appointment next friday but at least that came out fine! I worry too much. Oh well thats a load off anyway, thanks for the support guys!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Phew! That sort of thing can really freak you out. Thank goodness for that :-)
Old 09-16-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad everything is ok Holds

Welcome back DD do you have a plan?

D
Old 09-16-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Whew Holds, good deal! Hang in there!

Letitgo, sorry about the panic attack, but glad your shrink is on it. Thanks for explaining about the drug testing thing; it seemed awfully intrusive, but can understand his/her reasoning. For some reason, I've always treated my prescriptions with care, but considering how I drank...

DD- Happy you are back!

Okay, need to break this into two posts again.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

My brain is mush. Let's see:

cbf and TS- Can I say to my friends, "See ya. I need to get some 'kip'"? Or can I use 'kip' as a verb? Very geekish I know, but love new words. (Okay, so I've read it in books but want to throw it out there to see if my friends notice.)

I'd better go. As above, my brain truly is mush. That several-day AV assault has me reeling (though feeling much better than before).

BBB- Glad to hear you had a good day at work!

Take care, everyone.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hmmm...interesting question. I've only heard it used as a noun, like you say, "I'm off to get some kip now" etc....

However, one might also be creative and break the laws of convention by saying "I am kipping right now". Doh....no, not likely if you are asleep...."She is kipping right now". That could work :-) Not the usual done thing, but hey, who cares?!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

How about, "Be quiet, I'm trying to kip here!"?