Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 5

Old 09-12-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
I see you had company so that's good .
You gurlz always assume the worst. My 'company' was a pillow. We made sweet love then I drooled all over her.

Nesty, I can't figure out your new AV pic. Is that a Kiwi with a globe stuck on her head?
Old 09-12-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
You gurlz always assume the worst. My 'company' was a pillow. We made sweet love then I drooled all over her.

Nesty, I can't figure out your new AV pic. Is that a Kiwi with a globe stuck on her head?
My AV pic is a Dream Catcher , there suppose to catch your bad dreams . Let only good ones come through .
Old 09-12-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Frank, I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not when you mentioned seeing your shrink today. Regardless, one thing I'd encourage you to look into is the whole sleep situation. You're a grown-up so I don't need to lecture you or remind you that sleep is essential.

But ... well, sleep is essential. Our brains get exhausted and I think that makes us more vulnerable.

Any thoughts about talking to a doc about that? I remember you said something about a doc wanting to prescribe sleep meds for you but that you weren't real big on the idea. I understand that. But something's got to be addressed there.

I also know that you're reluctant to talk much about yourself here. So I don't know what your situation is, but I hope you can find some way to spend time outdoors and get some light in. Is there any way you could look into respite providers so you can get some time to yourself and pursue some healthy "self time"?
Old 09-12-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

My AV pic is a Dream Catcher , there suppose to catch your bad dreams . Let only good ones come through .
Oddly, I don't think I've ever in my life had a bad dream/nightmare.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

According to Native Americans, dreams that humans have while they sleep, are sent by sacred spirits as messages. According to their Legend, in the Center of the Dream Catcher there is a hole. Good dreams are permitted to reach the sleeper through this hole in the web. As for the bad dreams, the web traps them and they disappear at dawn with the first light. For some, they try to determine what messages are being past onto them and what the message represents ..
This tells more about them Frank . They aren't really just for bad dreams .
Old 09-12-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Frank, I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not when you mentioned seeing your shrink today. Regardless, one thing I'd encourage you to look into is the whole sleep situation. You're a grown-up so I don't need to lecture you or remind you that sleep is essential.

But ... well, sleep is essential. Our brains get exhausted and I think that makes us more vulnerable.

Any thoughts about talking to a doc about that? I remember you said something about a doc wanting to prescribe sleep meds for you but that you weren't real big on the idea. I understand that. But something's got to be addressed there.

I also know that you're reluctant to talk much about yourself here. So I don't know what your situation is, but I hope you can find some way to spend time outdoors and get some light in. Is there any way you could look into respite providers so you can get some time to yourself and pursue some healthy "self time"?
Yes, Venecia, I was kidding about the shrink. Mostly what I do on this thread is kid around. It makes me happy.

My doc has offered, but not pushed, sleep meds. Really don't want to go there. I have another appt with her on the 21st, so we'll see.

As far as "respite care" for my mother, it would be more of a hassle to train them than it's worth. But thank you for the thought.

How was vacation?
Old 09-12-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Vacation was too short. But nice.

It's 350 miles from where I live to Door County. If it was closer, I think I'd become a regular visitor. Hard to believe I've never been there (or at least not that I can remember ... I was very young). It's exceptionally beautiful and has a rich history.

Not surprisingly, though, anything that close to Chicago is also ridiculously popular. Mom and I went around at night some and it was still busy. And we're talking weeknights in September. I cannot imagine what it must be like in the summertime.

So at the risk of pushing this, I do hope you talk more with your physician about sleep. It's important, Frank. I know you know that. I'll just remind you.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

They aren't really just for bad dreams .
Where does Donald Trump fit into all of this? Just wondering.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I wouldn't mind at all for Donald Trump to get tied up tight in more than just a dream catcher !! He even looks Crooked ... Going to pick up another pet tomorrow Frank , some on here may not like my choice ... We will have to come up with named I could say its a hamster or something cute but they are good pets I had them before ..
Old 09-12-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Going to pick up another pet tomorrow Frank , some on here may not like my choice ... We will have to come up with named I could say its a hamster or something cute but they are good pets I had them before ..
So have you decided yet?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I wouldn't mind at all for Donald Trump to get tied up tight in more than just a dream catcher !! He even looks Crooked ... Going to pick up another pet tomorrow Frank , some on here may not like my choice ... We will have to come up with named I could say its a hamster or something cute but they are good pets I had them before ..
I feel kind of funny about telling you all what I'm getting
Old 09-12-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Tell us.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Is it a rat?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Ok here goes A Pet Rat I had some years ago & really enjoyed them Feed back ??
Old 09-12-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Yes Cissy , I think I did mention it earlier on here right ? Brain fog here
Old 09-12-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I hear they make great pets and are wonderful at interacting and very playful. What will you name him?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Yes Cissy , I think I did mention it earlier on here right ? Brain fog here
I don't think so, I just guessed cause you were hesitant to say.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Ok here goes A Pet Rat I had some years ago & really enjoyed them Feed back ??
Cissy nailed that one!

A rat? A rat?

I was going to suggest you name your new pet 'Frankie' but now maybe not so much.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Yeah. Name him Frank. Hehehe.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Because I of you all helping me with making it through with my Baby's health . That to get another pet I would like some ideas , on names .