Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-02-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi All

I am on day 4, day 1 & 2 weren't too bad for me, but day 3 was a doozy. Everyone on here has been so helpful, just commenting on my posts or reading their stories, when you feel low, come back to this site. There is encouragement and support here which is priceless.

Thank you to all those who are dropping in from previous months' classes, your words of support are gratefully received, I commit to doing this for future classes.

Have a great day all, lets get over this one together

K8
Old 09-02-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Julesonya

Congrats on day 4 K8
D
Old 09-03-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

DAY 13
Feeling geat!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi all

I would like to join if that's OK it's day 3 for me after a very horrible weekend.

My life has fallen apart the last two years nothing to do with my drinking but that hasn't helped and I take my part in the situation I find myself in if I was sober previous to it it could be very different.

Ots not the easiest time to do this and being honest i not sure if i can but here I am trying to get through each day and start a new sober life for myself.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 tiredofme! You are doing the best thing for you and your future!

K8
Old 09-03-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome tiredofme

D
Old 09-03-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 4 now , had a horrible sweaty nights sleep but at least managed to get some. I've been relapsing on and off for the past few months after going five months sober. I want that time and feeling back, I felt a million times better and more positive overall. Try really really hard to make it through the first few weeks, I'd say once you get to a month it does get easier for most people.
I'm so fed up with this battle, really can't take the relapses anymore. I'm a huge binge drinker, can actually build some decent sobriety time now in between binges but eventually I relapse and binge again and its not pretty, Ill drink for 2/3 days straight through with minimal sleep, must of given myself alcohol poisoning a load of times, I then go through hellish withdrawal,( kindling is getting worse) swear I'm never doing it again, get some sober time and then binge, rinse, repeat, something has got to change I've been trying to go completely sober now for years, just struggling at the moment to see what else to do to help.
This class is filling up fast and its great to see people who have been struggling for a while as well as everyone new to sobriety.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
Hello-I'd like to join sept sober. I've been on here before, drifted and have been killing myself daily. I need this to stop. I'm going to lose my son, my family, my boyfriend if I don't.
I make it to day 3 and then my av says "you feel fine! You can get a drink. You don't have a problem" and then it's a bottle of vodka every day. My last drink was at noon but I was pretty well drunk until 3 or 4pm. It's the first night in weeks I haven't been drunk. And of course I can't sleep. I have ambien but am afraid to take some since I was drinking earlier today. This is so hard.
Hi Jules, have you been to see a Dr? Withdrawal can be pretty dangerous in the early stages. Hope you are ok and getting through it
Peace X
Old 09-03-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm another one that food helps to quieter my AV as I haven't ever been someone who drank and ate, one or other. Unfortunately I've ended up bingeing on carbs and sugary stuff, put on weight and AV has totally used the weight gain and resultant depression to slip back in. Can't win grrr!
Peace X
Old 09-03-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Trying again too

So I would like to join your class also. I quit again 5 days ago.
I went out with my boss after work ad had only two drinks in three hours. Success! Moderation!
No.
After I left him at the bus, I snuck to the bar I went to all the time.
Just two glasses of wine. Really. It's no biggie.

Woke up the monster.
Went to anothe bar. 3 vodka sodas.
Ate pizza.
Went home. Sucked down another two vodkas straight up.

Woke up with the shakes, shame, disappointment.

My husband quit 146days ago. I made it 47 days with him and said, I'm a better drunk than him, I can control it.

No.

I can't.

So it began, sneaking alcohol so no one would know my secret. Sounds awfully like my binge eating and vomiting days.

I would sneak to the bar and say I was at the gym.

I used to blame my drinking on his bad influence. And granted, when I was with him I would drink even more. But I have some serious issues.

I need help and I know it now.

Day 5 today and it's the worst struggle yet.

Funny how we count alcohol in days. I guess it's a problem when you have to tick off the days. I mean, I can't tell you the last time I ate McDonald's or a donut.

Sorry to be rambling so long. I want to say I look forward to become sober with all of you, But, after three massive failures, I don't have much faith in my willpower. But I always try.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Snarky

D
Old 09-03-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Welcome Snarky

I can moderate very much in public too but as you said once the beast is awake it won't go away and have to carry on in private. So much so nobody would think I have a problem at all. My friends think I am a light drinker ha!! They go to pubs a few times a week I stopped enjoying that ages ago and drink alone.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Same with me tired and snarky. I hardly ever drink in public and if I do, I'm the picture of normal drinking. But when I'm alone the flood gates open.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me, seems better than day 4 was. For those of you mentioning anxiety, I can sure relate. It is one of the main reasons that I drank. I started drinking 10 years ago when I was going through a divorce, very stressful time. But instead of stopping when it was over I just kept on going, gradually the anxiety got worse and I had to drink more to treat it. At the end, I was literally drinking 24/7 and the anxiety was still not relieved, I could not eat or function, I had to stop. I will say that the anxiety has eased at this point and I am going to try and eat something today. I just keep saying it will get better.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

you can do this snarky!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning September from the class of April!

A note on anxiety.
I was an all day drunk for the longest time. I couldn't believe how bad the anxiety became. I was sooo thrilled when anxiety left after stringing a few sober days together. For me, that was a turning point. I knew I was doing the right thing and that I'd be much happier sober.

Stick with it. Before you know it, you'll wonder why you waited so long to quit!

image-1571488476.jpg
Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Same with me tired and snarky. I hardly ever drink in public and if I do, I'm the picture of normal drinking. But when I'm alone the flood gates open.
This is a perfect description of who I was. Never had more than a couple of beers when out with friends or coworkers. But I was always the one who left the gathering early so I could get my real drinking time in.

Class of April 2015
Old 09-03-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Snarky and carebear I am the same. I rarely go out. I justify being **** drunk. Bc I'm at home and I don't have to drive anywhere.

I am laying in bed right now. It's been less than 24 hours sober. I made it through the night. I did throw up. I Smell from the night sweats. And I slept all of 90 mins. I hope by this after noon I feel better but it sounds like I won't until day 3.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 2, welcome to all the new people! I was a homedrinker myself. Makes shaking up the routine so important if I'm going to stick to sobriety. I really don't know how to watch a movie, or relax at home without a drink. So I'm going to stock the fridge with some fun NA drinks and plan lots of activities. Will probably avoid the television for a bit.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day four. Not easy. Not hard. The real tests will come. Glad to be back. To be sober and right thinking. Afraid still.

Hello.