Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-03-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Snarky, Jule & carebear. I'm an alone or home drinker most of the time too. My wife has commented a number of times that it's "not normal" for me to stay at home and drink. What we do to justify it, huh?

Beginning of day 2 here. I had a healthy breakfast, and my physical symptoms (upset stomach, sweats) are way better today. I'm never going back to the poison that is alcohol. I believe 100% that it will kill me if I do.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
Welcome Snarky

I can moderate very much in public too but as you said once the beast is awake it won't go away and have to carry on in private. So much so nobody would think I have a problem at all. My friends think I am a light drinker ha!! They go to pubs a few times a week I stopped enjoying that ages ago and drink alone.
I was just mentioning to someone the other day that I was taking a break from alcohol; she said " why? You don't even drink that much."
Little does she know....
I drink normally if at all in public, then I go home by myself......
Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I am almost at 24 hours. I drank yesterday morning so I don't feel like I can count it as a full day.

Any suggestions on foods? I can't keep anything down. I am drinking water but I think that much water on an empty stomach is causing me to puke.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Try something bland? Dry toast, saltine crackers, plain rice...
Old 09-03-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Do your best

Half a can of Heinz chicken soup
Old 09-03-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi All, Nice there's so many of us!

julesonya - Congrats on the 24 hours (almost!)! I have trouble eating when hungover/withdrawing...I have flat coke or soup usually but normally it's a case of have some - puke - sleep a bit etc. I just keep trying bland food that requires very little effort to make and get there in the end!

Day 3 here...still feeling a bit ropey but been back at work and starting to feel more human...bit worried that I'll start feeling good just in time for Friday evening which is always the toughest time but I'm planning to go food shopping after work tomorrow and then I have the last chapter of a computer programming book I'm working through to start so I'm going to keep busy on that this weekend.

I've also been thinking about what I can do differently this time...I've been smoking quite heavily recently and not doing any exercise so I'm going to get back on the e-cig and then start running a bit next week. I think if I feel healthier I'll be more motivated, feeling unhealthy definitely made it easier to fall into drinking again.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Half a can of Heinz chicken soup
Ha, yes! That's exactly the soup I was thinking of too!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Guys i am here with a pounding head today. I didn't make it. Feel awful today. Puked a bunch already. Very upset. Had a talk with my husband. I know i am responsible for my own behavior but he is not helping me with this at all. He wants to drink and wont do AA. Anyway he said he is going to change and really help me from here on out. I hope so. He is a great man in all ways except with booze. It is so hard for both of us and we feed off each other. Anyway so day 1 again. I am fully committed.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needtostopthis View Post
Guys i am here with a pounding head today. I didn't make it. Feel awful today. Puked a bunch already. Very upset. Had a talk with my husband. I know i am responsible for my own behavior but he is not helping me with this at all. He wants to drink and wont do AA. Anyway he said he is going to change and really help me from here on out. I hope so. He is a great man in all ways except with booze. It is so hard for both of us and we feed off each other. Anyway so day 1 again. I am fully committed.
Day 1 again as well.
Feel like a loser, drank 3/4 a bottle of wine after work.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi- Sorry you caved as well. It stinks. We can do this though!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Needto and JS--- today is a new day. Learn the lesson and move on. We are with you ... Hugs
Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Take it one hour at a time, thats all I can say to myself. I feel awful today as well due to withdrawals. So either way you will feel awful - I just know the sober way is going to benefit more in the long run
Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

You're not a loser for drinking....its really tough at first...and you're back here so that's positive. And need to stop, it must be extra hard with a partner who drinks!
It does get better....but like julesonya says one hour a time at first.
One thing I found useful was doing the cost benefit analysis on the smart website...I wrote it all down and kept looking at it and adding to it...let me get my focus back when I was tempted (need to dig that out actually since I obviously lost that focus!)
Old 09-03-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Hey you guys who caved, have you got a plan for next time you get a craving? Maybe come on here and post before you take that drink, so we can help?

Here is a link about "Urge Surfing" -- this might help.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 09-03-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you all a peaceful relaxing night into friday tomorrow

Goodnight ... In this together
Old 09-03-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
Hey you guys who caved, have you got a plan for next time you get a craving? Maybe come on here and post before you take that drink, so we can help?

Here is a link about "Urge Surfing" -- this might help.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Good idea. I will do that or go to a meeting. I should have high tailed it to a meeting last night.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I'm feeling the cravings to drink really bad right now. Day 2 is usually the hardest for me...

I know if I don't quit it WILL kill me. I'm going to be strong. Just wanted to share.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear some of you have fallen. But we've all done it, otherwise there would be no need for us to be here. We are here because we have been unsuccessful at cutting back or quitting entirely. But at some point, as I've seen for many people on this site, it does click, and we do find success at extended sobriety. We just have to keep trying.

Day 4 for me. I feel ok. No desire to drink, but still a little down in the dumps because of my relapse last weekend. Each day is a little better.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thanks for being here...it's day 3 and I have no idea what will happen tmrw but today I'm not drinking.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
I'm feeling the cravings to drink really bad right now. Day 2 is usually the hardest for me...

I know if I don't quit it WILL kill me. I'm going to be strong. Just wanted to share.
Me too FF. Alcohol will kill us.
I made it my signature, because I get foggy and forget.