Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 5

Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Patricia...just a bump in the road. I certainly get the overwhelmed mom bit. I have 3kids, now are teens and twenties, who. An set me off on a given moment. It's a bit easier when they are older because they go to college and work but they still bother me looking for sox too!!! But, I've always had to work out of the house saw well....
Hang in there . Maybe try an hour or 2 off rather than a day??? It may be more manageable. I feel your pain girlfriend ...one beer does not destroy all of your hard work thus far....

Hugs to all of the augustables...have a great day xo
Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Sorry, the spell check killed my typing
Old 09-24-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Patricia, ((hug)) it's hard all the things we women do. We take care of everyone and usually we neglect ourselves. I know I do. It's hard working and be a Mom. Both are full time jobs! I have three kids and mine are young adults. My youngest is almost 18. This only means I have young people in adult bodies running around without a clue and basically no brain in their head capable of making a real good decision! Lmbo! Anyway it may be time to put in place some boundaries! It's time to start giving yourself some time and making sobriety a priority and that includes taking care of your needs. Easier said than done and it will be a learning lesson for your family as well. I have found its so important to sobriety. As women we give ourselves away! Take it back and start small so eventually you get it all back and are in control of you again!
Troy! To look back on the story you told is funny but I'm sure at the time...uh not so much! Lol
Hope everyone is doing good! Make it a great day!
Check in later..those struggling with sobriety hang in there. It gets better it really does! Change your thinking to change your thinking and your life!
((Hug))!!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I feel bad. I basically just killed a kitten.

It ended up behind my washing machine for some reason, and thankfully I got to it before my dogs did. Well, my dogs found it first, but I kicked them out of the kitchen while moving the washing machine out of the way, and sure, there was a little kitten there. No idea how he/she got there.

Can't stay in my house, as it would be dead within 10 seconds if my dogs got a hold of it. Wandered around a bit asking people, but I just got the "it's a stray cat, you're crazy" look. I did what the one guy suggested, and dumped it at the temple.

The thing will be dead within an hour once the dogs at the temple find it. That sucks.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Look around the house Troy, there might be more kittens. Moms will hide their kittens to protect them from predators.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Troy I hear you.
One of our dogs is a German shepherd. He's a eater. No cats on our mountain.
Including bobcats.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi gang. I haven't been posting much even though I'm here everyday
and I think I might be getting complacent! I'm gonna' try and post daily from now on.

I do have a question. I'm on day 47 and I've been suffering from constipation for a week or so. I've done some research and constipation seems to be a withdrawal symptom.

But should this be the case on almost two months sober??? I didn't have this initially. I'm not asking for medical advice. Just wondered if anybody else has the same complaint.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I would think it's diet related. Your body is absorbing more iron and other nutrients that might back you up. More water & probiotics will help you out.

"if we don't change, we don't grow. if we don't grow, we aren't really living"~Gail Sheehy
Old 09-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coleiope View Post
I would think it's diet related. Your body is absorbing more iron and other nutrients that might back you up. More water & probiotics will help you out.
Thanks Coleiope. I'm trying to eat a fiber rich diet and I do drink lots of water. Maybe I'll try some probiotics.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

BBG I think there can be withdrawals anytime. I still do once in a while and I'm at 65 days! I cant say I have your problem though.
Wish I could offer something to help!
Old 09-24-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

How you guys doing? I'm drunk as they come right now. I've fought 2 guys and had a major argument with the misses. Lost my watch somewhere.

Tomorrow's night shift will be interesting.

Does this mean I have to start over in a different topic? I grew a fond of your nonsense, I truly am an oaf.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank AARGH.

There's no rules on staying in the thread or not - the idea is to be with people around the same point as you, but if you feel you'd be uncomfortable starting in a new thread I know you'll be welcome here.

D
Old 09-24-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I'd like to stay here, but I'd feel like a fraud. I didn't have one beer, two glasses of this or that... I really ****** up.

Thank you for being supportive, as much as I'd like to dismiss all the little things you've said, they truly helped. However, I need to start over. Stay stronger.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't empathise with your situation AARGH.

I fell off the wagon, in spectacular fashion, many times.

You've been honest throughout.

I'd hardly call you a fraud.

If you feel like these guys are your people, then stay.
D
Old 09-24-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Well ARGH, glad to see you post. No back patting here, except to say glad to see you posted about it. You fell. I hope your bruises will remind you that you are on this journey for a very good reason. I don't think a fall is reason to find a new group as long as you get right back up and get back to your goal. I see it as a hiccup and a lesson learned. So I hope that you sleep it off and tell us more tomorrow. And I think you should go to the tailor and take the Misses out. And tell her you're sorry. I don't know where you are, or what time it is there, but I hope you have a peaceful evening.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Hi gang. I haven't been posting much even though I'm here everyday
and I think I might be getting complacent! I'm gonna' try and post daily from now on. .
BBG, I don't know about your other issue, but I'm really glad you are going to try a daily post! It has helped me to be accountable.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MilitiARGH View Post
I'd like to stay here, but I'd feel like a fraud. I didn't have one beer, two glasses of this or that... I really ****** up.

Thank you for being supportive, as much as I'd like to dismiss all the little things you've said, they truly helped. However, I need to start over. Stay stronger.
Stay with us, ...as Dee said before we don't shoot our wounded here.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Oh MilitiA....I hate it that you gave in. I hate it for you more. Brush yourself off, get up. If you feel you want to give it another go then by all means stay with us. I think you need a more clear plan of what you want for yourself and stop being so wishy washy in your decision or lack there of. Just my thoughts of course. No (hug) for you though.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hey ARGH, I am in the April 2015 Class and made it sober 3 and a half months before I slipped. That's when I joined this class. Then I drank four more times. But I'm still in the April class and I'm still in this Class because you all help hold me accountable.

Drinking one time (even if you got really messed up) doesn't mean you failed. You came back here and posted and that makes all the difference. Maybe it can be a lesson for you: what went wrong? What can you do differently next time? Others may be able to help.

I hope that you stick with us. You can always join the September Class as well just for extra support. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MilitiARGH View Post

Stay. You've got friends here. It's easier to hang in this journey with people you already know. We aren't going to beat you up. I'm guessing this isn't easy for any of us, lord knows I've tried plenty of times,