Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-04-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi- Yikes! That is a long day of work!

As for me I have the worst heartburn, my normal prescription is not even touching my heartburn. I feel like i have fire in my throat. I am also so tired. I need to get some food in this house but can't get motivated to do anything.
Right now i don't feel any pull to drink but who knows how i will feel by tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Great posts everyone just checking in from work.. Day 4. A real battle going on inside my head .. What do I want more? Sobriety or to instant short term pleasure of drinking followed by massive consequences. Should be a no brainer, but my addiction keeps screaming that is ok. No it's not!!! I like myself sooooo much better sober.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi - I let other people affect me two days ago and drank. That said, I am joining this month and back on the path. Thank you all being here.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Great posts everyone just checking in from work.. Day 4. A real battle going on inside my head .. What do I want more? Sobriety or to instant short term pleasure of drinking followed by massive consequences. Should be a no brainer, but my addiction keeps screaming that is ok. No it's not!!! I like myself sooooo much better sober.
I can relate to what you are saying. My AV voice is saying, "oh, you are only on day 6, not that long, you can drink tonight and start over" I think to myself, sure when would that be a month a year from now? I have worked very hard for my 6 sober days and will not lose them. AV voice will lose.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Had a Friday night challenge tonight....i'd usually have skipped post work drinks but was bosses pre wedding drinks. I went along for a coke, was tough watching everyone sink pints but I got out after an hour....was tempted to pop in one of the many pubs in way home but bought Ben and Jerry's instead haha. Take that av!

I just kept playing that tape....comparing Saturday after drinking to the Saturday I have planned.

Hope you're all doing OK...
Old 09-04-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
You've got to get off this yo yo of constantly relapsing at some point, FABL. No better day than today. Keep posting once a minute if that's what it takes to not take that first drink. You know it's the right decision, even if it is a hard one.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Forabetterlife- Don't do it! Look at me, i caved in 2 days ago and it was the worst mistake. I still feel awful, physically and mentally. I know your AV is saying otherwise but don't give in. It is a trap! Carebare- I was at day 5 and i said the same thing. My AV was like it won't be a big deal because you can just start over. What a liar my AV is!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

image-2824271456.jpg
Old 09-04-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Wishing strength and wellness to each and every one of you.

For those of us on the early days... Just remember, these first 3-5 are the hardest. Do we want to keep doing them over and over? Or should we get through them and start really enjoying life again?
Old 09-04-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
orangutan

Welcome to all our new September members!

DAY 5

I am staying strong by not drinking , once I get past the evening meal I don't seem to have the urge to drink , the hard part is from around
3 pm to dinner time that's when I used to do most of my secret drinking until my husband came home then I would join him in drinks. My headaches are still bad , I have them most of the time all day , not throbbers but dull all the time , today I just feel like sh*t physically. I reckon I have around another week or so of this from previous experiences getting dry.
Stay strong everyone.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Day 21 of being sober.

Glad to join this group here, I'm hoping I'll be able to find something I've been unable to find just by myself. I've gone through the worst of my physical cravings, and I'm just trying to avoid alot of my 'triggers', which is unfortunate being a bartender and working in the food service industry. I haven't touched a drop since I got my 2nd dwi a few weeks ago, but I can see my problem clearly now and how difficult it's going to be in the future.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey all.

Five days down. Last night, friday, was absolutely the hardest. I really missed a drink on my own after a long day.

Its funny that, my excuse to drink has always been keeping an active social life, yet its easy for me not to drink, or even possible to moderate socially.

Whats impossible is drinking alone. I go off the rails.

And thats when I most want to drink. For me, not for anyone else, but for me to ease anxiety and pain. To escape.

Five mornings without a hangover is insane. I feel like I'm walking in a dream. My mind is lacking its usual fog. My life is lacking its usual drama of the hangover, the frenetic race through the day to kill the hangover with booze.

How strange it all is.

I am grateful.

-Kin
Old 09-04-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you kinzoku

D
Old 09-04-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Casey, you are right about me having to get off this yo yo thing- it's been going on far too long.
Sometimes I think this pattern has become my new normal- sabotaging myself with drinking followed by the natural high of sobriety. I don't know. Whatever it is, I want off.
Needtostop- thank you. I have been in your shoes a million times and always regret it terribly. I hope you feel better soon and we can move on sober in September together.

Once I've moved past my nightly craving and accept that I won't be drinking, I just want to go to bed and sleep... Sometimes that's as early as 7:00! Not that there isn't plenty to do, I just am done. Maybe fighting the craving on top of my already way to stressful day is just too exhausting. But it also feels a little sad that I just want to sleep if I can't drink. I hope that goes away soon.

I plan to be around a lot this weekend and I hope all of you are as well
Old 09-04-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Kin, I'm a mostly alone Drinker too. Pretty easy for me to say no or moderate socially but alone, there's no one watching and I slip into my own little bubble. Five days is great - and five days without the drinking physical, mental, and emotional drama when we can actual feel a moment or two of peace. Love it.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Kin, that's awesome! Today is day 7 for me. I am. Solo binge drinker. In public I won't even drink. Gotta keep up the facade I guess. Congrats!
Old 09-05-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hello day 5 here had a relaxing sober lie in beats using a day off to recover from an hangover any day.

Seems quite a few of us drink normally in public but at home alone all bets are off. Didn't start out like that for me alcohol give me false confidence in social situations that i didn't have it hid my shyness and quietness so I could fit in. How this poison takes hold till we need it just to be alone deal with feelings or just to get through the day.

Anyway plan for today is cinema meal then hospital visit finished off with telly watching and cake got to have some treats lol.

Hope you all have a great Saturday
Old 09-05-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Today is my day one. Turns out my habit of isolating and not talking when things get hard, doesn't work out too well!

I'm disappointed in myself but I went to a meetings already this morning and a friend told me that there's nothing I can do but learn from it and push forward. It's made me feel less ashamed.

I'm reworking my programme and have taken an extra commitment at one of my regular meetings. I make awful coffee though so I don't know if they know what they've let themselves in for! Ha.

Anyway good to be here and I'm looking forward to catching up :-)
Old 09-05-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Hi everyone. Thought it would be a good idea to join this class. 2 days sober today. I've been around SR for a few years now. After my most recent relapse that lasted 5 days I met with an addiction councilor lat night which was awesome and going to try and go to a meeting tomorrow night.
Hi boozefree, good to see you and that's brilliant about the counsellor. I'm seeing my addiction counsellor next week after not seeing her for *ages* and it definitely helps!
Old 09-05-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
Hi everyone. Day 3 and I recognize I'm entering my danger zone. That area where I don't feel hungover, but like I've forgotten my keys or kids somewhere. Its the weekend and a long holiday one to boot. I've got a plan and what I feel is a strong mindset to stay sober. I'm avoiding holiday parties, but I can't avoid home which was my major drinking location. I have identified a few new relaxing activities that I can do once I get wore out from the projects I have planned. Stay strong all and happy sober Friday!
That's brilliant that you are so self aware and I'm sending you lots of positivity. You can do this!