Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 8

Old 10-11-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

None for me today.

Today I feel like punching somebody. Haven't found a willing participant yet.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
None for me today.

Today I feel like punching somebody. Haven't found a willing participant yet.
Go for a run. Or listen to come on up to the house, by tom waits. Either or both of those might work out better

Take care mate

OMD
Old 10-11-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Made it home safely. Don't have any urge to drink but am feeling ashamed, guilty, let down, upset...the list goes on. I know that self-loathing won't get me anywhere. I still feel at a loss. And I'm tired which doesn't make matters easier!

Okay...well enough venting. On the bright side, I am very grateful to have had a safe trip today and be home and ready to go to sleep to wake up and return to work tomorrow. Taking some deep breaths.

Hope you all have a good start to the week!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to have you back Kim

D
Old 10-12-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Welcome home Kim!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Glad you're still with us Kim! Take it easy, Inc! That run sounds like a good idea, OMD.

Take care all!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I made the day without punching somebody. Today I feel like a nap. Just worked 9 hours. Gonna take a 20min power nap, shower, then go sell for 5 hrs.

A few months ago if I had a day like this, I'd be drinking from the start just to get me going. This small break would be used to pour more. Glad the insanity is over!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you made it home Kim!

Very glad the day did not end in fisticuffs, Inc. That could be quite the high pressured sales pitch. "Buy some insurance or I will beat the snot out of you."

OMD, my favorite Tom Waits, of course, is"The Piano Has Been Drinking, Not Me"
That line never worked for me either.

Pleasant dreams all!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thanks, All, for the well wishes. I'm glad to be back too Sort of climbed an emotional mountain today. Started off this morning pretty tired and irritable; got to work and didn't want to talk to everyone (who of course were asking about my trip). Luckily snapped out of it mid-morning and then had a pretty normal day. Got home and out of nowhere popped into a very positive mood. Made my lunch and did some chores and am feeling very energized and happy. I'm not sure how or why but I'll take it!

Inc, I am glad you are feeling better and I hope you were able to get some rest. I hope you all are well!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Went to bed early last night. Slept real good too. Same routine for today, but at least I'm rested and don't feel like chocking somebody!

Swim, good for you! Maybe it's the Wellbutrin helping you out? Oddly enough if your taking Wellbutrin and drinking you could have the opposite effect on mood. At least that was my experience.

Have a great sober day!
Old 10-13-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

What a loong weekend drive! Made it home, the trip was far too short.
I am just bouncing with energy this afternoon, after spending the day in the car all day yesterday. We had a great visit though, already missing family. My aunty had a pretty hectic start of the year with her breast cancer, but she is doing so well now.

None for me today, I so want to celebrate 6 months of sober living in a couple weeks! Plus, I am looking forward to my strength training class tonight. I think I need to go for a run walk with my dog, he's a little mad at me for leaving him behind at the kennel.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you had a good trip, Cauliflower. Always great to see family. And I hope you enjoyed strength training!

I had a great day today. Was in a really good mood all day. Was energetic, motivated, playful, and optimistic. Went to the gym for the first time in over 2 weeks and it felt so good to workout. Heard a little bit from the AV but stayed focused on how great my life is/can be when I don't drink. Feeling grateful and optimistic for the positive things in my life. Especially for you all - I've said it a million times, but I am so grateful to have such a caring group of people to help me get back up after I fall. Thank you!!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Just checking in. Usual work nonsense but otherwise all good here.

Have a great day!

None for me today.

OMD
Old 10-13-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Morning all! Hope you're all keeping well. I'm good. Just reflecting on how much better things have got for me in the last 6 months! Looking forward to going through this milestone next week!

Take care, all!
Old 10-14-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Evening! Another good day on the books. Little bit of noise from the AV but that's expected. Was tired on the train on my way home and considered skipping the gym, but I went and it felt great. Got to keep reminding myself how great I will feel afterward. I've been trying to meditate and take deep breaths before I go to sleep and I'm sure that is helping me feel good.

Glad to hear you are all well! Take care.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm doing alright except I had a new coworker ask me with a smile on her face how many months pregnant I was. I looked at her for a second while I registered the question in my head "did she just ask . . ." and she asked again while pointing at my belly "you're pregnant?" No, I am not was my response. She gave me that look you give when you've realized that you just asked a non pregnant woman how many months pregnant they are and stammered that she was sorry. Yeah, I need to lay off the fast food because I've been chowing down on it this month at lunch but that is a question that I have NEVER asked someone, lol. That's just a very risky question and it did hurt my feelings for a bit but I'm letting it go. It did motivate me to have pretzels for a snack instead of the hersey's almond bar that I was planning.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

The world is full of thoughtlessness, Angie. Try not to give it too much thought.

Morning all! Time for another busy sber day!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Yeah Angie...I'm with you. I NEVER ask....well, until about 8months in. Stupid people.

But yeah...lay off the fast food girl. Belly or no belly. It'll kill you.

I mentioned before weigh less now than I have since the 90's. Lost over 30 pounds since I quit. All I did was quit booze and fast food. I started eating real food instead. Nothing processed. It was hard at first. Not necessarily the urges, but convenience of it. I'm on the road all day. Hard to find good food.

I figured out....instead of fast food drive through, I find the closest grocery store. Lots of quick to go choices there.

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
OMD

Agreed. So if your gran could not have bought it, don't buy it. Stick to that and watch the weight drop off, especially once you have cut the booze

All that is all very well and good of course but I do like a nice bar of chocolate! So if you like crap food, live a little by having half of what you would otherwise have. Win win!

Angie I can imagine whoever said that was pretty embarrassed, and will probably never say that again. I remember asking someone how her granddaughter was and was told it was her daughter. That was over 20 years ago and I still cringe!

Anyway, gotta run. Have a great day!

OMD
Old 10-15-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Cauli, glad you had a good trip and its great to read your feeling well!

SwimKim, you too I am glad to read youre feeling good too!

Stargazer, Omd, Amp~Hiya! Seems like you're doing good yourselves!

Amp glad your coming up on another milestone for yourself!

Angie, I agree..I bet your co-worker wanted to die! I never ever ask a lady if she's pregnant unless I know it's confirmed form another source or she mentions it in conversation. Ive seen it happen too many times...mistaken pregnancy...and on both ends it can be devastating! Sorry that happened (hug)

Inc, reading about your weight loss..congrats! Seems like for some its a benefit we get from not drinking. Not being too hard on myself. Just being conscious about what I'm putting in my body now. I do allow myself to indulge sometimes, over eat sometimes, but for the most part I try to be sensible and it's coming off on it's own. So glad!

I read a lot of threads and participate because I like to read that everyones doing good! Also in case there's a chance someone is in crisis and nobody is available to respond. I work with a computer in my face all day so I am able to check in through the day. So glad you guys are caring and supportive of each other! Thank you for letting me participate and read up on y'all, I appreciate you!