Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Bean S,
I'm on 4 too ! God last 3 days been baaaad.
You think we can make it through the holiday weekend?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hi peeps. I have joined many classes before this one and cant seem to quit.

Hoping this sept will be different. Its day 1 for me.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jade

D
Old 09-03-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Welcome Jade! I remember you from a few of the classes. I'm early on here on day 2, but I', going to try and come up with a better recovery plan this time. What about you?
Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I came close today too, guys. Once I ate I felt better and the craving passed. But I'm starting to feel that familiar dullness that leads me to drink. It's not really boredom, it's just dull and my addiction tell me that drinking will liven up my night/day. And relax me of course.
Well anyway, glad to be ending day 3. Trying to plan my weekend , keeping myself busy will lots of things that are good for me. I am worried, it's a long weekend-- but we can only take it one day at a time.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you got a plan for the weekend FABL? Things to do? changes in routine?

D
Old 09-03-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Dee - I made a long list of things that need to be done, should be done, and that I want to do. I don't have mapped out day by day. Maybe I should work on that a little. I plan to exercise each morning and do some shopping for ME. As well as tons of domesticated stuff, all which I enjoy (except for cleaning ..

One thing that I feel will keep my accountable is that I am going to a self help/spiritual conference on the 19th (an early bday gift to myself ) and it is very important to me that I am clear headed, focused and in a good frame of mind for this . I can't be coming off a relapse or I know won't be able to get nearly as much out of it, if that makes any sense. I need to be 19 days sober by then !
Old 09-03-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
Thought it would be a good idea to join this class. 2 days sober today. I've been around SR for a few years now. After my most recent relapse that lasted 5 days I met with an addiction councilor lat night which was awesome and going to try and go to a meeting tomorrow night.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome BF

D
Old 09-04-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Welcome to all of the new joiners. To those that have relapsed, I am sorry. Only being on day 5, I don't know what advice I can give. What I do know is this transformation that we are all working towards is hard enough without beating yourself up and self-loathing. You have to try and forgive yourself and start putting enough value on yourself to know that there is a better life out there for you.

For a long time, life has been throwing things at me to try and make me change. From my early 20s, I have been arrested and charged for drink driving, I have lost friends, hurt family, I have got in the car when I shouldn't have done, thankfully I have never hurt anyone through doing that. All of these things were life/the universe/God/my angels, whatever you believe in, trying to show me the error of my ways, to give up drinking and improve my life. It has taken me losing a man that I truly love for me to finally decide to leave that life behind. A life where I give control to others through my actions, where I put obstacles in my own way.

I would give anything to have listened earlier and sorted myself out prior to losing my ex, but I can't take any of it back. I have to face the future with courage and conviction that, yes, I have done an awful lot that was wrong, but I have finally taken my head out of the sand and realised what I need to do.

Take care and have courage in the days going forward, as others have said, you are giving yourselves the greatest gift, it will be hard to see that in the early days, but as everyone on SR has said to me, things will get better, we have to believe that.

K8
Old 09-04-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

K8 what an amazing post thank you I truly know where you are coming from.

A few weeks ago there was a diversion on one of the roads and it took me past a swimming pool and gym I used a lot in my late teens early twenties that's gulps 20 years ago now. It really was upsetting to think of that optimistic happy hard working person I was to the lazy depressed lonely drunk I have become.

It really hit it home my young self would be so ashamed of me now it's time to work on who I can be. I have thought a lot about how I got here and the main ingredients was shyness lack of confidence and the inability to deal with feelings. I took to drinking to a duck to water to combat them I think. Time to figure out how to cope without alcohol now.

Wow sorry for long post got a bit carried away.

Hope you all have a sober Friday early days are tough but it will be worth it.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good for you! And I'm right with ya. I had all kinds of signs and clues. Lost my family, lost my job, filed bankruptcy before I finally realized there really is no rock bottom before death. Everything else is false floors.

I quit on 4/22, thus making it over 4months sober. I am sooo thankful I finally said enough is enough! The ONLY regret I have is that I didn't quit before I lost my wife and kids, or before I lost me job, or before I spent my entire 401k, or before I racked up $40k in debt, or before.....

It's not easy, but the rewards are huge!
I am lucky because I HATE alcohol. There is no way I'm ever going to put alcohol to my lips again. I guess that's why some people need to hit bottom first....To finally understand that alcohol will continue to ruin your life until you die.

All of you guys and gals in September are starting to recognize the signs. Pay attention to them! And if you think you hit bottom....you're probably only on a false floor. Now is the time to stop falling and start climbing!

You ALL CAN do this! and life is way better without poisoning to body. Trust me. Just push through.

Make the claim..."None for me today," and you'll be that much closer to a better life.

Have a great sober day folks.

NFMT
Old 09-04-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Great couple of posts for going into the weekend. Thank you so much.
Day 2 1/2 for me. My last drink was at noon on Wednesday. My detox really kicked in around 3am the next morning when I started throwing up. As with my previous posts, I was not doing well yesterday. I still can't stomach much food but I did get 6 solid hours of sleep (with help from ambien). I feel much better today, like my stomach isn't going to explode out of my body. But food is still hard so I a sticking with protein & nutrient shakes.

One thing I am looking forward to is having a normal tongue/taste buds again.

For once I am not worried about the weekend. I have my son and we have lots of plans. I used to take him to the pool for hours but since I had been drinking so much I put on weight and am not comfortable. Well too bad, he deserves to have fun. I wanted to go to the MLB game but whenever I am there its "oh have a beer" and I don't want to put myself in this position.

I also looked up a local intensive outpatient therapy program. Its 3 days a week for 3 hours a day, lasting 5-6 weeks. And I found a holistic counselor/life coach to speak with one on one so that my head stays in the right place. I think I have always struggled with who I really am in this world, which has led me to alcohol. With alcohol, I can do whatever & blame it on the alcohol. Now I need to focus on me.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Well done julesonya

Sounds like you are doing all of the right things to help you through this.

Have a great weekend with your Son!

K8
Old 09-04-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Well done Julesonya sounds a great plan for the weekend.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 3 and I recognize I'm entering my danger zone. That area where I don't feel hungover, but like I've forgotten my keys or kids somewhere. Its the weekend and a long holiday one to boot. I've got a plan and what I feel is a strong mindset to stay sober. I'm avoiding holiday parties, but I can't avoid home which was my major drinking location. I have identified a few new relaxing activities that I can do once I get wore out from the projects I have planned. Stay strong all and happy sober Friday!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Day 6 for me. I was finally able to eat a decent meal last night, first one in many weeks. I am having cravings today, but I am determined not to give in.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

K8 & tired of me: I can totally relate. We can't go back, but I often think about what my past self would say about my alcoholism.

Incontrol15: powerful post. It was a stark reminder to me of what a friend of mine calls the "yets." I've been fortunate that I haven't lost my family yet.. Same with my job... I haven't lost it yet.. I 100% believe that if I keep drinking, I will.

Day 3 for me btw. Slept rough last night, but otherwise doing well.

I'm rooting for us all to have a sober weekend so that we can all continue the recovery journey.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a nice sober friday evening
Old 09-04-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 2- I worked until 2:30 am and got home at 3, not nice considering I started at 10 am, just heading out to work again.
Will write more over the weekend
Xoxo