# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 5

last thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-23.html

D
Old 09-10-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thought I'd bring in a brass band and some marching girls for the opening of this thread.....

Old 09-11-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Since Miss Shabby brought a band and marching girls to the opening of Part 5, I thought I'd add another Zither Souncloud to the festivities.

Don't mean to presume that those who heard the first one want to hear another, but I figure I'll just PM the link to earlier listeners and save some back and forth. Anyone else wanna listen, just let me know.

Be warned, even though Zither is a comic novel, parts of this scene get a bit heavy, philosophically. But those same passages tell (in a deliberately overwrought fashion) much of what the book is about.

Also, for some reason, when this soundcloud is finished it autoplays the previous one. Can't figure out how to stop that.

Hope all are well and, unlike me, sleeping.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Frank!

Just taking a quick peek during the advertisements while Mr TS takes a ciggie break. Fantastic! I will listen to that tonight when I retire with my earplugs. Looking forward to it!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Frank
Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Hi Frank!

Just taking a quick peek during the advertisements while Mr TS takes a ciggie break. Fantastic! I will listen to that tonight when I retire with my earplugs. Looking forward to it!!!
I was gonna make some comment about night owls but I think it's only like 8:00 pm your time.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Morning Frank
Morning, Wolf. Good to see you.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Gm all you lovely people . What a beautiful way for me to wake up to find another PM from Frank . With more exciting reads from his Novel " Zither ".
sao : No fear , things got pretty deep on my thoughts on losing Baby when the time comes . Everyone here rallied around me to give me ideas . I will be looking into another pet to help me with my Empty Nest feeling when she's gone .
SW nice seeing another one of my SR friends on here Glad you dropped in please do come around more often .
Another fresh tread for more adventures to look forward to in Lapidas'Land

Old 09-11-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Shabby Love that opening of the tread . Here's a clip to a series I watched when I was younger, that was made around my parents era . Got a lot of good laughs from it . Most of you may have not seen it . Picture me as the little girl in the gang . If you enjoy it I will find more every now & then to lift up or make days brighter ...https://youtu.be/n4vU_vfenuU
Old 09-11-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning
Just keep sending me then soundcloud frank, I like it, I'll listen tonight!
Heading off to work, no school today xx
Old 09-11-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have to go back and catch up on all those naughty posts that ran up to 561 or so. Dee, how are we supposed to know when you aren't around?? (Love you.)

Frank, I agree that it was a nice surprise to see another soundcloud bit in my pm box. I love them too.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby
Well, I have to admit to being really, really stupid on that front. I never watched Lost, so I didn't know the character, and for a little while I thought that actually was Frank!!
Me too, sweetie! And I agree. Time for a new image without the bandage. You are healing up pretty nicely.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Shabby, that's so awesome! I would never just look for an image, see one and say, "Meh. That'll do" and have it be something so cool.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

They are truly an amazingly , majestic creatures . My Mom collected nick knack's & trinkets of all kinds . She would ( sort of ) tell a story as she would look at each one
Old 09-11-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby
Hi Jen - it was a disaster. Stress has now increased tenfold. My mother rang, and had gone to Cray Cray town over something (not unusual), but because I'd been drinking, I handled it badly (I've since sorted this). I also got a call from a work colleague who organised a get together with me to talk about something. Trouble is, I;m not entirely sure what day and what we're talking about. I still don't know what to do about that one. Thought I might just be 'honest' and say I was out for dinner and had a couple of drinks. Actually, I was drinking at home, but the former doesn't sound quite so bad. Any thoughts guys? Or should our support not stretch to helping others get out of drinking consequences with fibs.....?
I might have missed something but I'm not understanding why you would tell her anything about it. Why would you?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi
Get a new pet now, but not a dog- maybe a budgie like I have, that way you, the budgie and baby will all be together, and if its baby's time, then you still have the budgie, but it won't feel like you're replacing baby.
The bird honestly brightens up my life and my house, I love him.
He's right! My dog doesn't have all that much time left either. Not as close to "the rainbow bridge" as your Baby is but I have been keeping my eyes pealed for a new addition to my family. That "being alone" thing is the hard part. Just make sure you won't be!

I hate that expression, btw. (Rainbow bridge.) Makes me cringe for some reason.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Woof! Finally caught up on the Lapidas thread that refused to end. Now I must catch up here but the Black Lab is starting to get tired of my internet-based focus. Must earn my keep. Brb.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Cissy I have that plan in place of getting some kind of small critter soon . I'm just that type . I need that feeling of something is with me or I'm there for them It's getting harder & harder to find places to rent with pets here . So If I have to move I can bring a smaller one with me . Not to have a loss on top of a loss !! I may even go as far as to talk with my Dr. next visit to tell her what my future may be looking at . Lots of back up plan's in place !!
Not real found of the Rainbow Bridge either
Up with the angels more to my liking
Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

After I quoted Jsbodhi's post here, I read that you were looking toward a hamster or a guinea pig. They are both cool. Hamster's are nocturnal and may ride their squeaky exercise wheel while you're trying to sleep. Not sure about the g. pigs. I think they'd be more diurnal. (??)

I heavily rely on that little red line that tells me my spelling is atrocious. Over time it has improved because of it but it's still pretty bad. Nesty, I'm glad you found out how to use your red lines! LOL. Shabby to the rescue!

And Nesty, I'm a renter too so I totally hear ya on having a pet that can be allowed in an apartment. Don't get a breed of dog that might be considered aggressive and try to keep it around 20 lbs. I know most larger dog lovers think smaller dogs aren't real dogs but they are. I had a mini American Eskimo once. She could get yappy and was threatening to other dogs when on a leash but my being antisocial rubbed off on her and she had a pretty crappy life. Sorry to admit that but it's true.

I used to work 12 hour shifts and with travel time and the unpaid 30 minute lunch break, I'd be gone for 14 hours at a time. She was stuck in the apartment and that was that. I'd take her out for potty breaks but she rarely ever got walked. This made her all the worse on the leash when it came to seeing other dogs.

Poor dog was struck and killed by a car at the age of 6. Talk about a time for drinking! My sister (who never drinks and doesn't like that I do/did) got a call from me telling her that the dog was dead, I wasn't going to work and I was on my way over with a bottle of wine. As always, her door was open.

Two weeks later, I got my current dog. She is named Cisco or "Cissy." My name is actually Cheryl. Feel free to keep calling me Cissy though. Don't want to confuse anybody. Just "revealing myself."
Old 09-11-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you for Zither Frank. I've always liked Libraries. Excellent, won't say more 'till others have listened (don't wanna plot spoil)

I live on my own and three floors up so no pets for me. On very good terms with neighbours cat Boris though, I gave him a bit of smoked salmon once and now he springs in front of me like a highwayman on the path to the flats

Glad it's the weekend